FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

All those airguns, plus 5 more Rapids!
Wow!
Sounds like a serious airgunner.
Ive got to ask...
Why is HE not a member here?👎
He also got a few springers, a AA s200, s510, brk ghost ,a bsa and a couple of others I can’t remember, he probably not on here because he spends all his spare time buying new guns🤪

Damn Fed Ex changed the delivery date again! That’s three times now and the package has to be signed for. I got my eye operated on this morning so it would have worked out for the afternoon delivery. Now they want to deliver over noon time tomorrow and I have a 11:30 follow up appointment.
Something like this happens 80% of the time I order a gun. The other 20%? Well 10% of the time I have them ship it to my work. But half the times it comes on a day I’m planning on taking off. So usually by the time I get my new toy, I’m aggravated. Your post has reminded me to contact HPP and change the shipping address.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Damn Fed Ex changed the delivery date again! That’s three times now and the package has to be signed for. I got my eye operated on this morning so it would have worked out for the afternoon delivery. Now they want to deliver over noon time tomorrow and I have a 11:30 follow up appointment.
Change the delivery to your nearest cvs or walgreens and you wont have to worry about meeting their drop off time.

Ok Fed Ex came early today just as we were leaving for a doctors appointment. I put a Hawke 44mm Airmax scope on it with Eagle Vision rings . With it mounted on the receiver grooves there is still room to fit the larger Dreamline magazine with room to spare. Shouldering the gun the line of sight to the scope is doable. It would be better if the rings were lower but definitely wouldn’t want the scope any higher. I like a more head down position. Others may prefer the heads up hold. I’m thinking the picatinny rail would add unnecessary height For this stocks comb height. Although it looks nice to some. I am going to just go with this set up and see how it shoots different ammo from 15 grn. Up to 28 grn pellets and try some light weight slugs. I haven’t heard from the videos yet if the larger magazines from the King and Panthera will fit this . If not there is a need for one that holds the heavy ammo. I don’t see the need for the smaller magazine except to be able to use a low set of rings with a smallish scope to give it that classic rifle look. But it is nice to be able to have the magazine to be able to use the heavy up to 40 grain slugs if desired. The manual doesn’t give any instructions on degassing the tank or the plentum. There is a small Allen screw just beside the air gauge in the receiver. I’m thinking that is one of the sources. Probably the plentum. FX needs to get a video out soon on how to degas this gun properly. I shot the gun with a pellet and no moderator. It was loud to me. Louder than my Dreamline without a moderator. But the FX video said it was quieter to them. I’ll do a side by side test later. Weather is not good for the next couple of days here and I’m blind in my left eye for at least a week until it heals. I made a scale drawing on poster board to show how much room there is for a plentum gauge if you were to leave it on and tried to inlet the stock. As you can see in the drawing there is not enough room. I made another drawing where a block could possibly be made to mount to the plentum and a gauge mounted to it so the face of the gauge could be exposed out the bottom of the forearm of the stock. I’m no expert on metals and pressures and would not attempt this without approval from an expert. ill just tune the gun out of the stock like I did with my Dreamline. It won’t be easy to drill a hole in the stock to access the HS. And even if you did you would have to make a Allen wrench to reach as I show in another drawing.The gun weighs 7.2 pounds with the Airmax compact scope and feels light in the hand like my old Crown synthetic I had. The 600mm barrel doesn’t look long , matter of fact it looks like a normal PB rifle. But with a moderator it looks long. The 500 mm barrel is going to really be compact . The stock feels fat to me but I’m used to slim .22 RF and even my Center Fire rifles have slimmer stocks. It will be interesting to see if the Monelli wood stocks are slimmer. My GRS stock on the Dreamline was not slim and I took a rasp to it and took at least 1/8” off the sides and bottom . I can see the need to have the extra thickness to the foam stock for needed strength. I’ll be making my own wood stock for this rifle. I have a crazy shell grain maple blank I have been saving for the right rifle and this is it.

