Anyone shooting .30 cal Impacts anymore?

Me encanta disparar con .30, pero en mi país Argentina, es muy costoso para estar haciendo plinking con dicho calibre. Lo dejamos exclusivamente para cazar.

"I love shooting with .30, but in my Argentine country, it is very expensive to be doing Plunching with said caliber. We leave it exclusively for hunting"

Sí, eso es prácticamente lo que hago con la compra .30 Pellets está cazando con ellos, pero yo echo a mí mismo para plegar. No sé si quizás podría intentar lanzar algunos en .30 cal. Los moldes / moldes se pagan por sí mismos si disparas mucho.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do with purchased .30 pellets is hunt with them, but I do cast my own for plinking. I don't know if you could maybe try casting some in .30 cal. The molds/moulds do pay for themselves if you shoot a lot.

Me encanta disparar con .30, pero en mi país Argentina, es muy costoso para estar haciendo plinking con dicho calibre. Lo dejamos exclusivamente para cazar.

Yup, they aren't cheap I will be using them sparingly myself. Problem is you have to tune the gun and that requires a bit of shooting to get it just right.

Sí, no son baratos, los usaré con moderación. El problema es que tienes que afinar el arma y eso requiere un poco de disparo para hacerlo bien.

I went with the .30 M3 because I wanted a sure bet 100 yard (ideally more) shooter. The .30 is known to be great with pellets at long distances, so if I can't get slugs to work well, I will still be good. Also, the role this gun fills for me is a 'more power is better/no downside to power'. So far, 1MOA with pellets @100y in light winds has been pretty easy to attain with minimal tuning. Slugs are still TBD, just waiting on NSA to get back up and running.

I think someone in another thread here said something like: "If you can only have two guns - .30 and .22. If you can only have one gun - .25". I can see that. Already wanting a .22 impact to complement the .30 and set up for pellets in a lower power role.

Edit: One more reason - You can still get a tried and true slow twist pellet barrel for the .30, but you can't for the .25. I couldn't find enough feedback about the superior standard barrel with 25 JSB heavies at 100yards to make me comfortable. Ted posted a VERY brief test of different .25 superior barrels and the heavies were not a slam dunk in the superior standard.

25cal 34gr Jsb shoot every well out of superior liner. 
if I do my part moa at 100 is doable.

Good to know! I re-checked the twist rate data and 25 STX was 1:27 and the superior STD is 1:24. Maybe they deemed it was not enough to matter and just consolidated. For the .30 it was 1:40 and 1:26 so bigger gap there. With so many barrel changes over such a short period of time, I'm not trusting anything until I've seen solid airgun community feedback. Especially something like that .25 consolidation where it is claimed to shoot both slugs and pellets equally well.

I went with the .30 M3 because I wanted a sure bet 100 yard (ideally more) shooter. The .30 is known to be great with pellets at long distances, so if I can't get slugs to work well, I will still be good. Also, the role this gun fills for me is a 'more power is better/no downside to power'. So far, 1MOA with pellets @100y in light winds has been pretty easy to attain with minimal tuning. Slugs are still TBD, just waiting on NSA to get back up and running.

I think someone in another thread here said something like: "If you can only have two guns - .30 and .22. If you can only have one gun - .25". I can see that. Already wanting a .22 impact to complement the .30 and set up for pellets in a lower power role.

Edit: One more reason - You can still get a tried and true slow twist pellet barrel for the .30, but you can't for the .25. I couldn't find enough feedback about the superior standard barrel with 25 JSB heavies at 100yards to make me comfortable. Ted posted a VERY brief test of different .25 superior barrels and the heavies were not a slam dunk in the superior standard.

25cal 34gr Jsb shoot every well out of superior liner. 
if I do my part moa at 100 is doable.

Good to know! I re-checked the twist rate data and 25 STX was 1:27 and the superior STD is 1:24. Maybe they deemed it was not enough to matter and just consolidated. For the .30 it was 1:40 and 1:26 so bigger gap there. With so many barrel changes over such a short period of time, I'm not trusting anything until I've seen solid airgun community feedback. Especially something like that .25 consolidation where it is claimed to shoot both slugs and pellets equally well.

This in the reference to the mk1 34gr For some reason the mk2’s really open up at same FPS.

the mk1’s perform really well out of my 500mm slug liner A at 850 FPS. one ragged hole at 40 yards. that’s a 1-19 twist

out of the 700mm superior i bumped the FPS to 885. I’d say…ragged holes at 75y 

I haven’t really tried fast speeds 

Absolutely, I am still on my impact mk2 700mm with the slow twist stx barrel, and still my favorite all-around gun to shoot. I also have a WC mk3 in .30 as my woods walker. I think the pellet drought hit the .30 cal hard, and it was already an expensive caliber to shoot anyways. 

.22 still makes sense and will always have it's place as a well-rounded plinker and small game hunter. If I can't shoot my .30's, then at least I know every Wal-Mart near me has CHP's widely available. 

I would like to be shooting my .30 cal Impact but I am still waiting after near four months for it to arrive. Expect it will be a .25 cal shortly after I get it though cuz I only have 300 .30 pellets and another 400 on the way but I have 14K in .25 pellets and another 5K+ in slugs saved up for it. So, I am waiting impatiently these days.

I too have been waiting roughly 14 weeks since I ordered my M3, I was told last week that it could 4-10 weeks longer. Yeaaaaaa 

That said, I ordered a .25 cal. If you feel you have TOO many .25 slugs and need to sell some PM me =) 

These FX wait times seemed to be getting longer. I don't know if it is high demand or lack of parts or workers. Either way I hope they arrive soon and in good working order.

I am trying to buy another pickup truck after mine was totaled recently from being hit by a drunk driver. The vehicle market is a joke right now. At least the Impacts are hanging on to the same price point. The trucks are jacked up, and don't come with their fancy buttons like they ideally would on top of that.