• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone have the hatsan/av compressor?

To anyone who has the hatsan or air venturi compressor. Does the stainless steel coil tubing vibrate really bad? On my hatsan when it gets to about 3000 psi it vibrates really bad you can hear metal hitting on metal sound. Looks like it's gonna blow up or something. Is this normal? Also my compressor I think there's a leak somewhere. It fills to 74cf tank to 3000 psi and stop climbing. I shut it off and can hear a low hissing sound. But I can not find it. I used soapy water to spray all the connections but it just dip down and hard to know where it's coming from. But the sound seem to be coming from the high pressure head. I'm thinking it shaking so bad something came loose. But I try tighten all bolts and nuts and none would budge, like that are all on tight..doesn't seem loose. Only got it today, was expecting to filling my tank. But right now it's sitting at 3000 psi only. I'm thinking for exchanging it or sending back for repair. Do they cover shipping or do I have to pay? It's like 90-100 pounds..I'm sure shipping gonna be high..dang it

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x1HY9NQx1Hs

Nice to know you're not having the same issue. Then mine must be defective. It start out smooth and vibrate like crazy when the pressure gets high. And I check all hex bolts on the cylinder head and all fitting, nuts and bolts. They are all tight. So it's not like anything is loose, but vibrate like crazy. I could hear metal banging from next room. The thing weights a ton..gonna suck taking it to FedEx store. I hope they do cover shipping. I'll call them tomorrow.

I agree with gunny .. ask for a refund or new unit. One piece of information is missing. Have you tried to run it more than once? Reason for asking is because sometimes these units require a short break in period for the HP rings to seat properly. I speak from first hand experience. I had one that had to be run 3 times before it exceeded 3k. After about 3 15 minute tries it jumped right up to 4700 in no time flat. I wasn't expecting that. Has run fine since.

As far as the problem it concerned it is most likely the HP valve that is screwed into the top of the HP head. It is either sticking or there is some crud/fine dirt or the seat is scored and not able to seal after hitting 3000. Been there and had to use an air impact wrench to break that nut loose. Once apart it was easy to fix, just clean it out, put in a new valve assembly and then put some anti seize on the threads when reinstalling.

Try to get your exchange or refund first. Good luck

Yes I tried more than one. I put about 3 hours on the compressor trying to get my 74ft bottle to 4500 psi then give up. It always vibrate hard, right on the high pressure cylinder head all the way to the coil tube. I tried a putting a stopper in the line, it gets to 4495 psi and shuts off. Then I can hear a hissing sound and psi begin to drop. The reason I can't fill the bottle past 3000, I'm thinking there is a leak somewhere. But I can't find it. I tried tighten all the connections. It still does the same thing. Try bottle with soapy water. Can't find the leak. I don't wanna take it apart and try to fix it and void warranty. I just got the compressor today from hatsan USA.

Shynyknight- put some leak solution on the end of the fill whip, where it connects to the tank. Mine was leaking at the fitting that’s pressed onto the hose. Hatsan replaced that for me. I, too heard a hissing noise. 

As far as vibration, you’re going to get some, but not like crazy vibrating. Check on the rubber isonaltion that the entire compressor is mounted to, against the frame. Are those bolts tight? 

Lastly, check each and every fitting for tightness when it is warm, not cold. You will see that you’ll be able to further tighten them up, like by 1/8” of a turn. So, run the compressor for like 10 minutes, then turn it off, tighten all the fittings. Purge the air. Turn it on again and build up to 3000 psi with a plug on the fill whip. Make sure your auto purge is off. Turn it off. It now has pressure, go around again with the leak test solution and check for bubbles, and watch your digital gage to see if it’s holding pressure.

by chance did you go thru the new compressor pre start up steps? You would have caught that leak way before trying to fill your tank. 

Shynyknight- put some leak solution on the end of the fill whip, where it connects to the tank. Mine was leaking at the fitting that’s pressed onto the hose. Hatsan replaced that for me. I, too heard a hissing noise. 

