• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone else rocking an LPVO?

I really liked the Immersive. If the rumored longer eye relief versions come out I'll almost certainly own one. Likely in 5x24 for the greater depth of field over the 5x30. Since it would be for a Classic Leshiy I'd want that extra eye relief. 

If I keep my Prod then the current 5x24 would work well.

For the money the one I had was great. Good glass & had the least tube like effect of any scope I've looked through. Slight ring around the edges but the FOV was so wide you had to look for it.

If it matters, it was definitely not a two eyes open sight for me. I know some of the short eye relief ACOGs work well for two eyes open so I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm guessing something to do with the FOV relative to the magnification.

3XZbdWv - Imgur.1649523320.jpg

Gun: Edgun L2 250mm .22 cal

Scope: March D10V24TI (1-10x)

Mount: Scalarworks LEAP 07

I just got the scope last month (during the sale) after agonizing over choices for weeks. I considered pretty much everything mentioned in this thread and very nearly pulled the trigger on a Delta Stryker. This thing was a lot more but it checked all the boxes and I can use it with other guns too.

I originally put it in a Larue LT104 but I couldn't mount it far back enough without the QD levers interfering with the gun's folding action so I put it in this LEAP 07 (today!) It is perfect for me now and as you can see there is plenty of room to move it forwards and backwards for other shooters.

Thinking about a Spartan Javelin Lite bipod next...

I really liked the Immersive. If the rumored longer eye relief versions come out I'll almost certainly own one. Likely in 5x24 for the greater depth of field over the 5x30. Since it would be for a Classic Leshiy I'd want that extra eye relief. 

If I keep my Prod then the current 5x24 would work well.

For the money the one I had was great. Good glass & had the least tube like effect of any scope I've looked through. Slight ring around the edges but the FOV was so wide you had to look for it.

If it matters, it was definitely not a two eyes open sight for me. I know some of the short eye relief ACOGs work well for two eyes open so I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm guessing something to do with the FOV relative to the magnification.

I was definitely eyeing the Immersive before I got the MTC's.. I had read that the viper connect scopes were one eye scopes as well but I haven't found that to be the case with me anyway. I'm really digging the FOV as well.. Too bad Immersive doesn't have a bigger presence in the US. 

I just got the scope last month (during the sale) after agonizing over choices for weeks. I considered pretty much everything mentioned in this thread and very nearly pulled the trigger on a Delta Stryker. This thing was a lot more but it checked all the boxes and I can use it with other guns too.

I originally put it in a Larue LT104 but I couldn't mount it far back enough without the QD levers interfering with the gun's folding action so I put it in this LEAP 07 (today!) It is perfect for me now and as you can see there is plenty of room to move it forwards and backwards for other shooters.

@peebrainz

Which reticle did you get for that March 1-10X? Also, is the illumination daytime bright? BTW, nice setup for that 250mm L2 you have there.

I've been trying a few of the LPVO's lately. It is hard to get one that checks all the boxes without spending a lot of money though. For the price versus size, the Athlon Helos 2-12×42, FFP with side focus, is a great buy, and only a couple of inches longer than most true LPVO scope footprints.

The Nightforce NX8 1-8×24 is small and perfect in all respects except for the maximum power could be bigger. I'd love it in a 10+ magnifying range and would buy another if they up the power, even in the pricier ATACR line if they put a tactical turret on it.

I have a couple Atibal 1-10×30's and like them as well. The 35mm tube is so big the scope looks short. Just last month Atibal came out with a new game changing LPVO scope with 1-12 power, side focus, and sporting a Christmas tree reticle. The one thing that is wrong with these scopes it the illumination. At dusk and beyond the scope is useless with illumination on. It makes the whole a ope red and you can't see through it. Illuminated during the day is fine though; it's just too bright at night.

Last edited:
I cannot get used to LPVO, and I am glad I did not spend bigger bucks for the 1-6. I like the horseshoe reticle but hate the low power and a finicky parallax.

I have also the Immersive 14x50, I like that magnification way better, also that glass is crisp clear.

I am shooting in my gun club only and you can barely find me at any shorter then 50 meters ranges, but usually 100 and up.

I like high power scopes, 10-50 is a decent power and my Falcon X50 is an impressive glass. Couple days ago I ran into a guy who is selling a T50 I may buy it for my L2.

I'm doing the same thing. Have one on the way for the Huben as well.

Nice! I tried one of those MTC's once. Zero eye relief, but a massive FOV! Kinda made me dizzy ;)

I have an Immersive Optics prismatic that has almost no eye relief. I liked it before my first ground squirrel hunt after that I loved it. It has a huge field of view, but that is not the only thing that makes target acquisition easy. With the zero eye relief I put the bell touching the inside corner of my brow so every time I instantly get the exact cheek weld as every other time. No moving the head forward a little or backward a little to obtain that full field of view. No more concentrating on making sure my eye is centered on the objective to eliminate parallax shift. I just bring the scope to where it is touching that part of my brow and I am good to go. By the way my IO prismatic is a fixed (all prismatics are) 10x, but the field of view is so large you can still acquire targets that are close without trouble.

@peebrainz

Which reticle did you get for that March 1-10X? Also, is the illumination daytime bright? BTW, nice setup for that 250mm L2 you have there.

05361812-B8E4-495D-9A57-F3D7E2929366.1649641070.jpeg

The illumination is not very bright. It is intended for low light use. Ive read that it’s much brighter on the shorty models.

