• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone ever shot scorpions?

I found one while I was outside doing a quick test on a PCP rifle. It turns out just the air blast from a .22 caliber PCP at a couple of inches from the target is enough to just about make a scorpion return to the atomic level. There was no sign of it.
Yeah I have an old Crosman 760 Pumpmaster that I keep around the house to dispatch flies and other crawlies with just the air blast at near point blank range. I'll bet that might work on scorpions as well.

In October 1985, I was at the N.T.C. in Ft. Irwin, CA. I walked around the camp at night with some PVS-5 night vision goggles with the tiny built-in illuminator on and I could not believe all the scorpions I saw! I was very surprised after that, that there weren't more people being stung, though I was told that it happened occasionally. If I lived where there was scorpions, I would definitely be shooting them on the regular, and using whatever method available to keep them at bay. However, I have noticed that the population of all kinds of critters, good and bad, has really tumbled the last couple of decades. We are all getting too good at eliminating everything, ... but Starlings, there are always too many Starlings!