FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

Just curious, is the plug in the plenum also M8X1 or is it 1/8BSPP? The FX manual says you need to attach a gauge to that port to be able to tune the regulator, yet they failed to provide any specification as to what threads are needed on the gauge.

View attachment 454435
That one is 1/8 bspp, check the above file #60
Pretend I'm an FX staff 😬 LOL
60#.png
1:8 bspp.png

Reactions: Nutcracker
LOL! Thank you! I purchased a digital gauge for the sole purpose of using it to tune the DRS, good to see I can use it for that purpose!

That drawing is interesting, both plugs are marked as Part# 60, yet the one on the side of the plenum sure looks much smaller than the one on the front!

I made some more changes to the shape, and printed in a PA-CF filament. It is good up to the forward cantilevered part over the barrel flexes a bit.

Looks like I will be machining one out of aluminum. Still waiting on M3 screws and I ordered some low scope rings too.

View attachment 451853

View attachment 451854

View attachment 451855

View attachment 451856
May I ask what thread the FX gauge you installed is? Previously, FX models were supposed to have 1/8BSPP threads, but the DRS model appears to have M8 threads. Did you personally modify the threads yourself?

LOL! Thank you! I purchased a digital gauge for the sole purpose of using it to tune the DRS, good to see I can use it for that purpose!

That drawing is interesting, both plugs are marked as Part# 60, yet the one on the side of the plenum sure looks much smaller than the one on the front!
You are correct, we also didn't notice that. The exploded diagram from FX indeed needs debugging. 👀
The same story happened for number #45, one is marked for the pressure gauge while another is labeled as a gasket, they are obviously not referring to the same thing. Therefore, I can no longer continue to explain for them.
However, if the #60 that he marked is correct, then it is indeed 1/8''
45-45.png
45.png

@Leatherman " use long screws"? I only used the cups or sockets a couple of times, on bullpups, not on a rifle. The ones I had were threaded; you drilled a hole & tapped. I even used a dab of epoxy on them. I did not know they made some that took a screw?

You got me thinking, I might go with those sockets and side-mount them. I walk for miles hunting, and the rifle flat on my back would be nicer than fighting a shoulder sling. I mostly hunt with bullpups and I have the sling on my left shoulder and my bullpup under my right arm. This rifle will be too long for that. Ordered the rifle today from Ohio Airguns LLC . Since Jim retired, I have been buying FX stuff from Jason, very responsive and a great fellow.
You are correct, I forgot those QD anchors have a threaded screws and nuts. What I did on my Crown was remove the butt pad and hollow out a hole in the stock to allow the backing plate to be fit for the two screws. See picture. The material I’d really soft so if you bear down on the screws it will just sink into the stock. Just need it snug.

IMG_3273.jpeg

Reactions: Nutcracker
I just realized why I am having trouble winding the small DRS magazine to get that first pellet in to lock the wheel. Who ever makes the mag forgot the little nub on the wheel that is on all my other FX mags. This little nub sticking up is caught with your thumb and helps spin the wheel to where the number one pellet aligns with the exit hole and you drop the first pellet to lock the wheel. Without this nub you have to dig your thumb into the wheel holes to get it to spin which is a lot harder . My other mags also have the caliber designation under that nub. It is not on the DRS mag. They also have tightened the fitment by adding a second little Dee Ring which they did on the new Crowns being shipped. This has to be an oversight on the part of FX or the maker of the magazines for FX. This needs to be corrected immediately and in my opinion we who have received these magazines should be given the corrected magazine once they are available. What say?

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5631.jpeg

It would be nice for FX to respond about the gauge if it is indeed M8. I know what I’m thinking and I don’t like it. But I’m not going to say anything until this plays out. If nothing is ever confirmed as to why they went M8, then I’m going to assume something.
Do they know it themselfs? :ROFLMAO:

I asked in the YT FX channel and even Matt Dubber's channel. FX replied in the YT channel; Hi, are you sure the Sekmeth has the correct threads as we haven't changed anything on our size when it comes to thread thickness.:oops:

Do they know it themselfs? :ROFLMAO:

I asked in the YT FX channel and even Matt Dubber's channel. FX replied in the YT channel; Hi, are you sure the Sekmeth has the correct threads as we haven't changed anything on our size when it comes to thread thickness.:oops:
If they didn’t know, then this is what raises an eyebrow. Before I jump to conclusions, I’ll need more than one guy to confirm that their DRS is a M8. Then I’ll have to be convinced that there was a logical reason that FX had no choice but to go with this thread. It makes no sense right now.

Reactions: Dairyboy
It would be nice for FX to respond about the gauge if it is indeed M8. I know what I’m thinking and I don’t like it. But I’m not going to say anything until this plays out. If nothing is ever confirmed as to why they went M8, then I’m going to assume something.
I think i know where you are going with this.... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its a very common occurrence nowadays....its all about "Maximising Profit"

Reactions: thommy
I degassed mine today, attached a gauge and checked the regulator pressure. It was at 136 BAR! I backed it off to 115 BAR and backed off the hammer spring adjuster about 1 ¼ turn. It took increasing the hammer spring tension a little over ¼ turn and it's shooting right at 900 FPS which is stacking FX 18.1 grain pellets at 35 yards.

I have a new regulator coming from HPP, the first 3-4 shots are well below the rest by almost 150-200 FPS! Tom thinks it's bad regulator creep and feels the regulator needs to be replaced. I'm hoping that fixes it, because it's real hard to shoot a rat when the first shot (which is typically the only shot) when the first shot is 200FPS below the velocity it's zeroed at!

I also got a set of BKL off set rings. I have plenty of room for the larger magazine and have the eye relief I need! They are the perfect height for me also.

IMG_4428.jpg
IMG_4429.jpg

If they didn’t know, then this is what raises an eyebrow. Before I jump to conclusions, I’ll need more than one guy to confirm that their DRS is a M8. Then I’ll have to be convinced that there was a logical reason that FX had no choice but to go with this thread. It makes no sense right now.

How does the the wood stock look ? Does the barrel feel solid. ?

I got an answer from FX regarding the thread manometer:

@thommytom Hi I have reached out to the factory to ask for some clarification on this . It seems due to very tight spaces the first batch of DRS rifles was indeed made with M8x1 threads. Afterwards they made it work and changed it back to 1/8 threads for all DRS rifles going out of the factory in Sweden now. Sekhmet reached out to me with the same question and explained them also. Tell them you spoke to Airbuks and they will help you out. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and me questioning the gauges Sekmeth send you .