• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Anyone try Hajimoto strip stack mod?

Painterman,
Sorry, didn't click what you were referring to, would have replied sooner. Few years back bought first PCP, Umarex Gauntlet .25 and watched Hajimoto videos to learn internals. First mod was replacing "cigar" style baffle with 4 plastic baffles found on eBay for $15. Like MMCM13 said, hushed up the bark. Baffle stack so much better than "cigar", Umarex installed on Gen 2 Gauntlets. Recently tried a BuckRail moderator on the Gauntlet but returned to baffle stack as more effective. Pictures shows all three versions, longest one is screw-in BuckRail. WM
IMG_20221113_231722.jpg

Painterman,
Sorry, didn't click what you were referring to, would have replied sooner. Few years back bought first PCP, Umarex Gauntlet .25 and watched Hajimoto videos to learn internals. First mod was replacing "cigar" style baffle with 4 plastic baffles found on eBay for $15. Like MMCM13 said, hushed up the bark. Baffle stack so much better than "cigar", Umarex installed on Gen 2 Gauntlets. Recently tried a BuckRail moderator on the Gauntlet but returned to baffle stack as more effective. Pictures shows all three versions, longest one is screw-in BuckRail. WMView attachment 350772
Thanks for your reply. Did you drill the relief holes in the bottom of the shroud?
The Average has nothing between the end of the barrel and the shroud.

Thanks for your reply. Did you drill the relief holes in the bottom of the shroud?
The Average has nothing between the end of the barrel and the shroud.
No, never got around to drilling those holes and inserting "Mr. Clean" sponge circular cut-out shown in Hajimoto's video. Not that it wouldn't have helped, just realized Gauntlet was too long and heavy to ever be my desired all-day hunter. Next PCP was an FX Wildcat MK3 Sniper .30, much better choice. WM

@Hajimoto ... what are the benefits of this mod?
Hey there!
My system actually adds a functional air stripper into the mix as well as a tuned baffle stack to break up and disrupt any harmonics. If you watch a video I did many years ago when I describe the two major benefits of air strippers and baffles, you come away knowing that I focus more on air stream conditioning than sound mitigation.
While I like sound reduction, it is not my main goal but a pretty acceptable side effect :)
Here is a link to the above mention video I made a few years back. It may help answer some questions associated with the theories at play here.