Anyone here from or near Palm Bay Florida? ( I think I got scammed)

You folks are forgetting the mail issue. Plus crossing state lines. You take as little as 450$ fraudulently through the mail, not only is it a felony, but a federal crime. Seems to me you have all the evidence you need. Not only did he have to show id & sign, but all post offices are monitored. It’s all there to go civil or criminal. But those plane tickets will add up for court appearances.

Dan,

The price was low enough to make me wonder but the bad English and sentence structure was a give away, enough that it had me searching. Too bad really. I wanted the deal. Before I found this thread I called my bank to ask about how to pay in a way that's safe and refundable if the item dosent come. I guess my gut knew. I haven't accually felt that much distrust on Armslist before.

Who on this thread got burned for what?

I'm glad your following up with law enforcement. Scum bags like this deserve what they get. 

How much are they asking for the rifle.

They wrote me about the pistol I inquired about....

"Hello I can get it to you for $15 through the post office flat rate with tracking and insurance payment would be by postal money order let me know and I'll gladly for my details and we can conclude the sale and get your Ruger on the way to you. This model is stainless steel"

Postal money order. Probly hard to cancel or reverse. Or try impossible. My bank said their money order could be contested and reversed. Also this guygdoesn't even use punctuation. 

So I wrote this to call them on their bluff....

"I accually have a family member in Florida who offered to pick it up and bring you cash. This is better for me. Where and when can i send them to meet you for the item?"

I'm interested to see what they write back.

I'm kinda confused though, because he's not advertising it to ship. These kinds of sales are usually in person. It was my hope and request for them to ship since they weren't advertising it and I heard you usually you can convince people to ship black powder devices.

Never the less. Scam dodged.

theres an ad in the classifieds that has me thinking its a scam also, from viperjoe selling a fx wildcat warcat .25 but i could be wrong.

And exactly why would you say this about a forum member here? I dont know "viperjoe" but glancing at his post ;looks legit. You likely contacted the mods of this forum regarding this right? You contacted viperjoe with your concerns?

a OT I reckon

John

That was a nice warcat, VP. If I hadn’t already found and committed to a buy from Rangur1 for his 25 WC I would have considered yours. But, I already met a guy at an Airgun show this past year who gave me his card, that does custom paint designs on stocks, actions, and scopes, so soon I, too, will have a warcat looking gun, in a 700mm barrel.

Glad you got it sold. The new owner will be liking that Warcat for sure. 

Back on the subject matter on scams, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say with the holidays coming up there may be more of these scams to watch out for. Just like our community mailbox we have here, the kind that’s got like 40 lock boxes in one large box that holds mail for all of us in the neighborhood. If not every year at least every other year, some chump ties a chain around it and yangs it off it’s concrete anchors with his truck to try and steal the mail. Just lately in our neighborhood ap I’m getting messages from folks of stolen ups deliveries and mailboxes being broken into.