As far as vibration, you’re going to get some, but not like crazy vibrating. Check on the rubber isonaltion that the entire compressor is mounted to, against the frame. Are those bolts tight? 

Lastly, check each and every fitting for tightness when it is warm, not cold. You will see that you’ll be able to further tighten them up, like by 1/8” of a turn. So, run the compressor for like 10 minutes, then turn it off, tighten all the fittings. Purge the air. Turn it on again and build up to 3000 psi with a plug on the fill whip. Make sure your auto purge is off. Turn it off. It now has pressure, go around again with the leak test solution and check for bubbles, and watch your digital gage to see if it’s holding pressure.

by chance did you go thru the new compressor pre start up steps? You would have caught that leak way before trying to fill your tank.

I don't think its leaking in the hose/lines. The compressor has a one way valve, so when it drop pressure, the pressure in the lines does not drop. I set the auto shut off to 3000 psi. When it hit 3000 psi it shut off. The air escaping somewhere in the compressor. The guage on on compressor starts to drop. It takes about 10-15 sec drop from 3000 to around 400 psi. I have a guage in my fill line, and a gauge on the tank. With tank still open, both gauge still read 3000 psi. While guage on compressor is like 400 psi. Hissing stop when pressure on guage drop low to 400. It's leaking someone inside the compressor but really hard to tell where. I did try turning on for few mins, then shut off and tight all fitting. But they are all really right. I don't wanna force and strip or break anything. As for your question about break in and start up in the manual. I did read the manual first and I run the compressor with bleed valve open for 20 mins. Then I plug the line and tighten the bleed valve. It builds up to 4495 and stop. I listened and watch the guage. It says at 4495. No leaks when I first started it up. I only have this proplem after I connect to my cf 74ft tank. It can't even fill my tank, for $1339, we shouldn't have to fix it to get it working. 

I don’t understand, so during the break in period you had it up to 4495 psi, and it showed no leaks. Then as soon as you connected it onto your tank you hear a leak, and it won’t fill the tank past 3000 psi, am I accurate with how you explained it? Mine makes that hissing noise, and I went thru all fittings, also. But I noticed it would not fill my tank past 4200 psi. It kept auto purging then stopping. The final straw was while filling the tank I went around with my leak check solution(I don’t use soap and water. I bought a true leak detection fluid from Home Depot’s plumbing dept. it is not as runny, so it stays on the joint longer) and that’s when I saw it leaking at the fill whip.

so, what happens if you put the dead head fitting back on the fill whip, then bring the pressure back up to 4495 again, then stopping the compressor. In other words, repeat the test procedure at first start up. Curious to see if it leaks then.

also, wipe that leak test fluid on the actual hard air lines, to see if you’ve got a slight crack somewhere, maybe from the shaking.

I don’t understand, so during the break in period you had it up to 4495 psi, and it showed no leaks. Then as soon as you connected it onto your tank you hear a leak, and it won’t fill the tank past 3000 psi, am I accurate with how you explained it? Mine makes that hissing noise, and I went thru all fittings, also. But I noticed it would not fill my tank past 4200 psi. It kept auto purging then stopping. The final straw was while filling the tank I went around with my leak check solution(I don’t use soap and water. I bought a true leak detection fluid from Home Depot’s plumbing dept. it is not as runny, so it stays on the joint longer) and that’s when I saw it leaking at the fill whip.

so, what happens if you put the dead head fitting back on the fill whip, then bring the pressure back up to 4495 again, then stopping the compressor. In other words, repeat the test procedure at first start up. Curious to see if it leaks then.

also, wipe that leak test fluid on the actual hard air lines, to see if you’ve got a slight crack somewhere, maybe from the shaking.

