• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone ever shot scorpions?

After years of never seeing one anywhere in this state, my husband and I found three this summer. Two small bark scorpions (the worst kind), and one big desert hairy scorpion. One of the bark scorpions was INdoors.

The bark scorpions are hard to see; the hairy scorpion is bigger, with a large black/dark midsection. I hope these three are the only ones we encounter, but...it made me wonder about shooting one. I assume a .177 will be plenty enough to kill it, at any distance close enough that I’d actually notice one.

Have you ever pelletized a scorpion? I consider this equivalent to killing dangerous insects in or near the home—no legal restrictions apply.

Scorpion.jpg

Went looking for scorpions on vacation this year in Utah/AZ. I knew they glowed under UV, but surprised me at how brightly they fluoresced. They did seem to be aware of the UV light though (they started scurrying away as soon as they were lit up.)

View attachment 385410
Went looking for scorpions on vacation this year in Utah/AZ. I knew they glowed under UV, but surprised me at how brightly they fluoresced. They did seem to be aware of the UV light though (they started scurrying away as soon as they were lit up.)
Now THAT is an interesting data point. Thanks

We don’t have any scorpions where I live so I don’t know much about them. Are their bodies to tough for a Bug a Salt gun to be effective? I use one of those on our local black widows and it does the job just fine.
Kenny
bug-a-salt would just make them mad !!! i have one and it works great for things with wings.
just corrupt the wing function and apply the foot..... :sneaky:

There is nothing soft about air soft, they'll shred an aluminum can at 25'. Wear goggles if inside. I'm wondering if one of those jell guns would work, or a hammer.
If I find another one indoors, I can put down a piece of sticky paper with glue that holds rats trapped by their feet. It works on crickets and centipedes, too. The stuff is horribly tenacious. I know because I dropped an unused piece upside down on the concrete garage floor. Nothing cleaned it off, though it dried into a nonsticky stain.

The one I already found inside, I wadded up a couple of of paper towels and grabbed it inside that, then dumped into the toilet. It was alive, but probably not after I flushed the toilet. Twice.

Maybe dangling a strip of Gorilla tape on its stinger would disable that part. Then wrap the entire scorpion in a du t tape mummy tomb.

Blowgun with blunts for me or a slingshot shooting rice for bugs. Never used on a scorpion but should do the job. I used a blowgun and blunts to shoot some wasps in the kitchen. When I started hitting plates and such, my wife got mad and threw me out of the kitchen. She then used a newspaper. She has never understood the sport of hunting. Anyway have some fun with them.