The DOT in my March DFP 1-10x28 with DR1 reticle is daylight bright but the rest of the reticle isn't illuminated. I probably have the brighter version of March's illume module options but I got it used so I'm not sure about that.

@peebrainz

The illumination is not very bright. It is intended for low light use. Ive read that it’s much brighter on the shorty models.

The DOT in my March DFP 1-10x28 with DR1 reticle is daylight bright but the rest of the reticle isn't illuminated. I probably have the brighter version of March's illume module options but I got it used so I'm not sure about that.

That must be one of the shorty models with the dual reticle? What’s it mounted on and how do you like it?

I've been looking at the March LPVO's. I don't think the one shown in this picture is the dual reticle shorty with the side parallax. This looks like the original version that's a bit less compact and can use normal rings. I believe it also has a fixed parallax (or magnification based parallax) which I kind of like for the quick LPVO style.

All these years I brushed off LPVO's because they didn't have an adjustable parallax. But in all honesty, majority of my shooting is 50y or less. At low magnification I can get a perfectly clean sight picture at less than 10y. At higher magnification (6x) I can get a perfectly clean sight picture at 50y. It isn't until 7x at 50y that the parallax comes into play. But it looks perfectly clear beginning at about 65y. FWIW - I can hit a 1'' square target every time at 50y. But IMO LPVO aren't made for shooting fly's at 10y or 100y.

@peebrainz - what is the minimum distance you can use full magnification at? 

-Michael

The Nightforce NX8 1-8×24 is small and perfect in all respects except for the maximum power could be bigger. I'd love it in a 10+ magnifying range and would buy another if they up the power, even in the pricier ATACR line if they put a tactical turret on it.

I've also been eye balling the NightForce NX8 1-8x24. What is the minimum distance you can use full magnification at? 

-Michael

Hi Micheal , I see you have both march and Dedal LVPO , Which has a more forgiving eyebox and which of the 2 is one you like to use most ? I never tried either of them but have and own Razor3 , swfa 1x6 , bushnell 1.5x8 ect , I find LVPO is more suited to my type of air gunning close range as well , I mean the hi mag scopes great but in reality hunting it is very hard to find your target plus they always big and heavy for airguns

LOU

@peebrainz

That must be one of the shorty models with the dual reticle? What’s it mounted on and how do you like it?

Its on a AR-15 and yes its the super short version with dual reticle.

Nothing is perfect but this is as good as I've found, not much to not like about it. If I ever need to I'll put it on a AG but I have the Athlon Helos G 2 2-12's I normally use.

Hi Micheal , I see you have both march and Dedal LVPO , Which has a more forgiving eyebox and which of the 2 is one you like to use most ? I never tried either of them but have and own Razor3 , swfa 1x6 , bushnell 1.5x8 ect , I find LVPO is more suited to my type of air gunning close range as well , I mean the hi mag scopes great but in reality hunting it is very hard to find your target plus they always big and heavy for airguns

LOU

Hi Lou

I only own 2 LPVO's at the moment. Dedal DHF 1-7x FFP & Delta Stryker HD 1-6x SFP. Both have very good eye relief, and a forgiving eye box. The DHF has better glass. It's crystal clear all the way to the edges on mix/max power. The Stryker has a tiny bit of blur at the edges on 1x, but not on 6x. The Stryker has a little wider FOV on 1x, but a narrower field of view on 6x (compared to the DHF). Both have daylight bright illumination. The Stryker has a simple mil-dot reticle where only the dot illuminates. The DHF has a mil-dot reticle with an aiming mark circle. The dot and circle are daylight bright, the lines are hash marks are slightly illuminated. I prefer the reticle of the DHF.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 11.02.27 AM.1649779474.png

That being said, from everything I've read the Stryker HD performs well above it's price (based on some of the attributes I listed above). I'm just not as confident using a SFP scope and holdovers.

I've also been eye balling the NightForce NX8 1-8x24. What is the minimum distance you can use full magnification at? 

-Michael

I've been looking at the March LPVO's. I don't think the one shown in this picture is the dual reticle shorty with the side parallax. This looks like the original version that's a bit less compact and can use normal rings. I believe it also has a fixed parallax (or magnification based parallax) which I kind of like for the quick LPVO style.

All these years I brushed off LPVO's because they didn't have an adjustable parallax. But in all honesty, majority of my shooting is 50y or less. At low magnification I can get a perfectly clean sight picture at less than 10y. At higher magnification (6x) I can get a perfectly clean sight picture at 50y. It isn't until 7x at 50y that the parallax comes into play. But it looks perfectly clear beginning at about 65y. FWIW - I can hit a 1'' square target every time at 50y. But IMO LPVO aren't made for shooting fly's at 10y or 100y.

-Michael

-Michael

Correct, the pictured scope is SFP, not dual reticle. I just tested on shortest focus setting, with 10x magnification, the image is perfectly sharp when the objective lens is almost exactly 6 feet away.

-Michael

-Michael

-Michael

Correct, the pictured scope is SFP, not dual reticle. I just tested on shortest focus setting, with 10x magnification, the image is perfectly sharp when the objective lens is almost exactly 6 feet away.

just fyi, since you have the leap mount, there are magnets at home depot that fit pretty well in the thumb screws for holding spare mags.