Ok. So I just got the compressor today. I use iso 100 30w compressor oil. And 50/50 coolant. I did the start up. Everything works fine. Test with plug. No leaks. I filled my Marauder pistol to 3000 psi. It auto stop, no leaks. I bleed it. And then fill my impact to 250 bar. It stop at the set pressure. No leaks. During both test no hard shaking. Normal vibration only. During both fill temp only hit max 150 F. I let cool off for 30 minutes. They I plug into my 74cf tank. I fill my tank. After 30 minutes, the pressure is at around 2000 psi. Temp is about 172. Then I keep it running. After an hour it was around 3000 psi. Temp was about 182. That's when I notice it shaking really bad on the cylinder head. I give it another 30 mins to see if pressure will go up. Pressure never build past 3000 psi on my tank. Temp was getting up to 185/186. So I shut it off and let it cool. I tested with plug to see if any leaks. With the plug in the end on the fill line the pressure can get up to 4500psi. When it auto shut off. It making hissing sound and pressure on guage drops fast. But pressure on line is still at 4500 psi. From what I know, these compressor have a one way valve so when it auto purge it doesn't degas the air in the tank. No matter what I try the pressure in the compressor will always drop now. And it still shake really hard when pressure gets high. Im thinking of getting it exchange. But the thing is hella heavy to ship back.

SK, I have a AirVenturi and really like it. Granted, I've had a couple of repairable issues but with the help of the AV technician everything is good now. Actually it was a good learning experience. Now that the warranty has run out I wouln't have any issue doing the repairs myself. They even covered the expense of shipping from NM to OH and back on the second seaming bad problem but when I got it back it was still not performing. This is when I did the high pressure side tear down and repair (with the guidance). Mine sounds great and runs very smooth, no shaking or vibration. Mine will fill a 75cuft tank from 3100/3200 to 4500 in 15min. You might call them and see if the tech can talk you through some trouble shooting. If that doesn't work ask them for a return shipping label very politely.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Jking

SK, I have a AirVenturi and really like it. Granted, I've had a couple of repairable issues but with the help of the AV technician everything is good now. Actually it was a good learning experience. Now that the warranty has run out I wouln't have any issue doing the repairs myself. They even covered the expense of shipping from NM to OH and back on the second seaming bad problem but when I got it back it was still not performing. This is when I did the high pressure side tear down and repair (with the guidance). Mine sounds great and runs very smooth, no shaking or vibration. Mine will fill a 75cuft tank from 3100/3200 to 4500 in 15min. You might call them and see if the tech can talk you through some trouble shooting. If that doesn't work ask them for a return shipping label very politely.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Jking

I went on hatsan site and they had me fill in a return form. I sent one in telling what I'm experiencing. Anyhow doesn't it void warranty if you try to open it up and mess around with it? I have no experience with hpa compressor. Not even the 125 psi compressor. I wanted to strip the compressor heads apart and see if anything is broken or jamming the Piston, but don't wanna void the warranty when I just got it new. I was gonna go with av compressor. But the hatsan have digital program, degree in F, auto purge, so I don't have to manually ipen ever 10 or so min. The auto purge works nicely, but really loud when it purge. Makes you jump if you are not ready for it going off. I guess we'll see what hatsan says. 

Ok update. I look at the oil and it was really dark. I didn't change the oil yesterday cause in the manual it says first oil change after 20 hours, then every 100 hours. I have a vibrating meter on it and it says 2.3 hours. They say change oil after first 20 hours but how did my oil get so dark in only 2 hours? So I went ahead and change the oil. Turn it on and try filling my tank. It went from 3000 psi to 4495 psi in about 20 mins. Yesterday it wasnt even going past 3000 psi and shake so badly. This time, very little vibration in the cylinder head, but not enough to shake the coil tubings. It barely move. Yesterday, the coil tubing was shaking so badly I thought it gonna break off. If you watch yesterday video and compare to one I will link below you can see a huge difference. i cant believe a oil change make a huge difference. No more bad shaking but still leaking somewhere and I cant find it .damnit. kinda bothers me that a new compressor that cost $1339 is leaking after only 2 hours. When I got it and tested. No leaks at all. Pressure stay the same till I bleed it off. Idk if it's even worth shipping it back to fix the leaking. I cant fix it cause its not like I can just tighten some nuts. It's coming from the cylinder head I believe. Anyone know a different type of oil I should use? I was thinking switching to Royal purple since I hear people having good luck with it in their Yong Heng. Currently using mag1 air compressor oil, iso 100 30w non detergent.

