Anyone offer .177 slug sample packs?

I have a 600mm .177 barrel arriving today for my FX Crown and would like to set it up for shooting rats at 50 yards. I have searched the internet and it doesn't appear there are any U.S. based vendors that are currently offering .177 slug samplers. I'd really like to try a variety of weights and types to determine the best performer before investing in 400 - 500 count tins only to find out they won't work for me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Str8tshooter

https://www.pellet-guns.com/products/nielsen-slugs-177-sample-pack

G0d bless America.

Somewhere I read a guy emailed there support or sales and they would put together a sampler on request ... Give that a try ..

I did find that, unfortunately, shipping is more than the cost of the pellets. I'm really not sure why those are available in South Africa and not direct from Neilsen here in the US! I have e-mailed both Neilsen and Griffin asking if they offer sample packs in .177. I'm hoping they will.
I crashed and I edited above .

Contact like nelison or zan or whoever and request a sampler .. I read they may put together a pack to buy ..

Thank you. As mentioned above, I have e-mailed Neilsen and Griffin, did so yesterday, so hopefully I'll hear back this week. I don't want to oder from overseas due to the riduclesly high shipping cost, so I'm looking specifically for a US Vendor who may have some. I have checked the websites of all the usual suspects, but none seem to offer a sample pack, just full tins or boxes. I only need about 25-30 of each weight for testing, so I'm not wanting to buy a full tin/box of 100+ only to find out I'm stuck with 90+ slugs, per tin/box that don't shoot well from my rifle. Oncce I find something that works well, then I'll go for the bulk order!

Tryed these guys ? There kinda new I guess but may be looking to sell

Paul, I was talking to the guys @ TopAirguns/AirTanksforSale and they were thinking about making packs for that, might want to call them and ask for Ricky, tell him I let you know about it. They were thinking about NSA because NSA makes so many different diameters for each cal and weights.
Thank you Randall! I'll give tem a call tomorrrow and see if they have a timeline for when they will offer them. I did receive the barrel today and thus far the 13.43g JSB Knock-out slugs are working great! One ragged hole at 35 yards, I just need to setup a target out by the feed station so I can zero it at 50 yards!

Reactions: Ranchibi
Thank you Randall! I'll give tem a call tomorrrow and see if they have a timeline for when they will offer them. I did receive the barrel today and thus far the 13.43g JSB Knock-out slugs are working great! One ragged hole at 35 yards, I just need to setup a target out by the feed station so I can zero it at 50 yards!
LOL Paul.....once you find a slug that fits and shoots accurately you're GOLDEN! If you want to venture into other brands then diameter is known 👍....you might just need to try 3 different diameters as manufacturers are not all the same. I have a slug gauge (made by Pelletgage) and NSA are spot on for diameter.

I have to do some more tweaking with these JSB Knock-out slugs, but if they work, I may not need to look any further. They are producing 20 FPE, which should be more than enough to dispatch a rat!
Count yourself lucky, many have a very tough time finding a slug that shoots accurately from their gun 👍.

Last edited:
Thanks Felix. I looked at his channel, he has a lot of videos to review on various .177 slugs. I just wish he had a Crown and was doing some testing with it instead of the Impact!
I get it, but my thought was that as a starting point, an FX barrel is an FX barrel, be it an STX, a Heavy liner, etc.. Either a slug likes it or it doesn't. Let us know what you find, I have a nostalgic thing about .177 cals!