• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone ever use electronic calls or decoys for shooting crows and magpies?

Killahog, how many shots do you usually get off before they skin out? +1 on your calling technique, thats pretty much the way I run my call also. Im not sure if you’re picking a tree in a field, I’m limited to staying in the woods due to a lack of good trees in fields. They seem to be more comfortable and ready to fight when in the woods as opposed to calling in the fields. I also painted some one liter pop bottles black and throw them on the ground under the tree I have my call by. It seems to help.

I would say on average I can shoot 2 but have killed as many as 6. A lot of it depends on if you hit one with each shot, the one going down distracts them but if you miss the sound it a little bit louder and the scatter. I always call them from inside the woods . I would say mastering the dying crow call is the key. Maybe you can find what it sounds like on you tube. 

3 is the most I’ve gotten at one sit, but I usually get quite a few shots. The crows in my neck of the woods won’t stay put long, so I’ve made quite a few perfect shots on a crow that’s no longer there. I save the dying crow for when their starting to leave the area, and every now and then I can get another one to come back and give me a shot. It’s hard to have more fun than hunting in this fashion.