Anyone Sizing Pellets for the Leshiy

Today I decide to stretch out the Leshiy on my home range to 72 yards. For one thing I was trying to determine what was the maximum distance I could shoot grey squirrels. The other was what pellet type was the most accurate. One thing about the Leshiy barrel that is strange to me is that is has no lead to aid in inserting the pellet straight into the breech. Depending on the pellet head size and lead hardness one can insert the pellet in crooked. That would lead to a pellet being unbalance as it leaves the barrel. I shot one pellet in todays' testing that cork screwed about four inches as it went down range. I would be curious if anyone is sizing pellets for the Leshiy and what is your most accurate pellet in what caliber, speed and at what distance. The video just shows my results for accuracy with six types of pellets. Thanks Bill 

PS I have a Lee sizing die in .22 cal. but the Noe sizing die looks like a good sizing die to try in .25 cal. with different bushing sizes for my Leshiy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7x-0NbsUs&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower

I shoot my .22 out to 80 yards and take pigeons. I even shoot the .177 out to around 65 yards regularly at those pest birds with success. I would think that the .25 with a longer barrel at that would do better. I mean, some a few of the groups seem reasonable but others seem to all over the place. Actually, I have not purchased the .25 barrel simply because I feel that the leshiy is to small a platform for it. I know I could go with the longer barrel but I prefer the compactness of the thing. Ill have to take mine with me when I go out fishing on Saturday and set up some targets. Though I don't have a buddy bottle to carry with me. Something I need one day. As far as pellets. I have been shooting the pollymags with the .177 and .22 and actually have not shot anything else through it yet pellet wise. Personally I feel that the .22 is ideal for the leshiy though I do shoot .177 a good deal when around the house (urban area). So yeah. Ill take mine out with me this Saturday and range out some shoots providing there are not to many other people about fishing in the same area. Some people even see a gun and think badly. Even here in AZ. I will be more then happy to post some results at those distances providing im able to pull it out and shoot it. Also look around a bit on the net. There are a few videos of guys shooting .22 and .25 out a good distance. I think that one of those is at 102 yards. Granted he is shooting at cans or something but still, thats a good distance for that little thing. As far as pellet sizing I have never done it, though always wanted to try it. I just open a can and lube. Sometimes I wash first, but not always. If you have a .22 barrel try that at the same distance ad see whats going on.

I looked up in my notes and found the measurements for my barrel bore. I used a pin gauge to measure the lands at .2460" and the slugged pellet O.D. at .2474" which I believe shows the groove O.D. dimension. That seems to be a very tight bore. I have used my Lee sizing die in .22 cal. to size Eun Jin pellets to shoot in my AF Condor otherwise there was no way they would insert into the breech. And as an result they shot very well. I have shot my .22 cal. barrel some in the Leshiy and will say at the same bar and hammer setting it shoots with much more recoil. That I believe that is because pushing the same volume of air down a smaller bore diameter. I will have to try the .22 cal. barrel at longer distance to see if it does better. Bill

I looked up in my notes and found the measurements for my barrel bore. I used a pin gauge to measure the lands at .2460" and the slugged pellet O.D. at .2474" which I believe shows the groove O.D. dimension. That seems to be a very tight bore. I have used my Lee sizing die in .22 cal. to size Eun Jin pellets to shoot in my AF Condor otherwise there was no way they would insert into the breech. And as an result they shot very well. I have shot my .22 cal. barrel some in the Leshiy and will say at the same bar and hammer setting it shoots with much more recoil. That I believe that is because pushing the same volume of air down a smaller bore diameter. I will have to try the .22 cal. barrel at longer distance to see if it does better. Bill

I am going through all my pellets tested for accuracy and measuring the head sizes and then seeing how easily they seat into the breech. Since as mentioned the larger the head size with no barrel lead the greater the chance to load the pellet in crooked. That certainly would be one aspect that would affect accuracy. I have found that the JSB's in .22 cal. seem to have smaller head sizes and while the .25 cal. are about the same range of other brand pellets the JSB's are made of softer lead, making them easier to load in straight. I will say since I have started testing my .22 cal. barrel it is much easier to load pellets into the breech than the .25 caliber. While in my video at 72 yards the groups are nothing to write home about I do get good groups at 50 yards. I get groups in the range of 1/2" to 1" with my better shooting pellets. Here is a picture two five shot groups with the JSB Kings .25 cal. at 50 yards. That day I was testing pellet head expansion and penetration in to clay at 50 Yards. Anyway I plan to try sizing and see if it reaps any good results. Bill

PS It would still be nice to see some brave individuals post their groups with the Leshiy at 50 yards. You don't see much of that on Youtube.

1539462097_1532221195bc253d1f32535.19620034_20181013_171454.jpg