Anyone else miss FX USA

Remember the good ol days? A direct phone number and a relatively short wait and you were talking to a tech about your issue. They were always and I mean always patient and helpful. I remember being told to not worry about bugging them. They liked shooters who tinkered and fixed their on guns and would always help.
Try that now. I am wondering if the “best service in the industry” defense we FX shooters use will remain valid.
I am not definitely done buying FX or dealing with UA, but my consideration of other guns is getting more serious. Maybe not such a bad thing

Remember the good ol days? A direct phone number and a relatively short wait and you were talking to a tech about your issue. They were always and I mean always patient and helpful. I remember being told to not worry about bugging them. They liked shooters who tinkered and fixed their on guns and would always help.
Try that now. I am wondering if the “best service in the industry” defense we FX shooters use will remain valid.
I am not definitely done buying FX or dealing with UA, but my consideration of other guns is getting more serious. Maybe not such a bad thing
Yes LOL . I just do not want to get in the pooh side of things haha .

I was hoping that Utah would take up the torch with the online presence that was so awesome . I doubt that will happen but we shall see . They had staff who were assigned to the forums here to direct people to the techs or pr that was quite frankly spoiling a lot of people haha .

It was definitely a sales booster if nothing else . I have also noticed how appreciative everyone is of the other vendors that put this into play . when they contact us here on the forums it is definitely a much appreciated act . They win customer support in a amazing way by doing this . I favor them with my wallet haha.

I also have enjoyed the adventure of other brands but base most of my purchases on availability of parts , ease of access to said parts , and customer service nowadays .

I have also thinned down the huge number of fx pcp's I own to a very low level and can't gain interest of yet in the newer ones haha . Just me of course .

But yea I miss the online presence we got used too alot .

:coffee::giggle:

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I am glad that you had an enjoyable experience and hope that is all you ever get with them. :cool: I also hope they assign a person or two to monitor customers and fellow air-gunners here on the forums . I can wish in one hand and pooh in the other as well haha . Time will tell . It always does . I wish them the best and have dealt with them in the past on many occasions lol .

I was, meaning I’m not now, really tinkering with a couple different FX actions. Dreamline being one and a Streamline being the other. I bought allot of different parts trying different things. It was a lot of fun, because it was easy. The people were awesome, always friendly, knew me by name. Never had a question they couldn’t answer. And parts were cheap. With UA, nope. None of those things. I hate to say it, but I was spoiled. Now I would just rather not buy parts from UA. I like UA, have the shirt, bought aftermarket from them. But FX factory parts, nope. Prices are over the top and haven’t had a pleasant conversation yet. So, my fun with building custom FX platforms is probably done. I’m just enjoy the ones I have.

I was, meaning I’m not now, really tinkering with a couple different FX actions. Dreamline being one and a Streamline being the other. I bought allot of different parts trying different things. It was a lot of fun, because it was easy. The people were awesome, always friendly, knew me by name. Never had a question they couldn’t answer. And parts were cheap. With UA, nope. None of those things. I hate to say it, but I was spoiled. Now I would just rather not buy parts from UA. I like UA, have the shirt, bought aftermarket from them. But FX factory parts, nope. Prices are over the top and haven’t had a pleasant conversation yet. So, my fun with building custom FX platforms is probably done. I’m just enjoy the ones I have.
Like I was saying time will tell ! lol I can appreciate the honesty and have thinned my herd as well . We shall see who knows ???? I agree pricing blew my mind as well . They are in it to make money I am sure and that's cool . It will just be less of mine as well from now own until things change or NOT I don't care either way . I will continue to have fun in the way that best suits me and hope others do the same . 🤷‍♂️:coffee:

Yes, I do miss FX-USA.

But, Newman Buck used to work for them and also has his own air gun repair business “910 Airguns.” He fixed and/or tuned my FX Boss .25/.30 and helped me numerous times with FX Chrono and Royale 400 .22 questions.

He is excellent technically and I highly recommend him.

As a retailer UA is very good. I use them quite a bit.
The access to a tech is what I miss. I have made three attempts to talk with a tech @ UA, was told they would call me back all three times. I was never called back.
I assume the addition of being a distributor has them over loaded right now. I am hoping that when they have made all the necessary adjustments that things will be close to what it once was.

I sure do. Utah Air has done a good job in ramping up to the task. Just yesterday, I needed a part for a non-FX gun that several iterations have been out for a couple years. You have to call the dealer. No exploded views, no parts list, nothing. How do you even know what part to order? Who else has decent US based parts and service-no one. FX Masterclass videos gave me the confidence to take on routine maintenance of my PCP's. What other PCP manufacturer has done more for airgunners? NONE What do other dealers tell you? Send the gun back to us, at $200+ in freight and insurance both ways. If the carrier does not destroy it, your gun may be repaired. I'm done dealing with manufacturers who do not have US based parts, service and support. Notice I said decent US based parts and service. When US airgunners will go overseas before going to a US dealer, that says it all.

Yes, I do miss FX-USA.

But, Newman Buck used to work for them and also has his own air gun repair business “910 Airguns.” He fixed and/or tuned my FX Boss .25/.30 and helped me numerous times with FX Chrono and Royale 400 .22 questions.

He is excellent technically and I highly recommend him.
He is also authorized for warranty repair too.

Reactions: Airgun Al
wow cmatera your post vanished quickly lol 🤯😕:eek:

======================

Edited here =

cmatera post.PNG

Lol ok I figured it out now you blocked me hahaha . How can I like you post now :giggle:

I have never blocked anyone and never will .

Have a great day! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun Al