FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

Another day on the stock in letting. Have the barrel and action fully inletted. this is the easiest rifle I have ever inletted. All the lines are straight. Did the whole thing on my vertical mill. . Now to get out the grinder and remove what I don’t want. At least I have the GRS stock in hand for a go by. This piece of maple is soft so not as heavy as hard maple. It weighs 4 pounds 14 ounces versus 1 pound 10 ounces on the FX synthetic stock. I’m estimating taking another pound off the maple stock by the time I’m done. I’m going to experiment with adding weight (lead) in the forearm under the barrel to give it a little more forward weight distribution for off hand shooting. I’m leaving extra wood about 1/4” below the bottom of the plentum in case FX or after market makes a middle size plentum . This way it will look less out of balance. I could have left the bottom solid wood if I were to just use the existing plentum. I’m really liking the look of this DRS with a wood stock. I’m already considering a .177 500mm and stock it with some figured Walnut. I’ll show the finished shaped stock next week. Going to NC tomorrow through the weekend for a Sporting Clays shoot.

View attachment 458341

View attachment 458342

View attachment 458343
Wow! That looks like it's going to turn out to be amazing! I'm definately interested in following your project and progress! I wish I had the tools, talent and patience to take on a project like this...

Reactions: Dairyboy
17 different sizes of of o rings, uh no thank you. Here's to hoping the Barra 250z or the JTS stealthhawk has way less. If only they were out already. Makes me wonder how many a M24 Alteros has
I sent JTS an email about a week ago asking about availability on parts. I still haven’t got a response. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Yes, my mate James bought a .22 yesterday 👍

Back for repair today👎

30shots then BANG, all the air dunpted out of the barrel

On the plus side, it was 10 more shots than his maverick did before it went bang and dumped all its air 😁

Bb
Quick update, the gun came back from repair and worked perfectly until it didn’t!

This weekend it did exactly the same thing, “bang” then a whoosh of air out of the barrel.

Returned and got a refund.

Bb

Quick update, the gun came back from repair and worked perfectly until it didn’t!

This weekend it did exactly the same thing, “bang” then a whoosh of air out of the barrel.

Returned and got a refund.

Bb
A quality product at it best!!! ( not!!) In this day and age its sadly a common occurrence with poop QC practices in place !!

Here is a quick 50 yard comparison DAR vs DRS H&N slugs .22 15 - 20 mph cross wind.
17377-210424185139.jpeg

17377-210424184649.jpeg

Update where I’m at on my DRS stock project. Still need to narrow the sides 1/8” and take some off the bottom of the forearm from the plentum forward. I’m going to add a black ebony nose cap. This silver curly maple is a pain to get shaped and sanded smooth. Unfortunately the blank was flat sawed and not quarter sawed so the curl won’t be as vibrant on the sides. It isn’t a classic style stock as far as the grip goes. Styled after my GRS Dreamline so you could almost say it is a GRS DRS.

IMG_6522.jpeg

IMG_6520.jpeg

IMG_6521.jpeg

IMG_6519.jpeg

IMG_6518.jpeg

IMG_6502.jpeg

Update where I’m at on my DRS stock project. Still need to narrow the sides 1/8” and take some off the bottom of the forearm from the plentum forward. I’m going to add a black ebony nose cap. This silver curly maple is a pain to get shaped and sanded smooth. Unfortunately the blank was flat sawed and not quarter sawed so the curl won’t be as vibrant on the sides. It isn’t a classic style stock as far as the grip goes. Styled after my GRS Dreamline so you could almost say it is a GRS DRS.

View attachment 460277

View attachment 460278

View attachment 460279

View attachment 460280

View attachment 460281

View attachment 460282
That is hoping up very nicely! It's going to look amazing once it's finished. What color stain are you thinking of, or are you going to leave it natural?

I ordered a Low FX Picatinny for my DRS from https://europeairguns.com/en/ on Tuesday evening, 23 & received it Monday morning, the 29th. I live in the USA, and I would say that it is a good service. They were very prompt, replying to my inquiries before I ordered too.
View attachment 460508
That's awesome! I was tempted to order the same rail and a slug power kit. But shipping was 38.00 to me in the USA.

That's awesome! I was tempted to order the same rail and a slug power kit. But shipping was 38.00 to me in the USA.
I think they only charged me 15 for shipping. My total US dollars including shipping was 94 dollars. It was from one of your posts that I even heard about them. Not sure why I am in such a hurry, my stock is still at the hydro dipper,lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impact701
That is hoping up very nicely! It's going to look amazing once it's finished. What color stain are you thinking of, or are you going to leave it natural?
I have 4 full days in this so far. Got all the final shaping and sanding done today. All I have to do is attach the ebony nose cap which I hope I can get done tomorrow. Two days for the epoxy to cure and I can shape and sand. I am going to stain it with an alcohol stain I use for muzzle loaders and on Pre War German sporting guns I restore. It’s called nut brown which is a reddish brown. Not a fan of natural finished maple Gun stocks.

I have 4 full days in this so far. Got all the final shaping and sanding done today. All I have to do is attach the ebony nose cap which I hope I can get done tomorrow. Two days for the epoxy to cure and I can shape and sand. I am going to stain it with an alcohol stain I use for muzzle loaders and on Pre War German sporting guns I restore. It’s called nut brown which is a reddish brown. Not a fan of natural finished maple Gun stocks.
Nice job on the stock.

Have you ever tried Aquafortis on maple? It will really bring out any figure in the wood and creates a real nice color.

I used Aquafortis years ago when I first started assembling muzzleloaders. I had two stocks turn green within a year so I stopped useing it. It isn’t mentioned much in the muzzle loader world as it was the old stand by for many makers for maple stocks, but it happens . I changed to alcohol stains and have not gone back. The aquafortis does make the curl pop. I can’t wait to hit this piece of wood with stain. this stock blank was given to me by a close friend who was dying from pancreatic cancer. It has special meaning to me.