FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

According to what I've seen, the Sub 12FPE is 4cc, the Pro is 63cc and while I couldn't find it in their documentation, I believe the FAC version of the Classic is 12cc. I was thinking something between 24cc (double the current size) and 30cc (about half of the size of the Pro) would be a nice compromise between the current Classic and Pro plenums.

Reactions: qball and Dairyboy
I got my spacer on, and it looks like I need to do some more sanding, but it fits. I also put the sling studs on. I used the long ones for a wood stock. They seem real snug. Once I am sure about it, I will put a dap of epoxy on it. I may put a couple of QD cups on it, too, just for more options.
20240413_175302.jpg

When the chrono blew over, it must have broken. So, without a chrono, I first sighted in at 40 yards. I shot a few mags just to get the feel of it. I filled 230 bar and left it tethered, but the valve was off so I could monitor pressure. Shot a 40-shot group inside of a nickel, 15,89 JSB. The 39 shot sounded different & the 40 even more so, I figured it was off the reg. The gauge on the tank, which is accurate, was 140 bar. I will know more when I get another chrony, but I can get almost three mags for a 230 bar fill. However, I have no idea what FPS is. Mine has the 500 mm barrel.

There are set screws as pictured above available. The Dreamline set screw fits the DRS. Only problem is the hex hole in the set screw is smaller than the hex hole of the spring screw. So you must take the set screw completely out to adjust the hammer spring. It should be made opposite with a larger hex hole so you can just back it off to make an adjustment to the spring with the smaller hex wrench. I’m going to enlarge mine . Sorry I don’t have the source of the set screw. I bought it a couple years ago for my Dreamline and never used it because of the smaller hole problem.

Me too, FX is always fun tuning :ROFLMAO:
I don't think they will supply a new block to me, how many rifles would that first batch be! If it is only this that has been adjusted, I can live with it. In the meantime, I have made a nice appointment with Sekhmet for the delivery of an M8x1 manometer. You cannot buy these in Europe and shipping US to Europe is expensive and there are guaranteed to be additional import and tax costs.

B.T.W. how is the coltri doing?
Coltri is doing good! Still filling my bottles.

I made a protection cover for it when its stored in my garage so it doesnt get cold.

I threat it with love, its a lovely machine ;)

There are set screws as pictured above available. The Dreamline set screw fits the DRS. Only problem is the hex hole in the set screw is smaller than the hex hole of the spring screw. So you must take the set screw completely out to adjust the hammer spring. It should be made opposite with a larger hex hole so you can just back it off to make an adjustment to the spring with the smaller hex wrench. I’m going to enlarge mine . Sorry I don’t have the source of the set screw. I bought it a couple years ago for my Dreamline and never used it because of the smaller hole problem.
Is this the part you are referring to? Cape Fear Airguns has them on sale for 50% off...

Reactions: Impact701

We have thought of this, turning the original screw with a 5 mm hexagon and the set-screw with a 6 mm. So hammer spring tension is easy to adjust without removing any screw (y);)

Last edited:
Reactions: corguy15
I got my spacer on, and it looks like I need to do some more sanding, but it fits. I also put the sling studs on. I used the long ones for a wood stock. They seem real snug. Once I am sure about it, I will put a dap of epoxy on it. I may put a couple of QD cups on it, too, just for more options.
View attachment 455236
That stock must of been designed for "Smurf,s" .. :LOL:

Reactions: Nutcracker
Is this the part you are referring to? Cape Fear Airguns has them on sale for 50% off...

Yes that’s the one. I’m drilling mine out and going to put a large slot for a straight blade screw driver . Easier than filling a new hex hole.

I have been at war with an influx of Cow birds with my new DRS. I tuned it to shoot the Monster Hades 25 grn. At 860 fps which I thought was sufficient for anything coming into my yard / woods. They shoot fantastic off the bench. But I can’t seem to hit these birds at 40 yards even with a good rest. i have come to the conclusion that they are jumping the pellets. I can see the pellet if the sun is just right and they are on there way before it gets there. I changed to my Dreamline today . It shoots the 15 grn Hades at 910 fps and bam , big difference 50 fps. makes. So now I have a new benchmark for velocity. I don’t think there would be a problem with furry critters but these birds are wired with a hair trigger.

I have been at war with an influx of Cow birds with my new DRS. I tuned it to shoot the Monster Hades 25 grn. At 860 fps which I thought was sufficient for anything coming into my yard / woods. They shoot fantastic off the bench. But I can’t seem to hit these birds at 40 yards even with a good rest. i have come to the conclusion that they are jumping the pellets. I can see the pellet if the sun is just right and they are on there way before it gets there. I changed to my Dreamline today . It shoots the 15 grn Hades at 910 fps and bam , big difference 50 fps. makes. So now I have a new benchmark for velocity. I don’t think there would be a problem with furry critters but these birds are wired with a hair trigger.
yeah, a 25-grain going 860 at the muzzle; wonder how slow it is at 40 yards?

50fps doesn't make much difference. It might just be coincidence but according to chairgun your talking a difference of .007 seconds. 910fps is .140 seconds and 860fps is .147 seconds with 25.4gr. 910fps with 15.9gr is .145 seconds. So only .002 between your 860fps 25.4gr and 910fps 15.9gr. No way that makes that much difference. I've killed thousands of birds and even at 640fps 14gr tuned .22s have no problem with birds jumping the gun at 40yds. I'm not sure what the problem is but there not jumping the gun with only .002 seconds more time.

Reactions: Caliber 22
Speaking of moderators I just received a Silent Thunder Ordnance Pugio that I ordered.
20240411_180519.jpg

It works awesome, it's way quieter than the DonnyFL/FX that I tried but not as quiet as the Silent Thunder Ordnance Falx. Understandable as it is ½ the size.
20240411_180622.jpg

I'm not a fan of the glossy finish but maybe some matt carbon fiber wrap will be the answer???

Reactions: Dairyboy