• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Anyone else own a Benjamin Discovery .22

HI

A wheelchair-bound vet friend wants to sell me a Benjamin Discovery rifle for use in paralyzed Veteran shooting competitions. I could never pump it up unless it was adapted for me. Any feedback about these Air rifles would be great. I am a collector more than a shooter. The rifle is NNIB and I might buy it just to try PCPs -- I am a devoted springer guy.

I own a few airguns but no PCPs, I looked at an Air Venturi Avenger but never acted on the desire. Then my friend offered this AG.

Owned and built probably 20 of them in some form or fashion. They're great guns, and fairly accurate with the factory barrels. Easy to fix and maintain... and customize.

If air is a problem, get a carbon fiber bottle and have it filled by a dive shop, or maybe a local fire station. Sometimes those guys will do it free of charge... being a disabled veteran would definitely help sway their judgement in your favor I'm sure.

The fire station may even have an old 45 minute breathing air tank they could sell or give you. Just need a regulator and fill whip for it, and you'd be in business. Could tether to the gun, and shoot for hours and the gauge will barely move. Plenty of fills for that gun at a fill pressure of 2000 psi.