• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Anyone excited about the FX wildcat mk2 COMPACT

Here are a few tidbits, jclee.

143c6992350a0951bd65a87caeaf525d.jpg

For Immediate Release: January 18, 2018
All new shorter .25 Cal FX Wildcat MKII Compact
Available February 2018

The robust FX Wildcat MKII Compact is the perfect answer to many shooters desire for a more compact .25 caliber FX airgun without sacrificing power. The MKII Compact was conceived and built with the hunter in mind. It takes all the power of the standard .25 caliber Wildcat, reduces its length and weight to the more compact and well-balanced size of the .22 caliber Wildcat.Picatinny rails have been added both for the scope mount as well as an accessory rail. To keep things quiet, a 5” moderator has also been included. The result is nothing short of spectacular. 47 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy from a compact bullpup weighing in at just 6.25 lbs. and just 26” in length (31” long with the moderator).Much like the standard Wildcat MKII, the Compact features the new FX Interchangeable Barrel system. This system (as first introduced on the FX Crown) allows shooters to upgrade the standard FX Smooth Twist Barrel that comes with the Compact to an upgraded Smooth Twist X Barrel of their desired twist rate and specifications. It gives airgunners the ability to shoot a wider variety of slugs and pellets to suit their individual needs.The FX Wildcat MKII Compact is a phenomenal option for such a well-priced, premium bullpup. It is a perfectly proportionate, light and whisper quiet gun; yet it still remains an incredibly powerful airgun that is an ideal companion for an early morning game hunt or for turning heads at your local shooting range.
  • Just 26.5” in length (31” w/ included moderator) and weighing just 6.25 lbs.
  • Shorter length without sacrificing power. Able to reach 47 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy
  • Includes a Picatinny scope rail and accessory rail under the forearm
  • Optional 5” sound moderator included
  • Ships in a reinforced FX hardcase
  • Features the FX Interchangeable Barrel system which allows an upgrade to the FX Smooth Twist X Barrel
  • Additional 500mm .25 cal FX Smooth Twist X Barrel liners of varying twist and bore specifications will become available March 2018

"hollowpoint"Did you get an estimate on when the compact will ship?
I'm really curious about the shot count with the smaller air cylinder, and if there is a noticable difference in performance out to say, 75 yards, with the shorter barrel compared to the standard length .25 Wildcat.

Yea I’m wondering about that too. More air needed to push pellet down shorter barrel. Wasted air might cause pellet turbulence causing inaccuracy. Louder and shorter shot count, which I can live with 

"hollowpoint"Did you get an estimate on when the compact will ship?
I'm really curious about the shot count with the smaller air cylinder, and if there is a noticable difference in performance out to say, 75 yards, with the shorter barrel compared to the standard length .25 Wildcat.
Hollowpoint. 

Great minds think alike. Seems everyone is jumping on tbe band wagon for tbe compact .25 and the .22 without thinking it through. There are obvious sacrafices with the MKII. Namely the shot count and accuracy. Just like you said, shorter barrel getting the same FPE comes at more air output. Meaning fewer shots. Shorter barrel means less accuracy and range. So yes there are trade offs. This is a niche that will fit guys wanting a .25 Wildcat, that dont mind a few less shots and less accuracy and range.......dang. Whats the point of this thing then......? Not like it comes with the X barrel standard. Still have to upgrade it. 

It has a legitimate place for hunters who usually hunt in thick, dense cover. They're willing to compromise a dab of performance in the interest of maneuverability in the thicket. For those who hunt in the open, greater length and power and shot count and long range accuracy are what's important. For me, I prefer the longer version. But for the thicket, I'd prefer the shorter one. It's all good, man!

Neither do I have a problem with the new gun coming with the original Smooth Twist barrel. I don't wish to give up the accuracy of the Smooth Twist barrel while shooting the pellets for which the Smooth Twist barrels have been optimized. For slugs and other ammo, then I can order the appropriate Twist X barrel. Again, it's all good, man!

FX has definitely been listening to their customers and have responded wonderfully to them. What's not to like about that?

Here's another case of FX's appropriate response to their customers: They're offering a 700mm length barrel for the Impact. I'm willing to give up some maneuverability for a bit longer and more powerful and longer range coyote killer. Now I want an Impact more than ever. With the increased power of the longer barrel, now the Impact can compete favorably against my AirForce Condor. I LIKE THAT!

I'm glad FX did the short .25, but not super excited. I still think a .22 with 70 shot count trumps over a .25 with 30 shots. (I hate carrying buddy bottles.) The best combination would be a .22 with Xtwist barrel made for the heavier 25 grain JSB Mosters Redesigned, or JSB Beasts. It makes for a much better BC and will extend the range close to the .25's in the wind, but still keep an acceptable shot count.

