Anyone order one of the Arken LH series ?

Not sure about ordering something first run that isn’t available. However, these look great on paper for the money. Arken’s website says 4-6 week lead however I’m pretty sure it said that same thing several weeks ago so who knows how long it will actually take. Just curious if anyone has pre ordered one and what your initial thoughts are about these two models?

If you like smaller dials, fine, I've got two Arkens both are good, the Japanese glass is a touch better. You'd have a hard time going wrong with them but that's just my opinion. Even the smaller turrets are ok, my Japanese glass one has the covered windage, not a deal breaker. The center dot is TINY, which make for much more precise aim BUT harder to see of course. I've got two Elements sitting on a shelf, one Helix and one Titan.

Reactions: Trucker3573
If you like smaller dials, fine, I've got two Arkens both are good, the Japanese glass is a touch better. You'd have a hard time going wrong with them but that's just my opinion. Even the smaller turrets are ok, my Japanese glass one has the covered windage, not a deal breaker. The center dot is TINY, which make for much more precise aim BUT harder to see of course. I've got two Elements sitting on a shelf, one Helix and one Titan.
Thanks man. I may give them a try. I’m just on the fence about ffp. I have never owned one and they seem like they would be fine on the bench using higher magnification but what about closer shots on small game where you need the scope zoomed out? Seems the reticle would be tough to pick up. At least the arkens are illuminated. Stuck between going this route, athlon Heras ( pretty thin reticle for sfp not illuminated) or sfp helix 6-24 power.

Thanks man. I may give them a try. I’m just on the fence about ffp. I have never owned one and they seem like they would be fine on the bench using higher magnification but what about closer shots on small game where you need the scope zoomed out? Seems the reticle would be tough to pick up. At least the arkens are illuminated. Stuck between going this route, athlon Heras ( pretty thin reticle for sfp not illuminated) or sfp helix 6-24 power.
Well, I got a squirrel at 10 yards with one at 5ish X, yes the reticle is small, but then the critter is pretty big at that distance so. Of course you have to do a hold, so some guessing is required. If you want a Helix, I can make you a great deal on one. PM me if interested.

Reactions: Trucker3573
I was looking at those units the other day. Judging by the price point, I'm guessing the glass is probably not as the same quality of the EPL scopes. I've bought two of the EPL directly from Arken, so I have some reward points coming(I'm in the market for a 3rd Arken product)
I wish they would come out with a SFP scope
I wish they'd engrave Up/Down Left/Right on their turrets for us dyslectic folks.

Arken doesn’t designate which way to turn turrets for either elevation or windage ??
Not that I've seen, I'm sure there is a key to it but, being old and dense I actually have to....GASP.... use my brain. Ok, they do have, on the windage . L & R by the numbers, and UP at zero on the elevation, for some reason it's doesn't compute in my last remaining quasi functional brain cell. Maybe I should take up knitting, nah, too complicated.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchibi
Not that I've seen, I'm sure there is a key to it but, being old and dense I actually have to....GASP.... use my brain. Ok, they do have, on the windage . L & R by the numbers, and UP at zero on the elevation, for some reason it's doesn't compute in my last remaining quasi functional brain cell. Maybe I should take up knitting, nah, too complicated.
I’m with you. I want to look at the turret and see an arrow that tells me which way is up. Lol.

Here ya go. Its simple if you zero your scope so you can see the arrow which way to turn, both for elevation and windage

IMG_9488.jpeg

IMG_9487.jpeg

IMG_9489.jpeg