• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone have a .20 calibre air rifle?

My nice one got away, in a house burglary. A .20 cal Commemorative R1. Only twenty five made, numbered 0 to 25, in .20 cal. it'll show up some day.
The sad thing about that is that when it does it will probably have changed hands a couple times and whoever ended up with it will likely feel that they bought it legitimately and at a fair price.

Reactions: .20calguy
That its in between and probably gives you more fps but similar hitting power of a .22. Only problem is there's only 5 choices of pellets for .20 and only 1 of them is a 11.42 grain which is think would give the best trajectory and power but the rest of them are 13.58 with heaviest .20 pellet 15.89 but those pellets you can find on .22 calibre so I don't see the benefit there. So really only 1 pellet is probably good on .20.
Not quite sure why you've decided there's only one good pellet in .20 when any number of posters in this thread have repeatedly told you both the H&N 11.42's and JSB 13.73's will shoot very well for you no matter which rifle you might get.
Same people have also told you only 5 choices in pellets is not one bit of a problem either. Seems to be the same sad mindset that unless there's 20+ choices of pellets to try, the caliber just isn't worth it.
If you haven't already, go ask your same questions in the UK forums and while you'll get detractors of the caliber over there, you'll also get just as many saying the same things we are here.

Reactions: DualMagMike
I'm a huge .20 fan, albeit at higher power levels than OP is talking.

I primarily shoot the JSB .20/13.73 @ around 800 fps and the JSB .20/15.89 @ around 915fps, 20 and 30fpe respectively.

One of the reasons the .20 is my favorite caliber is BECAUSE of the pellet options, not in spite of. Neither of these pellets need sorted or any of the other voodoo black magic crap that guys try to utilize to get junky pellets to shoot well.

Both weights of JSB .20s will shoot well straight out of the tin.

The sad thing about that is that when it does it will probably have changed hands a couple times and whoever ended up with it will likely feel that they bought it legitimately and at a fair price.
True, i can live without it, but I would like to see it and meet the owner, exchange stories, get some pic's maybe.

You are WAY over thinking this....Get on the waiting list and count the days just as many other members have done...and in the mean time stock up on H&N 11.42's...dollars (pounds) to doughnuts that's all you'll need for an HW97 in .20 caliber...mines been spot on for three years now...shot this a few weeks ago box stock action at 30 yards off my knee...Yours will do the same.View attachment 433244View attachment 433243
I wasouldnt stock up yet. My 97k didn’t kilt the light weight pellets much at all, but the 13.73’s shot great. Each gun can be a little different in its pellet preference.

Reactions: DualMagMike