Anyone own a slayer

I have been waiting since June for a .357 Slayer. I was promised my gun would ship by the end of August - still don't have it. I only have a month until I cannot file a claim through PayPal so I started the process this morning via a complaint. I really prefer to get what I already paid for in full versus a refund. However, I am not willing to wait more than six months. I have a used Slayer I bought a couple months ago and it is a fine rifle for sure. I went the used route when it started to become apparent my new one would not arrive in time for deer season. Had I known the wait would be longer than AAA's website advertised (4 - 12 weeks was listed when I ordered, its up to 6 months now), I never would have placed the order. Some people don't mind the wait but unfortunately I am not one of those people.

Today Tom sent me an email saying that he had sent me a check and included a tracking number.

Also, I had my "Adding to the Stable: .357 Slayer" thread moved by the GTA Administrator to the 'Non-Productive Post Gate' section and locked.....

OBVIOUSLY, OVER ON Gateway to Airguns, THEY CAN'T STAND THE TRUTH!

I found out what happened when I tried to post (because of fairness) that Tom was going to reimburse me and now I can't.

F'em if they can't take a joke. I'd contributed quite a bit of money to GTA over the last years for "the community" (not buying raffle tickets, real contributions) but I see that's over.

Oh so let me get this straight you love your slayer you Ordered a second one, Knowing that these rifles are completely hand built by one person. So you decide to order another one. So why wouldn’t ask for a refund Six months ago before bashing someone’s company all over the Internet? Your patient enough to wait almost a whole year you speak to Tom a week ago (have a great conversation with him According to you) now you’re on another forum complaining they moved your non-productive post. Glad you got your money back, But to be honest after ripping into AAA sending out PMs telling people they should get together and start a war against AAA because you’re upset that you had to wait a longer than what you expected, there was no need to stir up the pot we’re all grown man here I’m sure people that order them have no problem waiting hell I have a knife on order for two years and I have no problem with that! I have a 452 on order for over a year and I could care less if I have to wait another six months, All I know is it is a hell of a machine as you know. As far as paying for the gun upfront and having to wait that was your decision you didn’t have to do that Could’ve picked up Texan they are extremely uncomfortable long and not even close to what the slayer is for half the price. And let’s just get something straight Tom Costin it’s not going anywhere so stop spreading rumors or speculating just because you had away. He’s re-structuring this company as you know as he explain to you.BTW I have no affiliation with Tom Carson or his company spoken to him a few times just like yourself when I placed an order on the 452 and I also own a 357 which I Enjoy very much, as far as big for a lot of people say they want one but nobody wants to cough up that kind of money for one a slayer should be actually worth a lot more than $2500 or $2800 whatever the going for right now. From what I understand I don’t think he’s going to be building anymore slayers for a while until he gets his evols orders with Airguns of Arizona. Good for him I can’t wait to get my hands on an eval as a matter fact I’m gonna call up your guns of Arizona and place my order I don’t care if I need to wait

Oh so let me get this straight you love your slayer you Ordered a second one, Knowing that these rifles are completely hand built by one person. So you decide to order another one. So why wouldn’t ask for a refund Six months ago before bashing someone’s company all over the Internet? Your patient enough to wait almost a whole year you speak to Tom a week ago (have a great conversation with him According to you) now you’re on another forum complaining they moved your non-productive post. Glad you got your money back, But to be honest after ripping into AAA sending out PMs telling people they should get together and start a war against AAA because you’re upset that you had to wait a longer than what you expected, there was no need to stir up the pot we’re all grown man here I’m sure people that order them have no problem waiting hell I have a knife on order for two years and I have no problem with that! I have a 452 on order for over a year and I could care less if I have to wait another six months, All I know is it is a hell of a machine as you know. As far as paying for the gun upfront and having to wait that was your decision you didn’t have to do that Could’ve picked up Texan they are extremely uncomfortable long and not even close to what the slayer is for half the price. And let’s just get something straight Tom Costin it’s not going anywhere so stop spreading rumors or speculating just because you had away. He’s re-structuring this company as you know as he explain to you.BTW I have no affiliation with Tom Carson or his company spoken to him a few times just like yourself when I placed an order on the 452 and I also own a 357 which I Enjoy very much, as far as big for a lot of people say they want one but nobody wants to cough up that kind of money for one a slayer should be actually worth a lot more than $2500 or $2800 whatever the going for right now. From what I understand I don’t think he’s going to be building anymore slayers for a while until he gets his evols orders with Airguns of Arizona. Good for him I can’t wait to get my hands on an eval as a matter fact I’m gonna call up your guns of Arizona and place my order I don’t care if I need to wait

OK, that's you. But I ordered with the understanding FROM THE WEBSITE that they would be produced in 12 weeks or less. Not to be some indefinite date in the future.

Second, when I contacted AAA / Tom to check, the FIRST time, it was late in the fourth month. I understand things can slip so I was understanding of his explanations for the delay. He said he had everything to make the rifle but was waiting on one final trigger part AND THAT WHEN IT CAME IN IN A WEEK OR SO HE'D BE GETTING MY RIFLE OUT TO ME A WEEK OR SO AFTER THAT.

I waited another month and checked and was given another promise that my rifle would be shipping in a week.

The next month I sent another question email and Tom said that there's been a problem with the last shipment of barrels he'd got being too short BUT HE'D GOTTEN THEM IN AND HE'D BE SHIPPING MY RIFLE IN A WEEK OR SO!

GET THE PICTURE?!?!?!?

