Tuning Anyone have AEA challenger 357 big bore, want to learn everything.

First off I'd stick to light ammo or pellets since its unregulated. Buy a set of west hunter adjustable scope rings. Air guns drop will make you run outta adjustment in a hurry!!! Figure out how to clean your barrel. Buy the best compressor you can afford. I use a yong heng and have rebuild it once already. Try a ffp reticle for your drop there r some pretty cheap options. Keep us posted. Good Luck!!!!!

I have a Athlon btr 4x14 with 44 mm objective, high set of WestHunter Optics Dovetail Scope Rings, 1 Inch 30 mm Tactical Precision Scope Mount | Black and Black ARTS barrel band. And mine came with the 3 washers that pre load the hammer spring. I had to take one out, to me it made the trigger to stiff.I can shoot 148 grain down to 94 grain very well. Just the other day i took out a woodchuck at 144 yards with a 125 grain and it went right thu him.
IMG_20220511_190040219.1652519965.jpg
IMG_20220511_185045892.1652520009.jpg
IMG_20220408_115418470 2.1652520124.jpg
 and i have a Donny fl Ronin. fill psi 3800- 3600, still trying to see what works best. I do shoot from a tripod,the rifle is heavy.

smiles yeah mine is pushing 13lbs with the scope and bipod and emperor mod, with the 125gr i am getting a low of 220fpe and a high of 320fpe, with the 147 i am starting out at 990fps have not finished the shot string, and with 200gr templars i started out at 850fps so go figure its a powerful slug gun. mine is the standard big bore w/side leaver in .357cal so it looks more like a hunting rifle than yours but essentially the same gun. the 81 grain pellets are going close to 1200fps so i cannot chronograph them at all but its all way over 200fpe no matter what. oh i found that steel ball bearings in size 11/32 inch will just go down the barrel without touching the rifleing, i wrap that in lead sheathing for roof valleys(its very soft lead).
and i am in process of designing a round that is incendary at the target, will update once r&d is done.

oh all the .356cal and .355cal bullets on barrys bullets will work in this gun, barrys bullets are copper electroplated, they kinda scream while going down the barrel and i am slowly lleading in my barrel with copper instead of lead , go fig twas a benjamin sheridan i did this to last and once its coated it will make anything sent down that barrel so accurate and like grease lightning. say does anyone know the actual bore diameter of this one is it .357 or will is shoot .358stuff in lead? ive shot the templar 200gr at .357 so i am a bit worried to try .358 and wont try jacketed stuff at all.

I have a Athlon btr 4x14 with 44 mm objective, high set of WestHunter Optics Dovetail Scope Rings, 1 Inch 30 mm Tactical Precision Scope Mount | Black and Black ARTS barrel band. And mine came with the 3 washers that pre load the hammer spring. I had to take one out, to me it made the trigger to stiff.I can shoot 148 grain down to 94 grain very well. Just the other day i took out a woodchuck at 144 yards with a 125 grain and it went right thu him.View attachment 212644View attachment 212654View attachment 212663 and i have a Donny fl Ronin. fill psi 3800- 3600, still trying to see what works best. I do shoot from a tripod,the rifle is heavy.
What adapter did you buy they keep sending the wrong one to be I have a big bore 357 ronin

I have a Athlon btr 4x14 with 44 mm objective, high set of WestHunter Optics Dovetail Scope Rings, 1 Inch 30 mm Tactical Precision Scope Mount | Black and Black ARTS barrel band. And mine came with the 3 washers that pre load the hammer spring. I had to take one out, to me it made the trigger to stiff.I can shoot 148 grain down to 94 grain very well. Just the other day i took out a woodchuck at 144 yards with a 125 grain and it went right thu him.View attachment 212644View attachment 212654View attachment 212663 and i have a Donny fl Ronin. fill psi 3800- 3600, still trying to see what works best. I do shoot from a tripod,the rifle is heavy.
What adapter did you buy they sent me the wrong one twice

i dont have the ronin, i have the emperor on my .357 big bore and ive got an extra adapter for the emperor in another caliber . ive got an old school centerpoint 3x9x32 but its the one that dont use batteries , it lets in ambient light to change the crosshair colors. and the utg 360 8-12 bipod. and an extra mag. extra butpad for an extra inch distance from my trigger. and omg the slug/bullets i am shooting out the airgun are so powerful its crazy, effin 125gr at 1076fps and the 174gr fit in my mag and fly at like 151 no less, and 200gr templars fly at 922but no slower than 916fps.
in the .357 world my airgun beats all but the extreme big bore .357 and that is a single shot gun and i have 10rd mags. but yeah you got a great gun there

airgun2.jpg

airgun3.jpg

airgun1.jpg

What adapter did you buy they sent me the wrong one twice
i was told the adapters are the same for both ronin and emperor. you may need to get your money back on those adapters that are wrong and look on ebay and blow up the pic and get the thread ,,, what airgun do you have? say get in touch with ben at the pellet shop you tell him the gun you have and he knows his stuff i called him last minute and ask if i needed an adapter and he said yeah and didnt even charge me for it so he knows which ones work. google the pellet shop or call 718-450-4146, if he sends ya to the machine he is busy and will call you right back. good man.