Anyone hunting or pesting with aea products?

I possess an AEA 357 with a long stock and have effectively shot woodchucks at a distance of 144 yards, securing a clean pass-through with a 130gr round nose bullet. Over the three years I've owned it, I've only needed to replace one O-ring. Additionally, I've begun hunting coyotes and raccoons, which I can take down from over 100 yards. I prefer using bolt or lever action rifles.

Who wants to go hunt with something that is prone to failure?

Just saying...
That's not accurate; they're not all prone to failure. In fact, FX and Hatsan are often worse. As PCPs become more complex in their construction, and with prices starting at $2,000, you're likely to see more failures compared to my 357 big bore, which has a simpler design.

IS anoyone hunting or pesting with AEA products? I see alot of complaints and see a few good reviews. But dont see any pesting or hunting with aea guns.
I did for a while a few years back, I hsd an AEA Assasin in .25, it was decent out to 45yds when the mag wouldn't break for no reason, or when the rifle would actually cycle the rounds.

@Cheplicki uses AEA products all the time to hunt big game

AEA guns can be great guns ..
I couldn't agree with you more.

IMG_20240316_110513841.jpg

i have got a few the needed a little work but most the time its something easy.. i would stay away from simi auto.
I will agree with this, the one of my better reliable airguns was a .25 AEA challenger, it was like the varmint, but with a bit less power. I took over a 1000 iguanas with it, but that really was an exception. Most have been duds, problematic and unsafe for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: N2 Shooter
I possess an AEA 357 with a long stock and have effectively shot woodchucks at a distance of 144 yards, securing a clean pass-through with a 130gr round nose bullet. Over the three years I've owned it, I've only needed to replace one O-ring. Additionally, I've begun hunting coyotes and raccoons, which I can take down from over 100 yards. I prefer using bolt or lever action rifles.
Oh just 1 o ring...... SMH