Anyone Purchase from Top Air Gun (TAG) or High Pressure Pneumatics (HPP)?

Looking at purchasing an FX DRS Classic in .22 with the 600mm barrel. Doing some research on the inter web, I found three sources that have them listed for pre-order. I doubt I will pre-order and plan on waiting until they reach real peoples hands to see what the true reviews are, but was just curious about pricing. For this comparison, I chose the synthetic stock, .22 with the 600mm barrel because UA only lists the Synthetic stock, so to make it apples to apples, that's what I chose.

Utah Air's price after shipping and Route Package Protection (which is automatically added with no option to remove it) is: $1043.59

My High Pressure Pneumatics's price after shipping and (optional Route Package Protection) is: $1048.52

Top Air Gun's price with free shipping and (optional) Signature Required is: $1002.95

I know UA is a reputable dealer and now the US face for FX, but just curious if anyone has ordered a higher end airgun from either of the other two vendors and what your experience with them was like? Any red flags or things we need to know? Thanks...

High Pressure Pneumatics is just down the road from me, so I purchase and visit regularly. Tom and his crew will stand behind anything they sell. They are honest, will tell you the truth (not just what they think you want to hear) and service their products. Sometimes their price is a few dollars higher, but keep in mind the work they do behind the scenes that you may not be aware of. They leak test and chrony every gun they sell. If they sell a product I am seeking, I will look no further.

Thanks all! Glad to hear both are respected vendors with good reputations! I had not heard of HPP until I did a search on the FX DRS Classic and it popped up. They website looks well thought out and pretty robust, so that was a positive.

I had no idea Top Airgun and Air Tanks For Sale were the same company. When I was researching Top Airgun, the contact page says the Owner/CEO is Dirt E. Harry! When I e-mailed about options and availability, the response I received was signed Dirt E. Harry. That seemed somewhat cheesy and suspect to me! Not sure why Joe Brancato, or anyone for that matter, would use a cheesy pseudonym like Dirt E. Harry instead of their real name in the contact section of their website! It certainly made me hesitant to place an order...

Reactions: Spartan
Give Joe a call on the phone. Ask a few questions... Then Call Utah Air, ask the same questions. When you get off the phone, ask yourself who you want to deal with WHEN you have an issue.
LOL! I will probably give all three a call before I place an order and make my decision from there. The actual price wasn't all that different. Thanks...

Reactions: Ricochet
no more money to Joe,,, I had a BAD experience with him,,, and his personality, over a Zbroia sapsan 1st edition not the 'S' model
Not an another dime will I give him
Same here, he was sort of rude on the phone with kind of a know-it-all attitude.

Bought a .25 Vulcan from him and when I received it the fill whip was missing.

Phoned him about it and he says "Ah, you don't need that thing"

Yes, Joe, I DO need it because it's supposed to come with the gun and I payed for it.

Never did receive the whip.

Anyway... Good luck!

Last edited:
Just FYI, Top Air Guns and Top Gun Airguns are different companies. Topgunairguns is Joe Brancato.
Okay, so now I'm confused. Is this Joe Bancato's website?

And, is Dirt E. Harry actually Joe Brancato?

These website names are way too close, it starts to get quite confusing!

Okay, so now I'm confused. Is this Joe Bancato's website?

And, is Dirt E. Harry actually Joe Brancato?

These website names are way too close, it starts to get quite confusing!
Different addresses. Both in California. Is it Joe? Who knows. Call and see.