Anyone else using silicone spray to lubricate their shoebox comp. pistons?

I do not keep a record how long my compressor runs but I am convinced my current set of piston o-rings are over 120 plus hours, the pistons stay remarkably cool, and there is absolutely no mess!! I Love this stuff!!

I used to use white lithium grease but I constantly had a thin, grey build-up on the pistons, and then the pistons would run hot, and 50-80 hours in the seals would start leaking! Back to rebuilding those pistons 

I have used silicone spray for the last two months, just a tiny spray every 10 hours or so, and the results are truly marvellous!!

What are your comments guys, anyone else try this yet? or better yet, what ARE you using to lubricate your shoebox pistons?

"addertooth"Silicone spray scares me; try holding a lighter in front of the spray (outside). If you get a fireball, then you are risking your pump "dieseling", which could be very dramatic.
If he is spraying on the roods and letting it dry a better test would be to spray it on to the ground, let it dry and then put a flame to it and see if it ignites.