Anyone on here shooting an air rifle in .223

Just curious. If so, how is that working out for you? What's your platform, and what's the length and twist of the barrel. How much power are you making, and how's your long range accuracy. I saw that AVS slugs swages slugs in .223. I was curious if anyone owned a rifle that's shooting .223, or if anyone has bought these and they're just running them through a resizing die to get them down to .222 or .2215? 

Hmm. I like this thread but a .223/5.56 round for Airguns is splitting hairs above the .22 and below the .25. I think it is mostly an attempt to shoot the most popular round in traditional firearms second to the .22 rim fire. But that .223/5.56 was originally developed by NATO as a minimum lethality round to replace existing cartridges that had too high of a lethality (if you get shot by say a 30-06 in the leg there is a good chance your leg is either dangling off or mush in the middle). That being said I don’t understand other than the ability to say “you did it” why someone would put this on a PCP. The best ballistics usually run between .26-.27 on long distance/flat trajectory/maximum foot pounds down range, so I think it would be cooler to see someone mimic a 6.5mm Creedmore bore size for a slug or something along those lines. 

nah let’s just do .223 :)

Hmm. I like this thread but a .223/5.56 round for Airguns is splitting hairs above the .22 and below the .25. I think it is mostly an attempt to shoot the most popular round in traditional firearms second to the .22 rim fire. But that .223/5.56 was originally developed by NATO as a minimum lethality round to replace existing cartridges that had too high of a lethality (if you get shot by say a 30-06 in the leg there is a good chance your leg is either dangling off or mush in the middle). That being said I don’t understand other than the ability to say “you did it” why someone would put this on a PCP. The best ballistics usually run between .26-.27 on long distance/flat trajectory/maximum foot pounds down range, so I think it would be cooler to see someone mimic a 6.5mm Creedmore bore size for a slug or something along those lines. 

nah let’s just do .223 :)

I must say I disagree with you on splitting hairs. 224 generally is far superior ballistic wise compared to standard 22 and 25 cal airguns. Bc numbers double of any slug you can shoot from those. It all comes down to barrels with enough high twist rates to stabilize longer bullets. I agree with you that sweet point on airguns is somewhere between 6.5mm to 8 mm and there is 257texan available that have proven to be superior on long range shots with airguns. 224 on otherhand has it advantages. You can drive really high bc bullet to 1000fps with 3000psi with relatively short barrel with really low air consumption. Aint all airguns more or less "you did it" things? Also! I must say you can really quiet 224cal airgun with 100fpe to sound like fart eventho its capable of carrying energy superior to any standard 22LR ammo if we meassure energy 100meters and furter. 257 and bigger becomes more tricky to tame desible wise. 

The whole reason I brought this up was because AVS slugs offers swagged slugs .223 caliber. I know that the groove diameter of the 22 caliber LW barrels is .221. I also know that to achieve ideal efficiency when it comes to air consumption, you want the slug to seal the grooves, not just to engage the lands. So I'm thinking the .223 slugs could be run through a sizing die to get them to .222 or .2215. But if you have a .223 air rifle, then they will be a perfect fit.

Mercado, if you're finishing up your AF Condor in .223, you should buy a sample pack of the AVS slugs in .223 and see how they perform. I'm REALLY interested to see what that .223 Condor can do. 

I could do that but his slugs is to light for my build..with 30" of barrel and the Doug valve I know that even 45g will be to light..only 3 of my bullet molds start al 45g the other 8 are from 54g to 62g ...his slug is more suited for the huben...n he only sale at Ebay...I cant purchase bullet from Ebay they dont ship bullets to PR...so many slugs to try that I can't buy...but if you buy it I could pay you for them and the shipping to try them. I think that lowering the external pressure reg I could shoot them..ironically I could purchase all the bullet molds I need..n lead bars to..but no slugs 😒

I could do that but his slugs is to light for my build..with 30" of barrel and the Doug valve I know that even 45g will be to light..only 3 of my bullet molds start al 45g the other 8 are from 54g to 62g ...his slug is more suited for the huben...n he only sale at Ebay...I cant purchase bullet from Ebay they dont ship bullets to PR...so many slugs to try that I can't buy...but if you buy it I could pay you for them and the shipping to try them. I think that lowering the external pressure reg I could shoot them..ironically I could purchase all the bullet molds I need..n lead bars to..but no slugs 😒

So you're regulating your Condor? I'm a huge supporter of regulators on the AF platform. Obviously it's more difficult to regulate the big bores, but the lower caliber rifles can be regulated with after market (in line) regs. Did you have one custom made, or are you using one purchased online from one of the several aftermarket manufacturers? 

My Condor is regulated, and it has transformed the gun.