Anyone offer .177 slug sample packs?

I have a 600mm .177 barrel arriving today for my FX Crown and would like to set it up for shooting rats at 50 yards. I have searched the internet and it doesn't appear there are any U.S. based vendors that are currently offering .177 slug samplers. I'd really like to try a variety of weights and types to determine the best performer before investing in 400 - 500 count tins only to find out they won't work for me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just order NSA 12.5 grain slugs and done. It shoots out of FX 177 barrels very well and no need to go heavier. Even NSA 15 and 20 grain slugs offers very marginal bc/performance gain. JSB KO slugs in 13.5 grain has lower BC/performance than the NSA 12.5 grain.

Basically just use NSA 12.5 grain slugs and call it a day, very accurate, pre-lubed and inexpensive, nothing I tried comes close to the NSA 12.5 grain slugs. It's the only 177 slugs I shoot, tried almost everything else on the market.

I get it, but my thought was that as a starting point, an FX barrel is an FX barrel, be it an STX, a Heavy liner, etc.. Either a slug likes it or it doesn't. Let us know what you find, I have a nostalgic thing about .177 cals!
No, I agree, its just the adjustments on the Impact are different than those on the Crown and for me it would be easier to duplicate what he does if we were both using the same airgun. I have started watching his videos and there is a lot of good information in them. Thank you for pointing out his videos.

Reactions: FelixS
Just order NSA 12.5 grain slugs and done. It shoots out of FX 177 barrels very well and no need to go heavier. Even NSA 15 and 20 grain slugs offers very marginal bc/performance gain. JSB KO slugs in 13.5 grain has lower BC/performance than the NSA 12.5 grain.

Basically just use NSA 12.5 grain slugs and call it a day, very accurate, pre-lubed and inexpensive, nothing I tried comes close to the NSA 12.5 grain slugs. It's the only 177 slugs I shoot, tried almost everything else on the market.
Thank you! I will give them a try and see how they work!

Well, I ordered some 12.5 grain NSA slugs from NSA and some 13 grain ZAN slugs from AoA this morning. I've already received an e-mail from AoA saying their inventory was wrong and those slugs were not in stock! So, now I'm down to trying the 12.5 grain NSA slugs! I have heard good things about them, even though they don't have a very good rating on PA. I guess I'll wait and see how they work for me...

I'm really wanting to stay around the 12-13 grain range. For what I'm shooting, that's more than enough, especially if I'm using slugs. I found some BC on Hardair Magazine, but they don't have everything, especially for .177 slugs. They only have Daystate Howlers (way too expensive for my taste), JSB Knock-outs and Field Target Tech, which I have never heard of before...