• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone know if AAFTA still gives 2% wiggle room on maximum muzzle energies?

Still waiting :LOL:
all in fun my friend ...

Out shoot you even in the best conditions will take a miracle aka complete melt down from hell on your part! Others not as experienced shooters is a different story! 😜

This is me beating Scott in FT!
1675473884734.jpeg

Last edited:
You are not really “allowed” to tune to plus 2%. You just won’t get DQd if the chronograph used to test at a match reads a little high (up to 2%). I have several chronographs. I have seen variance of about 4% when comparing those that read high with those that read low. My FX chronograph allows a +/- 2% adjustment in its calibration app. AAFTA’s 2% allowance will likely eliminate most DQs from an overly optimistic match chronograph. So tuning to 20fpe is fine. But if someone wants to build in 2% extra velocity because they think it’s allowed, then they run the risk of getting an illegal reading from half of the chronographs out there. Sure you get three tries to pass, so you will likely squeak through most of the time, but it will catch up to you eventually.

You are not really “allowed” to tune to plus 2%. You just won’t get DQd if the chronograph used to test at a match reads a little high (up to 2%). I have several chronographs. I have seen variance of about 4% when comparing those that read high with those that read low. My FX chronograph allows a +/- 2% adjustment in its calibration app. AAFTA’s 2% allowance will likely eliminate most DQs from an overly optimistic match chronograph. So tuning to 20fpe is fine. But if someone wants to build in 2% extra velocity because they think it’s allowed, then they run the risk of getting an illegal reading from half of the chronographs out there. Sure you get three tries to pass, so you will likely squeak through most of the time, but it will catch up to you eventually.
But everyone knows that shooting 16 FPS faster increases accuracy eight times! It's simple Math! And you know what else starts with an M? That's right. 'Murica!

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Under AAFTA 2% is given for FPS on the chrony. This includes WFTF *under/in* AAFTA

In WFTF there is Zero. Ask me how I know. LOL

On the bright side, Benchrest only gives 0.5% FPS

In some countries you can get arrested for going 0.1 FPS over.

Getting DQd is never fun. Especially in a big match. Never create a situation that puts yourself in that situation. You don’t want to be that person that has to force a director to be in that situation and DQ you. If you ride the edge your time will come. I promise you there are never happy moments when that happens.
There are occasions that no matter what you do to prevent it, things may creep up on you. Trust me, give yourself a wide margin.
Sometimes even a 20 fps window may still get you.

Garrett