anyone have Athlon Ares BTR Gen2 4.5-27x50 APLR3 FFP IR MOA?

In the past i have owned Hawke scopes but when i bought my 1st Athlon i was sold. I have 4-14 44mm Talos BTR and Argos BTR Gen 2, 8-34 x56, love them both! but they are mildot ffp.

IMG_20231201_101103406_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TattoosByJohnnyV
I have this exact scope. I would only say it's ok. The build quality is excellent, but the optics aren't quite as clear as the BTR Gen II 2/5-15x50 scopes. Past 15X magnification and the clarity really drops off. 20X is acceptable, but only fair/good clarity. 27X is dark, milky, and not very clear at all. I've heard other people that really like this scope though. I'm beginning to wonder if I got a dud???

Reactions: TattoosByJohnnyV
I have this exact scope. I would only say it's ok. The build quality is excellent, but the optics aren't quite as clear as the BTR Gen II 2/5-15x50 scopes. Past 15X magnification and the clarity really drops off. 20X is acceptable, but only fair/good clarity. 27X is dark, milky, and not very clear at all. I've heard other people that really like this scope though. I'm beginning to wonder if I got a dud???
I would send that back - Life time guarantee and they are easy to work with - mine is Cristal clear at 27X.

I would send that back - Life time guarantee and they are easy to work with - mine is Cristal clear at 27X.
Thank you for letting me know this! If yours is crystal clear at 27X, there is definitely something off with mine. I'm going to send it back. I've had to warranty one of their scopes before, and the process was SO EASY! Their customer service is superb.

Thanks!