Well I bought a new Wildcat first of Oct 2016. I can’t speak to the Crown. I have had nothing but trouble with it. Gun was 1 month old when the problems started. I don’t think this will go unedited by the owner AGN, but here is what has happened.
For starters it had a problem with the barrel, it was chemically welded to the muzzle air stripper/shroud which boogered up the threads. No amount of head would release it. Then the rear shroud adapter grub screw was not tight, and marked the heck out of my barrel when it rotated. For some reason the regulator became erratic and so I had to replace that, so I waited for a month for a new regulator which seamed to be on back order permanenty. Then I ordered a HUMA from Huub, which took a week to get to my door. Then the magazine idexer stoped working I have to help it to close the cocking lever. Ever thing is loctited on this gun including the multitude of the tiny 3mm screws. Which strip with just tiny amount torque. Then there is the brass rear barrel support that gets eat up by the barrel locking screw. All this was refused warranty even though the gun was only 2 months old. I have been waiting for parts over 2 months I had to pay for the parts. Ordered fist of December it is now February. That is from the NC. FX America site. I’m not buying anything FX again. What I have is a 1400.00 none shooter. I shoot my guns a lot and this has less than a tin of pellets through it, 
Waiting
CH

WOW! You can't make that stuff up! You ordered an airgun to operate as advertised out of the box and shoot. We don't choke up that kind of cash to rebuild or build a gun in that manner. We have a beyond the shadow of a doubt expectation that we have paid the builders very well (in the vast majority of people's opinion) to receive a gun that shoots as advertised.What is the reasoning behind you having to pay for parts and rebuild the rifle when taking the shroud off is necessary to clean out the lead dust? I wonder if the chemical(s) used to "weld" the shroud spilled over and ruined all the parts that are not functioning properly and the screws that won't unscrew. Is there a warranty for FX airguns? Sorry if I sound like an interrogator But it's not directed at you. I just get fired up about simple to understand situations like yours being treated unrighteously.

One, your not supposed to take the gun apart to clean it. That was ruled my fault. Two, your not supposed take the shroud off ore remove the barrel. That was my fault. Not sure about the mag registration problem, it mybe covered. The regulator was also my fault, the Belleville washer got misaligned which caused it to become erratic. Every little thing on these FX guns needs be sent back to have them fixed. So your gun will spend weeks back for warranty work + shipping then a week to come back other wise no warranty. My Wildcat would have spent 75% of the time going back and forth across the country where it could really been damage or worse lost for ever not counting the shipping cost with insurance for 1400.00 air rifle. I have an M1A1 civilian M14 national match I paid 100.00 less for that will shoot 10” groups at 1000 yards, it is 15 yr old and never been in the shop for repair. Last yes they do have a warranty, that is only if they deem it was not your fault. If you need parts forget that it’s 2 months and counting. Just got a email last week saying maybe next parts shipment I ordered fist of Dec. I have the Emails and all corospondance and dates if you want to see them.
Ask Chuck on here how parts orders for FX guns go. Just think how long your gun would be in for warranty work if they don’t have the part in stock, which they never do.
CH

"Kayakairgun"Can you turn the power up and down on the wildcat? If your going to swap barrel lines for heaver pellets and slugs but cant up the power for flat shooting then whats the point.
You can adjust the factory regulator on the Wildcat (which turns the "power up and down"). The rifle needs to be broken apart to access the regulator though.

From what I read from others post on tuning there wildcat, impact, and other FX airguns to shoot JSB heaveys in 25 at higher speed was challenging. Seems they could only increase speed by only 50 FPS or so. Airforce condor in 25 can shoot slugs and heavy pellets hot, fast, and flat shooting. I feel unless you can really turn the power up slugs are going to shoot like a rainbow.

As an FX owner I speak from experience when I say that these are delicate guns.
They require maintenance, and quite a bit of it.
Set your trigger the way you want it, it backs out and youre adjusting again.
This is common on ALL FX guns. FX has never come to the brilliant conclusion that a set screw is needed in the trigger grouping.
I've seen Wildcats with the internals crapped. Bent trigger grouping parts from normal usage. Rods coming loose, index arms not indexing correctly or scratching up the magazine.
Gun must be level for the gun to index properly, Magazines flying out. Hammer springs moving and adjusting themselves out of the blue. Breech O-rings can last 1000 shots or 100 shots on this gun. Misaligned pellet probes. I went through mine and corrected all of this. Once corrected, It is super accurate and it is a nice looking gun.
They are simple to work on. But alas, I will never own another FX gun. If this is what you get for 1400.00, there are much better options.
On top of that, these X barrel liners that everyone is so hyped up about? This is nothing more than making the manufacture of FX guns cheaper.
You can make 5 barrel liners with the metal it takes to make one barrel. So as we can see it's more about corporate profit. Not some space aged ingenious technological advancement in barrel making. They have been around for a very long time. When smooth Twist barrels came to fruition, FX paraded it around with market propaganda like it was the best thing since sliced bread. That was a breakthrough in barrels as it is indeed an excellent airgun barrel. Then they turned right around, cheapened everything up, and gave us barrel liners while telling us , " THIS is the latest greatest thing." I will believe that when you can't take one of these fragile liners and using one finger on each hand, bending it across your knee with very little effort. The next thing coming from FX will be aluminum hex head screws throughout the build while convincing us, this makes the gun lighter and easier to handle. No thanks. No more FX guns for me.