• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone know how to refinish minor scratches and bluing on guns?

There's a pen that looks like a Sharpie they sell in some of the big box gun stores that I've used for touchups on some of my old powder burners. The prep is the key for that to work well. You need to consider how much it will affect the value of the gun, though, if it's a gun you are planning to sell as a classic, it may actually be detrimental to the value. If you are trying to just repair a cosmetic spot on a personal gun, it works great.
Look in the gun refinishing section, near the gun bluing stuff. I can't remember the brand, but, it's the only one that I have seen, comes on a hanging card that's blue.
I did a full bluing on a 1858 Remington with that brand, and you could place it next to an original and visually couldn't find any difference between them as I tried to match the finish using the same brand. I think that it's Birchwood Casey, 99% sure.

Doc