Anyone shot a 22 Nova Freedom or Seneca Aspen? Feedback wanted please...

Thanks for the input. It's nice to talk to people that actually have good advice! Andrew

Viton and Buna are two of the most commonly used elastomers for sealing applications and for good reason. ... While both Viton and Buna seals both serve as great sealing options at moderate temperatures, Viton is far superior to Bunafor high temperature applications.Nov 10, 2014

I put in the o-rings that came extra with the gun, and what a difference! I also worked on the scope and shroud. I have gone from okay groups with an occasional flyer, to using Sheridan pellets for a target at 35 and 45 yards. I am currently using cast off composite wood flooring with dime size stickers for targets. Two pieces back to back. The Sheridan 20. cal won't go through, but the Nova Freedom blows through no problem. With the Tanto suppressor, all I hear is a loud TWACK. My wife can't hear the rifle in the kitchen, when I'm on the deck right out side. I can hardly wait for the groundhogs to come out to play.

I've been wanting to love my Aspen aka Nova Freedom but up until last night the pump has been a real deal breaker. I finally over lubed the pump last night and it's finally not taking 20 to 30 pumps per shot to get back up to 3K psi. I'm figuring from what I've read that the inner Oring was probably dry and was making it heck to pump and wasn't actually compressing the air like it should. Will try it some more today to see if the pump keeps working. Anybody found a way to get the barrel clamp (?) to hold the barrel firmer? I tried to zero the rifle a couple of days ago and couldn't get the windage and a little of the elevation to zero. Barrel had to be moving because of how hard it was to pump. I had to set the butt of the stock on the seat of my truck and hold the rifle up near where the pump pivots. Needless to say I'm very sore from the workout I got from just shooting around 20 rounds.

Lol, what do you consider "over lubed"?

I put a bunch of drops into the pump. Pumped it then put a bunch more and pumped it. Repeat until the pump started to not only pump but move easier. My arms and back were so sore after that day I had to take 2 EX strength tylenols plus some alieve. and still hurt for days after. It's like someone going dirt bike riding for the first time and hurting real bad after because they're using muscles they don't normally use.

1554416937_11743076005ca685292f7ec6.03753969_9E5A036F-9941-4411-BD05-295AF3B09911.jpeg

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0H2D6-6XjuOD4J-xv5sNjA2hg

General Description: Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM) is a highly fluorinated elastomeric family of compounds that provide the most resistance to chemicals and high temperature than any other elastomer in the market. FFKMs are considered the elastomeric equivalence to PTFE (Teflon) due to its excellent chemical and temperature resistance.

Pump issues.

I really think they come almost bone dry from the factory (at least mine did) and need a lot of lubrication right off the get go. I have no idea if it made any difference, but this is what I did with mine when I first bought it. I put 6 drops in, then pumped 15 times, then added a couple of drops every 10 pump or so up to full pressure. Then as remembered... That seemed to get the oil into all the parts of the pump. As far as where it goes, I've used about 1/8th the bottle and I have no l evidence of oil leaking out anywhere. The lack of evidence of oil leaking indicates to me that the pump was under lubricated at assembly. Or it's confirmation bias. 

Thanks for the post Paul67. I will only use FFKM from here on out.

DesertSilver, I've been wondering, where does all this extra oil end up going? Blown out the barrel, or lurking in the gun somewhere? I liked the dirt bike comment. I am in the middle of restoring my 76 TT-500. It's a monster.

If you think that is a monster you need to try my KTM 550 2 stroke .61 hp at the rear wheel. Lol. I'm totally wooped by the end of just a 20 mile ride. 

Well heck, My Freedom is leaking from the pressure chamber back into the pump tube. If I have it pumped up to around 2600 PSI and let it set for anytime over a half an hour, I fell as if I am going to break the pump arm off trying to open it all the way. Same with closing it.

After a few of these difficult pumps, it returns to normal and pumps up as it should during shooting sessions.

I do keep the pump well lubed with the supplied silicone oil.

Thanks very much, Android

I'll e-mail Donnyfl now that I know the adapter exists.

Curious to learn more about the 800fps limit on the Tanto

Thanks too for the link to Puric's report at Airgun Warriors.

I am now convinced yesterday's order of the Nova Freedom was a good one.

The shroud mod, other than drilling holes in the bushing has me confused a bit

Maybe I'll understand how where the curlers are used when I get hands on with the gun

Have you tried it?

Thanks again

SIlentSquirrel

I shoot JSB Ultra Shocks, 25.39 grains. On high power and the hammer spring turned clockwise one full turn, I approach 40 Fpe, but stay under 800 Fps. UltrA Shock Hollow Points are the only pellet for me. Very accurate and devastating on impact. I believe if you are going to do a lot of shooting over 800 fps, you should go for a different suppressor. Call or e-mail Donny. Very helpful.

Android

I have no burning desire for high fps

Accuracy & impact are the goal.

If the target can get out of the way faster than the 800fps can get there it deserves to live & eat from our home orchad

Silencers are a new twist for us.

I see (assume) now that length & fps go hand in hand

Certainly will e-mail Donnyfl

He just put an adapter in the mail for my CO2 pistol.

Once that Nova Freedom arrives we'll try out those crushers you use, along with the 18.21gr Barracudas I have on the shelf

We will be looking for a good killer pellet; and also a good one for honing the shooting skills without it costing a dime a shot

We (me and Miss 4-11 and a 3/4" ; 98 pounder) are open sight shooters.

Thus the Freedom over the Aspen

SS