• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone Have Favorite Settings for .177 FX Impact MKII ?

I recently acquired an FX Impact MKII Compact in .22 caliber. This setup is a good, all around caliber for within the confines of my somewhat generous, suburban property.

I always knew I would buy two additional caliber change kits. The .25 for when I stay on daughter's Idaho ranch and .177 for when I want to be extremely stealthy (silent discharge, lower target impact noise, reduced projectile travel) while plinking and dispatching mice and other pests in my semi-rural/ suburban, So. Cal. home.

My question is do any of you shoot a .177 Impact MKII... and if so what are your favorite parameters?

• Pellet choice?
  • Regulator setting?
  • Hammer spring setting?
  • Valve stop setting?
  • Approximate fps?
  • Accuracy results?

Thanks! My hope is someone will have a favorite that I can use as my starting point when shifting over to .177.

20200827_185620.1600261882.jpg

You can not "copy" settings from other owners. The gauges are not accurate enough to know exact what your regpressure is, or what theire is. You basically has to try your own settings.

You also do not necessary have to change the regpressure on the gun when you switch barrel, as using hammer wheel, and valve adjuster still can give nice ES when shooting .177. But if you do not plan to swap calibers back and forth, it is probably a good idea to start testing with lower regpressure, than your .22 setting.

Leave your reg alone, .177 require higher pressure to overcome the extra friction of the air squeezing through the smaller transfer port and pellet being pushed up the barrel, so although the pellet is lighter and will have less energy than the .22 it will require similar settings.

You don’t need heavy pellets at 950fps to dispatch mice , plink or shoot paper, I recommend 8.4grain jsb @ 800fps, still more than enough power for small game including squirrels and rabbits. Accuracy will be at a maximum, noise and air consumption at a minimum.

Bb

Sub 12 .177 impacts have a very low reg pressure (around 50bar) 

I have a full powered impact with .177 barrel and tuned it down to that power level, reg is around 50, no hammer spring tension and the valve stop around second line. Het a great shot count, probably around 450.

Other way is to do the rubber ball trick, see the Ernest rowe video about it, i did not have the rubber ball. Probably going to order one so i don't need to tune it so far down.

I recently acquired an FX Impact MKII Compact in .22 caliber. This setup is a good, all around caliber for within the confines of my somewhat generous, suburban property.

I always knew I would buy two additional caliber change kits. The .25 for when I stay on daughter's Idaho ranch and .177 for when I want to be extremely stealthy (silent discharge, lower target impact noise, reduced projectile travel) while plinking and dispatching mice and other pests in my semi-rural/ suburban, So. Cal. home.

My question is do any of you shoot a .177 Impact MKII... and if so what are your favorite parameters?

• Pellet choice?
  • Regulator setting?
  • Hammer spring setting?
  • Valve stop setting?
  • Approximate fps?
  • Accuracy results?

Thanks! My hope is someone will have a favorite that I can use as my starting point when shifting over to .177.

Mine Detuned To .177: 

8AEEFB3F-BB8F-4104-BDEA-3ACAB31FDE32.1600362863.jpeg

ammo 10.5 CP

speed 750fps

reg 110

hammer spring length 50mm

no hammer weight just delrin spring guide 

STX pellet liner 500mm 

-1/2” at 50y

shot count 70

Ernest

• Pellet choice?
  • Regulator setting?
  • Hammer spring setting?
  • Valve stop setting?
  • Approximate fps?
  • Accuracy results?

Mine Detuned To .177: 

8AEEFB3F-BB8F-4104-BDEA-3ACAB31FDE32.1600362863.jpeg

ammo 10.5 CP

speed 750fps

reg 110

hammer spring length 50mm

no hammer weight just delrin spring guide 

STX pellet liner 500mm 

-1/2” at 50y

shot count 70

Ernest

Shot count 70? This doesn’t seem right, my impact (admittedly 480cc) would do 500+ with jsb heavies

Bb

Ernest, I'm new to regulated PCP guns and learning. One reason I got rid of my unregulated Discovery and MarauderP was because I didn't want to deal with the "sweet spot" fills anymore.

Do regulated guns actually have a "sweet spot" fill? I thought the whole idea behind a regulator was to get rid of that. The gun should only be seeing the air after it has been regulated... right?

Thanks.

Ernest, I'm new to regulated PCP guns and learning. One reason I got rid of my unregulated Discovery and MarauderP was because I didn't want to deal with the "sweet spot" fills anymore.

Do regulated guns actually have a "sweet spot" fill? I thought the whole idea behind a regulator was to get rid of that. The gun should only be seeing the air after it has been regulated... right?

Thanks.

if you have the reg set at 110b and filled to 250b it’s normal to have 18fps or lower ES. It you write down the whole shot string and reg pressure you will see what reg pressure that will have the lowest ES below 5fps