I have congestive heart failure and was only given three years to live two years ago so buying the Slayer was a BUCKET LIST ITEM that I wanted to use for my last season of hunting. And FYI - I just bought the used Slayer three months ago when the opportunity came up and because I was. beginning to get tired if the promises and excuses.

So each month for SEVEN MONTHS I was told it was shipping soon and I just got tired of it. The week before EBR he sent an email and said my rifle was finished but he'd wait to ship it after he got back.........crickets.............

As I've said before, the last straw was the phone call (after waiting weeks after EBR) where Tom told me he was shipping out nine rifles, mine was one of them and he'd be sending out tracking numbers the next day..... And I never got a tracking number AND after enough days that a package would have made it I decided to tell him to just send the rifle untuned, I could do that myself, sent an email saying that.

I felt confident I could handle any tuning, especially since once I got the used one and resealed it and had to learn to tune it. Funny that, I've now resealed AND TUNED three other guys rifles/Slayers and had them shipped back to each of them in less than a week - only charging for the $5 in o-rings used (and one burst disc assembly) 

If the rifle Tom claimed existed existed, why did he not send it? I would have kept waiting A LOT LONGER EXCEPT FOR THE PROMISES THAT KEPT TURNING OUT TO BE FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, last year was my last hunting, I'm now far enough along I will not be able to do it this year. But I still target practice and still wanted the new Slayer but I'd just been given the run-around too long to spend more of the time I've got left dealing with the frustration and phony promises that got me all stressed out.

Now, I will conclude and finish my participation in all this and say that:

I report honestly that I DID get a check for the full amount from AAA in the mail today. 

Yes I totally get that, but like I said,after The advertise time I Would’ve ask for my money back. I am very sorry about your health condition if I had known that I would’ve sent you my slayer for you to use as I have offered to other friends there waiting for their‘s. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to use mine as I would like.If you’re ever in the New Jersey New York area for some sort of doctors appointment regarding your Health condition,there’s always a home and hot cooked meal at my home. 

Let's be realistic...as I see many of us are not kids..and is ok been in my 40s aloud me to give my self some toys..but in this days we are living that also means you could be dead tomorrow..I dont have 6 months to wait for something I don't need .is something I want...and I wanted now...as I said 2 months is enough..or I buy something else that I could have next week. 

To each there own. I don’t agree with manufactures telling people there’s a certain amount of weight time and they’re not delivering, But the come on a forum and bash a company because you don’t want to wait for a product because you’re old is childish( even though you’re claiming you’re old). I wish I was in AAA shoes having so many orders that I can’t keep up with them. I’m glad AAW put a hold on slayers and is not dealing with the public anymore. What I understand he’s only Making EVOL from now on as they are much easier to build. And you have to purchase through your guns of Arizona. I’m sure Tom Costin will survive without your purchase. 

I'm a business owner...if I know I can't meet a deadline I simply dont take the work..i dont take deposit for work that I know I can't deliver on .time...when nielsen is full of orders he shot down the page so you could not make a order..so he doesn't take our money to send us the slugs when he is available to ship...and that is for maybe a $100 order..in my case..when he is up to date he opens again the page..that is what a responsible business men do..now imagine $1,500 deposit, and only hering promises...I'm glad if they put a hold on the orders that what they should have done long time ago..if I'm the only one building them and It takes me 2 months each, i cant take deposit for 20 pcp today that they are all supposed to be ready in 6 months ..to many unhappy big children..

Yes! Received my FEDEX tracking number for my Slayer exactly 9 months to the day ordered. Hopefully will be here by Tuesday so I can try it out on the range Wednesday. Will have to clean up the Texan SS and Winchester to sell.

This is awesome! Is it the .452? Be sure to share pictures, long range accuracy, and other notes with the rest of us still waiting in line. Now that they are shipping maybe there will be less negative trolling about AAA by folks without order's waiting to be filled; this sets a bad tone and adds fuel to a fire where there probably shouldn't be one.

Yes! Received my FEDEX tracking number for my Slayer exactly 9 months to the day ordered. Hopefully will be here by Tuesday so I can try it out on the range Wednesday. Will have to clean up the Texan SS and Winchester to sell.

This is awesome! Is it the .452? Be sure to share pictures, long range accuracy, and other notes with the rest of us still waiting in line. Now that they are shipping maybe there will be less negative trolling about AAA by folks without order's waiting to be filled; this sets a bad tone and adds fuel to a fire where there probably shouldn't be one.

Ordered the .357. Wanted the .452 but the lead time listed in February was 3-4 months and didn't want to wait that long... 

Tom has been telling me for a few months that my rifle (308 paid for in Nov 2018) has been leak tested and will be tuned and shipped in the next day or so, and that the 452 is undergoing design improvements and will ship in a month or so. I’m not sure what he has to gain by doing this. I’ve requested a full refund, as I have no interest in continuing these games. Maybe some of the people who know him personally and have vouched for him on the forums can shed some light on what is really going on.

Did your tracking number turn out to be real? 

Tom has been telling me for a few months that my rifle (308 paid for in Nov 2018) has been leak tested and will be tuned and shipped in the next day or so, and that the 452 is undergoing design improvements and will ship in a month or so. I’m not sure what he has to gain by doing this. I’ve requested a full refund, as I have no interest in continuing these games. Maybe some of the people who know him personally and have vouched for him on the forums can shed some light on what is really going on.

Did your tracking number turn out to be real?

Yes FedEx received it Friday, a week after I was given the tracking number. It is supposed to deliver next Friday according to tracking information. I made it a point to file a PayPal complaint before 6 months had passed though (deadline for filing with PayPal).