• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone heard of Pneuwa Cattleman Airguns?

Ok Guy's, the issue is stainless to stainless galling. Remove the stainless hammer guide rod, (the HS adjustment), Take it to the hardware store and select a bolt, hardened preferably, and a bit longer. Your are looking for one with a short threaded section, long smooth shank, any head type as the head end will be cut off. 

Measure it to match your HS adjustment rod, notice the smaller end and match it's dia, and length. . Do this with a fine in a drill press, lathe or the hard way. GRRRRR!

Cut a slot in the end of the threaded section in order to adjust it, and use finer and finer abrasive paper to smoot the shank and finally 1200 or finer long ways to let it slide freely.

This will stop the galling. Put a drop of oil or wax on it and shoot 100 or so shots. Now remove it, clean it well and polish with flitz, simi chrome, mothers or any or other fine metal polish.

Finished!😉

Don't forget a heavier spring if you wish, but let it break in well first. 😎

Knife

I was just informed by Cattleman that the hammer guide rod with be upgraded and the steel is ordered to do this. Any customers that want the upgraded part simply email them. 

It is one of several upgrades that I have suggested in testing that will be upgraded. 

The hammer guide rod/adjuster looks like this. 

DSC02745.1615785986.JPG

Knife

I'm getting ready to buy my first PCP in a couple days, this brand name came up in the last week in another forum, ended up calling them today to sniff them out.

I googled them, their company is operated out of their house, they said they had to close their shop due to COVID and move it to their home.

They stated they actually own the factory in Turkey, and that a few parts are made in the US like the barrel band.

I asked them why they didn't just make the rifles here, at which point the conversation degraded quickly and that's all I'll say about that.

I then read some more posts etc, and found the exact same rifle sold under two brand names, and they all appear to be made by rhe same company and everyone else is rubber stamping their brand.

I like the rifle's looks to be sure (M1) and if the specs are accurate, 1100fps, it would certainly be up there with established brands, on the other hand, it's marketing appears to depend on social media and I can't find any serious reviews of it outside of the usual low ranked youtube pimps that got them for free or cheap and the company has been around long enough to even establish any kind of reputation in the industry as far as I can tell, $500-$600 is a lot of coin for me, I'd feel better if I could at least get my hands on one and try it out before I buy it

It is not simply re branded. Changes have been given to the platform. Miss Victoria does the paper work in her home. Many do. Her Husband is
Turkish, and runs the factory. completely unto and to themselves. They bought the rights from other companies that made the platform and wish to improve it. Her father is involved as well. They started the company for no other reason that they love airgun. Good enough reason for me. Nice to see someone interested in the sport rather than simply the money And exact why she contacted me for advice on improvements. That Is to be commended, not ridiculed. Or at least such asperations are commendable in my book. 

She has been genuinely interested in improving the produce. No harm in that. the choice of the wrong material for the hammer guide rod was the biggest issue. Many make the same mistake. Many believe SS is a superior material. There are man types. However, most are unaware that SS agains SS galls. 

I have seem manu airgunner talk about Daystates SS barrels. They are not. Simply un-blued L/W standard steel. So if the airgunning world who buys high dollar guns do not know the difference, how can one expect a new company to know all the ends and outs of metallurgy. No doubt there are experts that know pretty much everything. I hear from them often. Most often it is an opinion or an emotional reason for their comments. Not actual knowledge.

I am sure may of you here have seen this day in and day out. No reason to expect other to be out right experts in a new field. 

For what it is worth, I was mistaken thinking it was a copy of a Kral which is a copy of an Evanix action. After ja bit o freserch, IK leaned that it is a clone of the highly respected Ataman M2 Carbine from Russia. . Unlike The Evanix system, i uses an actual drop sear rather than the rather archaic snag sear. Which Evanix has refused to bring in to the modern world. Additionally,it incorporates a true tensioned barrel system. Very-Very few offer this and those that do are high end AG's. AAA and JSAR along with a few custom makers are all I can think of at the moment.

Ior one are for giving them a chance. The guns have a few innovations that are only found on higher end guns. Another such feature is the Mono Block construction. Not many do it this way, and those that do are expensive. Yes, there are bugs to work out, but thy are simple and are being addressed.

Other than the issues being addressed, I would like to be able to buy straight from a company rather than paying the rather large mark up a dealer has to charge in order to pay the rent,, power and water, insurance and a lot more before any profit is made. Arken Optics are doing this very thing right now and customers love it. sounds like a solid business plan for a beginning to me.

I do know before I had to retire, I refused to sell to dealers. Collectors bought my work and many spiculated on them and sold them for far more than I charged. The became so outlandishly expensive, I in no way could afford to buy one of my own knives today. GRRRRRRR!!! Knives I sold for hundreds routinely bring thousands today. Unreal!😲

Knife

Operate out of their home, claim to actually own the factory in Turkey, they use Wounded Warrior donations as a marketing ploy and if you read the fine print, they're money back guarantee states you don;t get the Wounded Warrior "donation" back. My first question is, anyone know anyone at Wounded Warrior to verify they've donated anything at all? So far they seem no different than any other company that imported a container of rifles with their name on them and use the standard gimmick marketing.

And you still can't find a single legitimate reseller that carries them.

Operate out of their home, claim to actually own the factory in Turkey, they use Wounded Warrior donations as a marketing ploy and if you read the fine print, they're money back guarantee states you don;t get the Wounded Warrior "donation" back. My first question is, anyone know anyone at Wounded Warrior to verify they've donated anything at all? So far they seem no different than any other company that imported a container of rifles with their name on them and use the standard gimmick marketing.

And you still can't find a single legitimate reseller that carries them.

Actually if its legit and they are dirrect selling them to customers its only profit for both sides.. No exta cost for neather one.. Retailer is only one middle step that is usually even taking the biggest slice of the cake. 

IAMTHEAMERICAN

HELLO and welcome to AGN. I see that you just joined and I bet your happy about your new purchase. Especially if you got it for a good deal.. In regards to Cattleman, and their line of guns, it has potential, especially if they listened to knifes recommendation and are implementing it. However, at their current price and quality of airgun, their competitors make a great product like Benjamin. There is no comparison when comparing say, Benjamin Akela vs Cattleman M1. 

I have two brand new Akelas, they're garbage actually and Crosman admitted they have become aware of "issues" with them, on one it keeps blowing breach seals, and the other one, the magazine jammed and broke the spring loaded ball that holds them. And so all I have from crosman is excuses and promises with no action.

Cattleman is a new company importing a turkish rifle operating out of a house in a middle class neighborhood, people are smart to be weary, you could end up with an orphan air rifle or worse as happens quite a bit, you order your rifle, they go bankrupt and you're on the bottom of the creditor list. I don't care how nice the lady seems, she came off to me as a phony used car salesman.