• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone install a regulator in a Umarex Origin ?

My .22 Origin is two years old and still going strong. Just bought a Origin in .25 . Less than three years from purchase Umarex will fix problems under warranty you pay shipping to and from Arkansas. I am thinking that when I do have a problem(hopefully after three years) I will remove the "everpressure" system and install a regulator if possible. I know there are many warnings of "if you disassemble this you will DIE ! " Lawyer stuff I reckon. What say you ?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Facebook has an Origin group where maybe someone has installed a reg. I know there are people who have removed the EPS from their guns.
Well that knocks me out. I had a Facebook page about ten years ago, clicked a link to a news video on a friends page and downloaded a virus that ruined a computer, closed my account and have not looked back. Thanks though.

Reactions: jmohme
I don't do Freakbook either. I didn't get a virus, I just didn't like some of their self serving practices.

Now, back on the subject of regulating the origin,
The EPS system, while not a regulator, does, if operating properly, have a similar effect at delivering a pretty consistent shot string. But it is not adjustable, if that is what you are trying to achieve.

I have an origin, and like it for what it is, but would not waste my time trying to fit a regulator to it. I think you will end up spending so much time and money to make it work almost as well as gun that came out of the box with a regulator. There are so many good and affordable choices now.

When I wanted to move beyond the limits of the Origins design, I started shopping for a good regulated gun. I might have gone a little overboard with what I chose, but do not regret my decision. What I got deforms better than a modified Origin ever could.

It is still nice to pull out the old Origin from time to time just to do a little 50 yard target work or just shooting tin cans. Still a great gun for a little cash they ask form them.

I too love the Origin for what it is. I am very happy my tunes on each. .22 for shot count and .25 for light varminting. My big thing is keeping them going down the road. If I can reseal them when needed and have the ever pressure system working that would be my 1st goal.

7A815070-7DB5-4371-8479-E4B008A64099.jpeg

I agree with not trying to put a regulator in the Origin. I have read you're better off buying a gun that comes regulated. It's designed to work with the regulator.

There was a guy on FB , KID PELLET, that I think figured out how to service the EPS system and restore its operation. Try Google and you might find his info.

I stopped going to the Origin FB site awhile back also.

I wish I could change the title of this post, what I wrote is not what I really meant. While inevitably resealing if I had to I would either install a reg or just remove the ever pressure piston but my preference would be to reseal it as designed.
At one time, I thought about taking mine down and seeing if I could improve the Ever Presure system to make it operate more smoothly and eliminate the ping that inevitably happens on a trigger pull creating a spike in pressure and often a flyer that goes way high. If I ever did that I would also add a foster fitting to the end so that I could experiment with different pressures on the EPT side.

Instead, I just left well enough alone. It's a good gun as it is.
Maybe if it ever fails on me, I might make a spare time project out of it.

Hi guys, 1st post here, and from a PCP newbie, having owned an Origin since early last summer. Mainly got it because I had some small pest problems, the kind of pests that chew their way into your attic. I started with a Ruger/Umarex Imoact Max Elite with supplied scope, which would have been just fine for solving the problem except for it's super heavy trigger making it very hard to make an accurate shot, particularly a head shot. After a few weeks of struggling with that(still got 6 of them anyway), one day at Academy Sports I saw the Origin with pump and went for it. It wasn't long before the number cancelled in the back yard was up to 20, and rarely see any in the neighborhood now.

Still, I went down the rabbit hole of a new hobby, and got to longing for a regulated air rifle, either an Avenger or something more expensive and higher quality. I came real close to getting something on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. But I hesitated again. And today, I joined another club when my cheap, Chinese chronograph arrived. Once I got home, I tried to figure out the directions and rushed out to give it a try as the sun was setting. I already had between 2900 and 3000 PSI in the Origin, and felt like I did not have time to fill it up to 3600, so I just went with the 2900 and zero hammer spring turns(min power). 32 shots down to 1900 PSI, where I quit. (I often run out of air rapidly below 1900 or so, but I may have got more if I had not quit since I was never at zero turns before) I was pretty pleasantly surprised, even though I suspected that mine was shooting pretty hot with 2 or 3 turns in, based on amount of drop and rise calculating with the Chair Gun app. Still, I did not expect this at zero turns: 1st shot with 14.3 gr. CPHP 776 FPS( 19.1 FPE), 2nd shot with 15.89 Hades 767(20.7 FPE), both plenty for small pests or game under 30 yd. Not bad for minimum power IMO.

My plan was to shoot a few shots and then adjust the power upwards to see what happens. But when the 3rd shot (back to CPHP 14.3 gr) jumped to 814, I decided I better keep going and see what the shot string at zero turns would look like. 4th shot "jumped" again to 825 FPS. Then the velocity continued a very slow increase until I stopped at 1900 PSI/32 shots. Very often, shot to shot was identical speed or only 2 or 3 FPS difference. Discarding the 1st 3 shots, starting at about 2800 PSI, until I quit at 1900 PSI and another 29 shots, the entire string had an extreme spread(ES) of 41 FPS. So that doesn’t seem too great compared to a regulated gun, but it is not too horrible AND if breaking up into groups of fewer shots, it gets much better.
1: From shot 5 thru 12, from 832 fps low to 844 H, a spread of 12. (about 2800 to 2500PSI) Not bad!
2: shot 13 thru 20, 849L-858H, ES 9. Getting better! (about 2500 down to 2300 PSI)
3: 17- 31( about 2400PSI to 1900 ) …. 14 shots with an ES of 11. Better still!
4: shot 21-31(L862- H866), 10 shots with an Extreme Spread of 4! FOUR!

That seems pretty darn good to me. I just watched a review of an out of the box Avenger with an ES of 11 out of the box, on the first 10 shots. So I’m thinking that rather than a regulator always giving a more consistent velocity, the main advantage of a regulated gun is simply more shots with a consistent velocity. IOW, I have some 10 shot or even 14 shots groups here with an ES of 11 or even FOUR FPS! I have seen a lot of tests on regulated guns that did not beat those ES figures one bit. But, what the regulated guns DO have is the small ES over MORE shots, a lot more. But for my purposes, I’m not sure I really NEED that many more shots. It would be nice of course, but if I can get 14 shots with an ES of 11, or 10 with an ES of FOUR, I can always just shoot at those PSI and the fill back up. 50 shots with a small ES would be better, sure, but I can do what I need to do with 14 or even 10.

Oh, BTW, how about that energy? With the gun set to minimum power- and with just a 14.3 gr. pellet, even counting the 1st 2 shots. 19 to 24 FPE! Not bad!