IMG_6425.jpeg

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6422.jpeg

IMG_6421.jpeg

IMG_6419.jpeg

IMG_6424.jpeg

Ok Fed Ex came early today just as we were leaving for a doctors appointment. I put a Hawke 44mm Airmax scope on it with Eagle Vision rings . With it mounted on the receiver grooves there is still room to fit the larger Dreamline magazine with room to spare. Shouldering the gun the line of sight to the scope is doable. It would be better if the rings were lower but definitely wouldn’t want the scope any higher. I like a more head down position. Others may prefer the heads up hold. I’m thinking the picatinny rail would add unnecessary height For this stocks comb height. Although it looks nice to some. I am going to just go with this set up and see how it shoots different ammo from 15 grn. Up to 28 grn pellets and try some light weight slugs. I haven’t heard from the videos yet if the larger magazines from the King and Panthera will fit this . If not there is a need for one that holds the heavy ammo. I don’t see the need for the smaller magazine except to be able to use a low set of rings with a smallish scope to give it that classic rifle look. But it is nice to be able to have the magazine to be able to use the heavy up to 40 grain slugs if desired. The manual doesn’t give any instructions on degassing the tank or the plentum. There is a small Allen screw just beside the air gauge in the receiver. I’m thinking that is one of the sources. Probably the plentum. FX needs to get a video out soon on how to degas this gun properly. I shot the gun with a pellet and no moderator. It was loud to me. Louder than my Dreamline without a moderator. But the FX video said it was quieter to them. I’ll do a side by side test later. Weather is not good for the next couple of days here and I’m blind in my left eye for at least a week until it heals. I made a scale drawing on poster board to show how much room there is for a plentum gauge if you were to leave it on and tried to inlet the stock. As you can see in the drawing there is not enough room. I made another drawing where a block could possibly be made to mount to the plentum and a gauge mounted to it so the face of the gauge could be exposed out the bottom of the forearm of the stock. I’m no expert on metals and pressures and would not attempt this without approval from an expert. ill just tune the gun out of the stock like I did with my Dreamline. It won’t be easy to drill a hole in the stock to access the HS. And even if you did you would have to make a Allen wrench to reach as I show in another drawing.The gun weighs 7.2 pounds with the Airmax compact scope and feels light in the hand like my old Crown synthetic I had. The 600mm barrel doesn’t look long , matter of fact it looks like a normal PB rifle. But with a moderator it looks long. The 500 mm barrel is going to really be compact . The stock feels fat to me but I’m used to slim .22 RF and even my Center Fire rifles have slimmer stocks. It will be interesting to see if the Monelli wood stocks are slimmer. My GRS stock on the Dreamline was not slim and I took a rasp to it and took at least 1/8” off the sides and bottom . I can see the need to have the extra thickness to the foam stock for needed strength. I’ll be making my own wood stock for this rifle. I have a crazy shell grain maple blank I have been saving for the right rifle and this is it.

View attachment 447391

View attachment 447392

View attachment 447393

View attachment 447394

View attachment 447395

View attachment 447396
Nice drawings. You are a really talented artist.

Reactions: Impact701
500mm....I will definitely be getting the carbon fiber 600mm sleeve later on after they hit the market. Just shooting pellets in this. Yeah a question about those mags....will the older mags work that came with the Crown mk2????
Good question.
I imagine the mags will cross over, but Im not 100% certain.
If anything, the new mags just might make the old ones seem obsolete!
I like your choice with the 500 mm barrel too...Short and sweet!
Of coarse, 700mm is another option too.
Keep us posted!

Good question.
I imagine the mags will cross over, but Im not 100% certain.
If anything, the new mags just might make the old ones seem obsolete!
I like your choice with the 500 mm barrel too...Short and sweet!
Of coarse, 700mm is another option too.
Keep us posted!
Unfortunately with this being FedEx it's delayed...now have to wait till after work Friday.
Screenshot_20240321_074359_FedEx.jpg

Unfortunately with this being FedEx it's delayed...now have to wait till after work Friday. View attachment 447442
That must be disapointing.
The good news, is tomorrow is Friday!
Around here, regular mail (USPS) service suddenly has become questionable.
I have had outgoing mail sitting in my mailbox for 2 or 3 days in a row, and it still sitting there, waiting to be picked up.
Wierd!