• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone else rocking an LPVO?

Here you go. First a close-up.

P4160004.1650178891.JPG

And some shots propped-up on a bipod. 

P4160008.1650178952.JPG

P4160010.1650178963.JPG

The proprietary mount would be too high for me. I could rig up a cheek riser but I like to change optics around & would prefer no riser unless I made the riser easy to clip on & off.

Turns out if you use a Burris XTR 34mm ring in front with a certain size insert & a 30mm in back, also with a certain sized insert, it can be mounted at my preferred height & have some MOA slope. But then no QR. There is some company selling these as sets so you don't have duplicate rings.

Burris makes that adjustable moa ring insert system in a cantilever and QR style of mount, so you can set it up and change guns with the scope easily. They are not terribly expensive to experiment with either.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-ar-pepr-z-qd-riflescope-mounts.html

The proprietary mount would be too high for me. I could rig up a cheek riser but I like to change optics around & would prefer no riser unless I made the riser easy to clip on & off.

Turns out if you use a Burris XTR 34mm ring in front with a certain size insert & a 30mm in back, also with a certain sized insert, it can be mounted at my preferred height & have some MOA slope. But then no QR. There is some company selling these as sets so you don't have duplicate rings.

Burris makes that adjustable moa ring insert system in a cantilever and QR style of mount, so you can set it up and change guns with the scope easily. They are not terribly expensive to experiment with either.

That mount won't fit the 1-8 & 1-10 Shorty models. But a good choice for my other LPVOs with more normal configurations.

That mount won't fit the 1-8 & 1-10 Shorty models. But a good choice for my other LPVOs with more normal configurations.

After enlarging the pictures of your setup, I see that a conventional mount would've been a problem. The size difference in the front tube of those March shorty scopes definitely requires a proprietary mount if not using a robust single place unit like you are doing. 

After enlarging the pictures of your setup, I see that a conventional mount would've been a problem. The size difference in the front tube of those March shorty scopes definitely requires a proprietary mount if not using a robust single place unit like you are doing.

Took my son out shooting this morning. So far he prefers red dot sights. The scope he finds a little awkward, hunting for the eye-box. He's still getting used to holding guns, and the basic postures you use. And he has a hard time with iron sights. 

As a kid, I don't think I ever shot a gun with anything other than iron sights. 

So far the mount has been able to maintain zero, after removing it and putting it back on. It was advertised to be capable of this (and I was a little skeptical) but so far it's been good. I don't mind adjusting zero after re-mounting the scope.

I have a Scalarworks mount for a red-dot sight as well, and it similarly has been maintaining zero between mounts. 

Reactions: DaveSa