1551379717_15855358795c782d059b7ec0.57937173_IMG_20190228_114052.jpg

Oil on left, after 2.3 hours. Oil on right, new pour right from the gallon bottle.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oXkHuAa0RBs

The fill time is a little slow but the air leak would explain that.

that oil looked really bad, I used royal purple in my av and it still looks new at 7 hours run time.

if you want to try to find the air leak, use a spray bottle with water and dish soap maybe 10% dish soap?

i would still recommend exchanging it for a new one if they will cover shipping, that’s a lot of money to spend on a compressor that’s not working at 100%

The fill time is a little slow but the air leak would explain that.

that oil looked really bad, I used royal purple in my av and it still looks new at 7 hours run time.

if you want to try to find the air leak, use a spray bottle with water and dish soap maybe 10% dish soap?

i would still recommend exchanging it for a new one if they will cover shipping, that’s a lot of money to spend on a compressor that’s not working at 100%

Yeah I am thinking of getting it exchange or fix. I already send on my request for return for service. Just waiting on hatsan to reply back. If you watch the 2nd video, there is definitely a leak. Can hear it hissing, when it auto shut off and pressure dropping. I used Dawn soup with water, spray on the connections but can't find exactly where it's coming from. I will be ordering some royal purple 100 oil and will use that from now on.

You know, I’m curious about something. Every thing meant to hold air pressure will always bleed off some air, over time, and it’s the “not to exceed” that we’re all concerned about. If you pressurize that compressor to say 3600 psi with a dead head plug, , turn off the compressor, unplug it, and walk away, how long would it take to leak down?

Check back in half hour increments, or even just check after it sat overnight. Curious to know as to how much air it’s losing to a leak.

if you do try this, let me know the results.

You know, I’m curious about something. Every thing meant to hold air pressure will always bleed off some air, over time, and it’s the “not to exceed” that we’re all concerned about. If you pressurize that compressor to say 3600 psi with a dead head plug, , turn off the compressor, unplug it, and walk away, how long would it take to leak down?

Check back in half hour increments, or even just check after it sat overnight. Curious to know as to how much air it’s losing to a leak.

if you do try this, let me know the results.

I recorded this. Skip to 1:32. That's when it hits 4495 psi and shut off. I know with these compressor it will leak air over time. In the manual it says it's normal to lose 10bar per hour. In my case I'm losing air every few seconds. Can also hear air hissing from it. But I tighten all fittings and they are all tight. Any tighter and I will strip them. When I first did leak test. It holds pressure at 4495 psi for couple minutes. I listened and no sound. So I bleed it. This happen after I try filling my big 74cf tank and the cylinder head was shaking really bad. Now it won't hold air. I think something, o ring or seal is broken..might be easy fix but if I take it apart but it void the warranty and I might not even be able to fix it. So that's why I haven't open it up. 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oXkHuAa0RBs

Received mine last week, but I didn't fire up till Tuesday. I did put the purple stuff in it. After break in and 30mins of run time black. Replaced tonight with fresh. Still filling great. I got worried at 126 degrees. I've not seen temps like that yet.

I felt the vibration was bad, but I have it on a steel tool cart. The gold filter is shaking really bad. But nothing like your coils. Wow.

It holds pressure and the pressure gauge is spot on with tank and gun I'm filling.

Tomorrow night I'm going to try my large tank.

Dave

Update from hatsan. They just email me back with an fedex shipping label. Thank God I don't have to pay to ship it..it's really heavy. I've ship item that weight half what the hatsan weigh and FedEx/ups charges 100-120 for shipping. Trying to ship this compressor will probably be $150-200. Already paid $1339, wouldn't want to pay more to get it fix. Now I have to carry this heavy thing to FedEx. Not gonna be fun. Weight on box says 109 pounds. Dang