• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone have a HW100KT? And where can i get the best deal on one?

We Americans tend to want powerful air rifles, and then complain about the noise. Power is the real culprit, and most of us don't need nearly the amount of power we demand. My HW100 is presently tuned to around 11.5 fpe, shooting the 10 g pellet a bit over 700 fps, and the rifle is nearly silent with the Weihrauch suppressor. It is extremely accurate, and still effective on squirrels at the distances I shoot in the yard, out to around 35 yards. Another benefit of the lower power tune is a greatly increased shot count. The HW100 is easy to tune, with several good videos available.

A "real" Carbine length comes with the short air cylinder and a 310mm barrel. Setup for 12fpe. Like this:
IMG_20220807_191052557_HDR~2.jpg

Power level of the rifle will determine barrel length, so your "carbine" may end up being as long as a "rifle".

Some "FAC carbines" come with long barrels and then the short carbine sized air cylinder so you get screwed into a long gun with measly air capacity. Worst of both worlds.

My point is read the specs and be sure what you order is what you want. The models and configuration are a little confusing and people seem to just call them whatever they want.

A "real" Carbine length comes with the short air cylinder and a 310mm barrel. Setup for 12fpe. Like this:
View attachment 290591

Power level of the rifle will determine barrel length, so your "carbine" may end up being as long as a "rifle".

Some "FAC carbines" come with long barrels and then the short carbine sized air cylinder so you get screwed into a long gun with measly air capacity. Worst of both worlds.

My point is read the specs and be sure what you order is what you want. The models and configuration are a little confusing and people seem to just call them whatever they want.
Gorgeous gun, & great advice!

Mulling one of these with that stock in the longer barrelled, longer cylinder, 18-20 fpe version. But the exact name of that specific model has proven elusive, as have the cylinder volume & approximate shot count of that version. Have inquiries with a couple of vendors to see if they can provide that info, & have said version available.

Considering this vs. a Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari edition (when it finally makes it across the pond) or Air Arms S510 XS Ultimate Sporter Xtra FAC. Was able to find specs for the Daystate easily, a little tricky with the AA but think I have it down. The Weihrauch has been hard to pin down.

One thing for sure, the full nomenclature doesn't exactly roll off the tongue with any of them 😄

My "carbine" from AOA has the full length cylinder and stock, medium 410 mm barrel. I find this to be a well balanced, useful configuration. The catalog and web site information is confusing. Certain configurations are never seen in the US.
I agree. My "full power" Sporter stocked gun is setup the same with a Walther blank I shortened to 410mm, choked and machined to fit. I like it better than the "real" shorty 12fpe carbine. Plus it's more efficient.

Gorgeous gun, & great advice!

Mulling one of these with that stock in the longer barrelled, longer cylinder, 18-20 fpe version. But the exact name of that specific model has proven elusive, as have the cylinder volume & approximate shot count of that version. Have inquiries with a couple of vendors to see if they can provide that info, & have said version available.

Considering this vs. a Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari edition (when it finally makes it across the pond) or Air Arms S510 XS Ultimate Sporter Xtra FAC. Was able to find specs for the Daystate easily, a little tricky with the AA but think I have it down. The Weihrauch has been hard to pin down.

One thing for sure, the full nomenclature doesn't exactly roll off the tongue with any of them 😄
If you are referring to the short, carbine stock, but with the longer cylinder and barrel, I don't think you will find it available, except as a special order rifle. But, the cylinder and barrel you want (I think), is the configuration sold by AOA as the "carbine", which is the one I have. And yes, the specs of the various models are indeed elusive, and I have found Weihrauch is the most difficult of the bunch to figure out. As to shot count, my .177 was around 40 I believe, as delivered, in the FAC 18-20 fpe power range. After tuning to under 12 fpe, shot count is more than doubled. I have a Daystate Revere, and have had an AA Ultimate Sporter. All are very nice rifles, with personal preference the deciding factor. If it matters, the HW is more owner-friendly regarding tuning, with both the hammer spring and regulator adjustments easily accessible. The latter requires separating the front and rear actions modules, but that is very easy.