• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

I'm looking at the DRS 500 classic and i'm thinking lightweight barn/indoor gun? Has anybody tried to tune it down to less than 20fpe?
I think with the medium plenum it should be no problem at 20fpe.

With the sub 12 ftlb plenum you will probably have to increase the reg pressure and hammer spring tension so that the rifle will react very nervously and your shot count will drastically decrease. I would definitely go for the HP plenum.
Just my thought !

Just to mention...

I recently received an email from Krale that the filler plug from the first batch of DRS may no longer be used and that they would send a new one on Monday...but no explanation why.

However, after checking, I quickly found out what the problem could be.

Because this is a brass probe and brass is not exactly the hardest material, I suspect it will probably be replaced by a stainless steel one.

For those who have recently purchased a DRS, do you also have a brass fill probe?

1 photo usually says more than 1000 words ;)

grts
Yves.

View attachment 467412
My probe is brass.

It was a nice calm evening so I took advantage of it and got my DRS sighted in after installing the picatinny scope rail and carbon fiber barrel sleeve.

The 1st thing I noticed was how quiet the carbon fiber barrel sleeve made the rifle. There was a bong noise from the air cylinder/barrel that is now gone.
It was so noticeably quiet that my wife even commented how quiet it was.

The rifle was very accurate without the sleeve but I thought I would give one a try anyway. I am sure glad I did !

Shoot Straight !
Brian
Brian, where did you source the carbon fiber barrel sleeve? Or did it come on your rifle?

Reactions: cwmoss
Brian, where did you source the carbon fiber barrel sleeve? Or did it come on your rifle?
It's the same carbon fiber sleeve that is used on the Impact
20240519_185407.jpg

Screenshot_20240531_090805_Chrome.jpg

Just to mention...

I recently received an email from Krale that the filler plug from the first batch of DRS may no longer be used and that they would send a new one on Monday...but no explanation why.

However, after checking, I quickly found out what the problem could be.

Because this is a brass probe and brass is not exactly the hardest material, I suspect it will probably be replaced by a stainless steel one.

For those who have recently purchased a DRS, do you also have a brass fill probe?

1 photo usually says more than 1000 words ;)

grts
Yves.

View attachment 467412
I just took my DRS out of the shipping box. Found the fill probe in the box and it felt a little rough. I haven’t even filled my gun yet and it’s already getting chewed up. They better offer a stainless one under warranty before they catch a lawsuit when someone’s quick disconnect smacks them in the face while filling. Strike one.

IMG_6024.jpeg

I just took my DRS out of the shipping box. Found the fill probe in the box and it felt a little rough. I haven’t even filled my gun yet and it’s already getting chewed up. They better offer a stainless one under warranty before they catch a lawsuit when someone’s quick disconnect smacks them in the face while filling. Strike one.

View attachment 468898
good eye..yea strike one.

Reactions: Mr.H and Impact701
I was sighting in after a barrel cleansing and my trigger dropped down so I just pulled it out of the gun. The trigger wheel that doesn’t have much tread engagement broke. Hopefully UA will have one. Looks like I’m done for a while. I did get a couple mags out of it. Nice little gun. True featherweight and comfy. JTS 18gr around 870 and Hades around 920fps. My trigger is or was fantastic. No need to upgrade to the match grade trigger. Just need it to stay together. I’m not mad, I’m calling it a fluke. All my Impacts have the exact same trigger part and never an issue. It may have taken a shot on the assembly line.

IMG_6025.jpeg

Well this is when it pays to have a FX you don’t shoot much. Took the part out of my Dreamtac Compact trigger and put it in the DRS. Back in business. But……..here’s something interesting. In the picture you can see all the trigger pins have a grub screw in them on my Dreamtac. That’s so the pins don’t walk. The DRS has threaded holes for the grub screws but not one grub. So the pins just push out. I like the way 2020 FX did things. They were being more proactive then. Skipping 3 cents worth of grub screws seems a little silly.

IMG_6026.jpeg

Reactions: Ezana4CE and qball
Well this is when it pays to have a FX you don’t shoot much. Took the part out of my Dreamtac Compact trigger and put it in the DRS. Back in business. But……..here’s something interesting. In the picture you can see all the trigger pins have a grub screw in them on my Dreamtac. That’s so the pins don’t walk. The DRS has threaded holes for the grub screws but not one grub. So the pins just push out. I like the way 2020 FX did things. They were being more proactive then. Skipping 3 cents worth of grub screws seems a little silly.

View attachment 468955
Maybe that's the upgraded trigger is those grub screws lol

Damn Fed Ex changed the delivery date again! That’s three times now and the package has to be signed for. I got my eye operated on this morning so it would have worked out for the afternoon delivery. Now they want to deliver over noon time tomorrow and I have a 11:30 follow up appointment.
I absolutely hate FedEx. So many times I took time off of work to sign for packages then they don't show and change tracking to the next day.. FedEx sucks. I don't understand why retailers use them. The anticipation and waiting then to be let down is so disappointing.

This stock isn’t the same as the pictures shown on the website. One thing is the added wood extension for length of pull, second the hole for the filler probe is on the left side as the synthetic stocked model.
I could be wrong but I think this is a synthetic stock that was hydro-dipped and has a matching length of pull spacer.

Just a little update because there is another topic going on about slow first shots. My gun came set 2% below the plateau. I am not going to poke my reg with a stick by playing with it. I’m just going to continue shooting it and see if things improve with my first shot. Right now my DRS is competing with my Zbroia for a slot in my safe. The DRS has an advantage because it shoots an 18gr the speed my Zbroia shoots a 16gr. But as of now the DRS is lacking in the first shot category. Just to be clear, I think blowing off a few shots in the dirt before you shoot is absolutely BS. If I had to do it with the seven other brands of guns I own, there might be some validity to it. But I don’t. The DRS had been sitting 24 hours, 837, 853, 859, 864. Target velocity is the 865-870fps range. My Zbroia has been in the safe for six months, 856, 855, 862, 862. Target velocity is 860-865fps. I will give the gun more break in time before I just assume that this is an issue that FX just can’t overcome with their guns. WARNING!!! @MongooseV8 DO NOT LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!!!

IMG_6030.jpeg