Anyone familiar with the Record trigger?

I have an older R9 that i havent shot in atleast 8 years. I gave it a couple of drops of RWS chamber oil in the chamber, and i dabbed a little Tune in a Tube grease on the mainspring. I noticed my spring has a plastic spring guide inside it, so i could only lube it on the exposed side.

My question is this. While putting it back together the rear smaller trigger guard screw spun without catching threads. I took it apart again and sure enough there were no threads for the rear screw in the record unit. Then i found a loose hex bolt on the floor that i found slides into the back of the trigger unit for that screw. It had fallen out without me seeing it. I slid it in and reassembled everything fine.

Is that bolt supposed to be loose like that? Or should it be pinned or welded in place? I probably wont be taking it apart again for a long time, but i wasnt sure if that was normal.

They are crimped in place in the trigger body. You can use a punch and peen it in place and it will never be a problem again. Most don't come loose. 

The old ones were threaded straight through the metal in the trigger housing. Problem was, when someone stripped the threads (and they would) you were screwed. The new design eliminates that since it's a common replaceable nut. 

They are crimped in place in the trigger body. You can use a punch and peen it in place and it will never be a problem again. Most don't come loose. 

The old ones were threaded straight through the metal in the trigger housing. Problem was, when someone stripped the threads (and they would) you were screwed. The new design eliminates that since it's a common replaceable nut.

Agree. The above statement about "crappy design" is badly off base, IMO.