• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone have experience with custom sear from Magnum airpower for Crossman pistols???

Magnum airpower has " CUSTOM SEAR fits Crosman 1377, 1322, 2240, 2300KT, 2400KT, 1300KT, 2300S, 2250" for about $30 shipped on ebay. (do a search on ebay for the part in quotes to find this). I have a 2300s which I really like but its trigger is not great. Will this be a game changer and make for a great trigger or will I be trying to convince myself its a little bit better. Thanks PS I tried to polish the sear ect which maybe helped?

This is the one with the Super Sear.

PISTOL BUILD 5 (2).jpg

"The Alliance Hobby 2 stage kit with a little polishing is pretty good. It has all the adjustments and trigger feel i needed to set my 2300 up for 10 meter. Definitely not as handsome as Darkhorse1967 though!"
You may have more current info than I do, but a couple months back there was a biggish bunch of folks on the GTA forum who got burned by Alliance Hobby. I'd hesitate to do business with them. Here's a link to the topic-

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=195932.msg156280449#msg156280449

It's too bad, they offered some cool mods.

The Magnum Airpower sear looks like the stock Crosman sear only thicker and more precisely machined and polished. As such it would not have as much if any sided to side wobble, not needing any spacers to keep true and should improve the pull. I would look for a Supersear and polish and shim it. I have a couple in some of my 22xx types and it is a definite improvement, smooth, light and predicitable, and honestly on a par with the 1701p triggers in installed on some others, at about 3 times the price. Currently I would stay away from Alliance hobby. I bought some stuff from him last year, very slow delivery although I did finally get it. I had ordered a Lothar Walther barrel and waited and waited and finally he said he did not when or if he would get more, and I went with a longer Crosman barrel. It took a lot of badgering on my part to get him to answer about the avaibility and how to handle finalizing the order which had been paid for a couple of months.

I did find completed 1701p trigger groups, in the grip housing on ebay, have not looked recently to know about availability for about $70 last year. If you go that route you will need a new hammer or as some say fill the groove around the standard 22xx hammer with JB weld and sand smooth, I went new solid steel hammers. You can also contact Crosman and get a parts list and possibly order the complete assembly, they were not available there when I was doing my work, but you could order all the individual parts, which I did for some before someone clued me onto ebay. Like with an automobile if you buy all the parts you pay for it two or three times and that was the case with ordering parts from Crosman, but they had them and service was good.

The Magnum Airpower sear looks like the stock Crosman sear only thicker and more precisely machined and polished. As such it would not have as much if any sided to side wobble, not needing any spacers to keep true and should improve the pull. I would look for a Supersear and polish and shim it. I have a couple in some of my 22xx types and it is a definite improvement, smooth, light and predicitable, and honestly on a par with the 1701p triggers in installed on some others, at about 3 times the price. Currently I would stay away from Alliance hobby. I bought some stuff from him last year, very slow delivery although I did finally get it. I had ordered a Lothar Walther barrel and waited and waited and finally he said he did not when or if he would get more, and I went with a longer Crosman barrel. It took a lot of badgering on my part to get him to answer about the avaibility and how to handle finalizing the order which had been paid for a couple of months.

I did find completed 1701p trigger groups, in the grip housing on ebay, have not looked recently to know about availability for about $70 last year. If you go that route you will need a new hammer or as some say fill the groove around the standard 22xx hammer with JB weld and sand smooth, I went new solid steel hammers. You can also contact Crosman and get a parts list and possibly order the complete assembly, they were not available there when I was doing my work, but you could order all the individual parts, which I did for some before someone clued me onto ebay. Like with an automobile if you buy all the parts you pay for it two or three times and that was the case with ordering parts from Crosman, but they had them and service was good.
Thank you very much for all the helpful replies

It is about how much are you willing to spend.I think a wider trigger would be better,you can polish the pivot,rubbing points for a little better feel.
Here is my thoughts having gone through the same thing .
Your "feel"gets better as to when the trigger going to break=go off,after you get this feel you realize how bad the trigger is holding you back.
Your pistol is accurate and you like it enough to try and fix the trigger,you buy the better Crosman trigger housing and group,I agree that is the best way to go.There are enough sellers of that group as not to be a problem finding it.
The thicker sear,the better fitting trigger pins are small things that help.
Magnum Air Power also has other parts that may help you.
Bottom line is to save your money and get what jkingrph and the others are saying.

I had looked a couple of days ago and they did not show one. I think that one has an aluminum body and then a hardened steel insert where it holds the hammer back, and the screw is for some kind of adjustment, exactly how I cannot remember, I did look at it year or so ago. The couple I used were the plane models, a little rough, but light stoneing on the hammer and trigger bearing surfaces gave very good triggers, on as good as my 1701p triggers but no adjustment. The 1701p is adjustable for two stages, again cannot remember exactly how, but there are two tiney allen screws reached via an access hole at the back of the trigger guard. I set mine and forgot about it.