Anyone know anything about this Chinese air rifle?

I figured it's either really crappy or the age might make a difference

image.jpg

There must have been millions of those imported back in the day. They were an all wood and metal under lever that retailed for $20-$30 back in the day. A pretty good deal at that price. There used to be informal contests on the airgun forums back then to see who could do the most outrageous rebuilds on them.

If I remember right, you’ll get about 600 fps out of the box in .177 and the triggers are simply a one piece sear that catches the piston when cocked. Accuracy was hit or miss depending on the gun, but you’ll never get

IDK, this guy seems to think they are worth a lot!

IDK, this guy seems to think they are worth a lot!

Makes me wish I hadn't destroyed mine several years after buying it at a semi trailer traveling tool sale for $18.50.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Industry brand B3 and know as a Cummings due to the Cummings Truck tool sale, $19.00.
Also a Sebring convertible battery removal tool, and, keeps on ticking. Well worth the price for the adjustable dovetail rear sight (t least back when.
in 2000 still had a leather seal and a few people sold modern replacement seals.
This one was apart for a seal replacement when the misses needed it.
Which inspired me to put it back together and play with it some more
B3Cummings 011 (2021_05_10 08_17_41 UTC).jpg

B3Cummings 004 (2021_05_10 08_17_41 UTC).jpg
B3Cummings 018 (2021_05_10 08_17_41 UTC).jpg

And after tinkering some more,
Cummingsb3.jpg

A 1/2 minute of can shooter (as far as you can throw an empty can)

Personally would be another IF still $19.00. I did know a machinist (BigEd) who with 20 minutes work got his shooting 1/2" at 25 yards & high 600fps numbers.
WE had ours in TN 20 years ago and as far as I know it is still in use. Not a bad little rig, perhaps not worth $1,000 (hahaha) but a fun little rig.

John

"Thirty years ago, this air rifle was available for sale in sports goods stores in China, priced at 30 Chinese yuan, which was less than 4 US dollars. With a .177 caliber, it was a good choice as an entry-level air rifle. At that time, I saw many older kids playing with this rifle. However, now China has defined air rifles as illegal. Friends who remember this rifle are probably around 40 years old by now."