Anyone here from or near Palm Bay Florida? ( I think I got scammed)

I hope this is not against the rules . I sent a guy 450.00 for a airgun and after the postal money order was delivered I haven't heard a word from him. It's only been a week but I think if he was on the up and up I would have at least got a email or text saying he got the money order( I sent it certified mail so I know it was signed for I can't get any info from the post office about if it has been cashed or not. In Florida anything over 300.00 is grand theft 3rd degree which is a felony. I don't want to get the guy in big trouble but I either want my money or gun. If worst comes to worst I can fly to Florida from Ohio for 82.00 round trip

Thanks 

Dan Kleinman

He was not a member here . I know a week hasn't been that long but it's been a week since he signed for the letter that had the payment in it . With a postal money order there is no wait time . You walk into a post office and they give you the cash. My main concern is that he texted called or emailed me several times a day until I sent him the pics of the money order on its way . Now he won't answer or return my phone calls emails or texts. That seems very suspicious to me . But maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks 

Dan 

Ok why would you send money order to someone you dont know? They can cash it and that's it. Theres nothing you can do but wait if he will send it. Even if you fly there, what do you plan to do? Beat him up? Lol. It's never a good thing to fight someone over a little money. Not worth it. You can call the cop but really. What are they gonna do? Nothing. Next time, send a check. That way you can file with your bank to refund it. Or used pay pal. Even paypal have a money back guarantee. Never send money order. Smh. Maybe it's your fault? Well just hope he send it. That's all you can do. 

Ok why would you send money order to someone you dont know? They can cash it and that's it. Theres nothing you can do but wait if he will send it. Even if you fly there, what do you plan to do? Beat him up? Lol. It's never a good thing to fight someone over a little money. Not worth it. You can call the cop but really. What are they gonna do? Nothing. Next time, send a check. That way you can file with your bank to refund it. Or used pay pal. Even paypal have a money back guarantee. Never send money order. Smh. Maybe it's your fault? Well just hope he send it. That's all you can do.

Seriously? No, even if he made a mistake by sending a money order, the theft is not his fault. Seriously. 

Here is the POC you need to be talking with...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Palm+Bay+Florida+Sheriff+Department+Contact

and being as it is Brevard County ... Don't hold out a lot of hope. That county is run by flakes.

Do you hate your stepson?

I normally do not criticize at the level I'm going to here but you might just get him injured or killed if he goes knocking on some bad actors door and asking questions.

What could go wrong, hmmmmm?

Since you paid the worst way possible, you need to wait till the money order is cashed (you DID keep the receipt and stub, right?) and after two weeks of no delivery, report and file theft charges. You will not ever get your gun or money back but maybe someday that guy might run afoul of the law and they will add it to his charges. For such a small amount they are not going to go arrest him, just put out a warrant that will catch up with him..... eventually.

And eventually, you will look back on this as a learning experience. (Hopefully you learned not to be so trusting)

His name is not on the list I checked before I sent the money just like I went online and checked to see if he had any other bad reviews on any other site .

I guess I should have went with my gut feeling 😔

But I thought that a postal money order would be pretty safe since you have to show your id to get it cashed . And that they had to sign for the package guess I am pretty nieve but I have delt with lots of people online. And never got screwed. I will post his name and email as long as it's not against the rules 

Thanks 

Dan 

Money order does require ID to cash it. But it's a prepaid. Meaning you already paid for it. He can cash it and walk away and you will never see it. Your receipt the post office gives you means nothing once he cashed it, you can not cancel or get your money back. Never send money order. Money order is used to pay bills or send money to friends and family. Not to strangers. And why are you asking if anyone living close to go find this guy and return your money. Or even ask your step bro. We dont even know if this guy is a killer or something bad. Asking folks to go find this dude is a bad idea. Knock on his door, he comes out with a shotgun, you're dead over $450. Even if anyone live close. No one is dumb enough to risk their life for $450. 

If the guy is not a member here I am wondering where the transaction started. Was this a Craigslist posting or some other site? Would be good knowledge to know where to watch out for the bad eggs. 

In regards to methods of payment, I will only use PayPal to pay for things. And I definitely prefer the purchase option to be used. If you send money via PayPal using friends and family it is no better than send a money order. You have zero recourse with PayPal using gift option - if you complain they will inform you that you have violated their Terms of Service by using the gift option to pay for goods. If you use the Goods and Services purchase option PayPal takes their fees but you get their protection as both buyer and seller - and they tend to support the buyer better. 

About 6 weeks ago a member Charles j 1950 had an ad on AGN for an Airforce condor with leaks for $150.00. I emailed him then noticed he only been a member 2 days. He wanted me to send him a money order for $175.00 to include shipping. I told him since he was a newbie I would only do PayPal. Never heard anything else from him. His address is in Palm Bay FL. I think he is a scammer. The name on his address was Joachin Charles

About 6 weeks ago a member Charles j 1950 had an ad on AGN for an Airforce condor with leaks for $150.00. I emailed him then noticed he only been a member 2 days. He wanted me to send him a money order for $175.00 to include shipping. I told him since he was a newbie I would only do PayPal. Never heard anything else from him. His address is in Palm Bay FL. I think he is a scammer. The name on his address was Joachin Charles

i think i asked him for pics and never heard from him! i think this is why i havent bought anyting from the classifieds althou been tempted