FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

I made some more changes to the shape, and printed in a PA-CF filament. It is good up to the forward cantilevered part over the barrel flexes a bit.

Looks like I will be machining one out of aluminum. Still waiting on M3 screws and I ordered some low scope rings too.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Is there a place to add a screw in front of the mag well? The drawing makes it appear as if there is, but it doesn't look like it has one on the rifle. The rail look awesome! An aluminum rail will probably take care of any flex if the front half can't be secured to the area in front of the mag well.
Yes, I added a mounting hole at that forward M3 set screw location.

I am personally hoping that FX comes out with the DRS in a GRS stock. I have the Crown MKII GRS .22 600mm, and a Panthera .22 600mm. I love both of these rifles, I just like my GRS Crown a tad more. The ergonomics of the GRS are spot on for me. I was absolutely heart broken when they came out with the King in the GRS.
Why were you heartbroken, that the King includes the GRS stock?

Reactions: blacksmith304
Yes it has the SHP plenum. He didn't say what the reg was at either. UPS is saying delivery this Friday.

View attachment 449143
I have a question that I do not believe has been asked.
Is the gauge on the SHP removable?
In other words, could you install the gauge, tune the rifle, then remove the gauge until needed again in the future?

I have a question that I do not believe has been asked.
Is the gauge on the SHP removable?
In other words, could you install the gauge, tune the rifle, then remove the gauge until needed again in the future?
I had to buy the angled manometer bracket to install a gauge.
It does not have to say on the rifle, when I'm done setting up my rifle I will remove the bracket ang gauge.
Which you have to do to put it back in the stock anyway.

Reactions: Airgun Al
I am personally hoping that FX comes out with the DRS in a GRS stock. I have the Crown MKII GRS .22 600mm, and a Panthera .22 600mm. I love both of these rifles, I just like my GRS Crown a tad more. The ergonomics of the GRS are spot on for me. I was absolutely heart broken when they came out with the King in the GRS.
I am going to restock my DRS classic with a wild figured maple stock I have been saving for years for something special. I have the Dreamline GRS and also like the feel of the grip. I have laid out the pattern on a piece of art board in the picture. I’m not going to do the adjustable cheek pad or butt plate but I will make the stock with dimensions that fit me.

IMG_6433.jpeg

I made some more changes to the shape, and printed in a PA-CF filament. It is good up to the forward cantilevered part over the barrel flexes a bit.

Looks like I will be machining one out of aluminum. Still waiting on M3 screws and I ordered some low scope rings too.

View attachment 451853

View attachment 451854

View attachment 451855

View attachment 451856
I found on mine with 1” high scope rings mounted to the action I had to raise my face slightly to get aligned to the centerline of the scope. You have added at least 1/2” with the picatinny rail . It looks like you can get that 1/2” back with lower rings but you will need to move the scope rearward so the adjustment ring will clear. I’m just bringing it up for those who are getting a DRS so they are aware lower rings are required . If you plan on useing the larger Dreamline, Crown magazine then 1” rings are required and you will loose the eye alignment. It isn’t that much though I am able to raise my face and still have contact but I like a tighter contact of my face to the stock, especially offhand shooting.

The fill pressure was below reg pressure. That is the obvious sign for that symptom. Did he try to refill it and try again ? Probably didn’t have an scba to give it a blast of air and reseal the valve pin ? Instances like this that lead to bad brand attitude when its operator error.
Not operator error, he has numerous guns including 4 fx and has had at least 5 others. The gun was full, reg pressure low, the valve stuck open and an o ring shot out of the barrel. I call it poor quality control.

Bb

Reactions: Dairyboy
How are you guys enjoying your new DRS so far?
Ive been watching DRS inventory at Utah Air.
Recently, the .25 went from "In STOCK", to "LOW INVENTORY".
Where are they all going?
Anyone care to report on 30 or 50 yards results?
Anyone notice a POI change, as tank volume decreases?
How about the new ergonomics?
I bet it feels wierd when you pick up a big bottle gun, after shooting the DRS for a while!

Reactions: Impact701
How are you guys enjoying your new DRS so far?
Ive been watching DRS inventory at Utah Air.
Recently, the .25 went from "In STOCK", to "LOW INVENTORY".
Where are they all going?
Anyone care to report on 30 or 50 yards results?
Anyone notice a POI change, as tank volume decreases?
How about the new ergonomics?
I bet it feels wierd when you pick up a big bottle gun, after shooting the DRS for a while!
I like mine, mostly. The stock length of pull is about 1 inch to short for me and the forend makes it difficult to put a picatinny mount for a bipod.

The mini magazine is a real pain to load.

These are my only 2 complaints.

My 22 700 is very accurate and very consistent with the H&N 34gr Heavy @930fps.
Screenshot_20240331_153526_FX Radar.jpg

It easily shoots MOA at 90 yards(thats as far as I can shoot in my yard)

I have not had any POI change so far.

It is just 7 lbs so it's almost ½ the weight of my 13½lbs. M3.
But being only 7lbs it makes it tougher to hold through the shot as it has a bit of recoil.

I will be getting a chassis for it, but probably not the MDT ? We will have to see what the after market companies come up with ???

I like mine, mostly. The stock length of pull is about 1 inch to short for me and the forend makes it difficult to put a picatinny mount for a bipod.

The mini magazine is a real pain to load.

These are my only 2 complaints.

My 22 700 is very accurate and very consistent with the H&N 34gr Heavy @930fps.
View attachment 452602
It easily shoots MOA at 90 yards(thats as far as I can shoot in my yard)

I have not had any POI change so far.

It is just 7 lbs so it's almost ½ the weight of my 13½lbs. M3.
But being only 7lbs it makes it tougher to hold through the shot as it has a bit of recoil.

I will be getting a chassis for it, but probably not the MDT ? We will have to see what the after market companies come up with ???
Only 2 FPS deviation for 19 shots....
Very impressive!
I think I will enjoy its small size, in fact thats exactly why Im attracted to it!

Reactions: Impact701
Each and everyone to their own ... but...... Christ the DRS is an ugly unit.

Good lord!! I would hate to see the shot count if pushing slugs a little harder!

The original setup from FX is IMO a "Joke"

Based on all your negativity toward FX in almost all your previous comments, I thought you were one of those FX hater's !
Did you ever figure out how to shoot a FX Impact with any precision?