• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone Hunt Squirrel With A .35?

I think Everyone should really try the low neck/high shoulder shot, you'll be impressed how devastating it is.

We are not confined to brain or heart/lung shots only,....in small critters the low neck/high shoulder shot has been the most efficient I've found, never lose a critter.
You're spot on!

The high shoulder shot is my go to shot for almost everything!

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
It's not as bad as you may think. I used my Benjamin Bulldog. 357cal and eliminated two squirrels out of season as pest. I don't eat city critters, so I didn't bother to clean them, but it's not like I shot them with a .223 or anything.

That High shoulder hit is fantastic

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I’ve hunted them with a .50 cal plenty, doesn’t matter what you use just as long as it’s accurate enough to headshot so you don’t ruin the meat 👍
IMG_2492.jpeg

Reactions: jawshunting
There's very little to no hydrostatic shock from airguns unlike firearms. A .35 caliber hole isn't a lot bigger than a .25 hole. I shot a squirrel a few weeks ago with my .45 and other than a bigger than normal hole there wasn't any 'bloodshot' meat. Same with turkeys. Yes, it will do more damage but not so significant that it makes every squirrel a 'gravy or nothing' event.