Anyone else disappointed with the DonnyFl Fatboy 2.0?

I own several different moderators from DonnyFl, ranging from the Tanto all the way up to the Emperor. All have done what I've expected them to do---until now.

I bought a Fatboy 2.0 for my new FX Wildcat 22 BT compact. I thought the shortness of the Fatboy and it's diameter would be a 'perfect' match for my little compact rifle.

Boy was I wrong. I feel ripped off. It's LOUD when compared to even the little Tanto. I have both a Sumo and Tanto in 22/25 and they are much more effective.

Dramatically so.

I'm curious if others that purchased the Fatboy 2.0 out there are disappointed as me.

I used the 22/25 insert rather than the 177/22 to avoid any possible clipping. I'll try the other insert tomorrow and see if it makes any difference, but I seriously doubt it.

I own several different moderators from DonnyFl, ranging from the Tanto all the way up to the Emperor. All have done what I've expected them to do---until now.

I bought a Fatboy 2.0 for my new FX Wildcat 22 BT compact. I thought the shortness of the Fatboy and it's diameter would be a 'perfect' match for my little compact rifle.

Boy was I wrong. I feel ripped off. It's LOUD when compared to even the little Tanto. I have both a Sumo and Tanto in 22/25 and they are much more effective.

Dramatically so.

I'm curious if others that purchased the Fatboy 2.0 out there are disappointed as me.

I used the 22/25 insert rather than the 177/22 to avoid any possible clipping. I'll try the other insert tomorrow and see if it makes any difference, but I seriously doubt it.

Same here.👌🏾

Interested to read about the next day when the correct .177/22 insert is used ? the size of the end hole in the moderator has a LOT to do with sound heard and .25 pellet is much larger than a .22 

I wonder if G Leadhead would also try a piece of blue painters tape covering the exit hole and just shoot thru it , i have done that and you end up with less sound escaping .

I was also surprised that it didn't "moderate" as well as any of the other DonnyFL moderators I have, and I even tried it with the extension. I found the Tanto to deaden the report more than the Fat Boy 2.0, even after adding the extension. Plus, after adding the extension and muzzle break, the thing was huge! Quite honesly, I have had much better luck with the Huma Air MOD 30 and MOD 40 LDCs, and they are sectional, so you can tailor them to your individual needs by simply adding or removing small sections. I have the smallest configuration of a MOD 30 (just the base and end cap) on my Ataman AP-16 and it's just as effective as a Tanto, and it's only 2" long compared to 5"-6" long Tanto!

I have a Fat Boy with the extension and the muzzle break. The only benefit I see to it is the multi caliber capability. Why can't we get the other models with that? After a certain point of adding parts, you may as well just get say a Ronin and be done with it. As usual, the only ones not disappointed are the reviewers who are afraid of not getting more free stuff if they tell the truth.

On my ataman I switched from the tanto to the fx and I'm very pleased with sound and look.

20220409_083545.1650980585.jpg

It's not a quiet moderator, but it takes out just enough bark. More of a looks cool thing especially if you have the muzzle brake...which I'm pretty sure makes it louder 😂 That's the expectation I had for it though...and I have two of em (thanks for the second one FL!). Lol

If I want pesting quiet, I pull out the Ronin or koi. 

When I shoot NRL, I actually like that I can hear it a little more vs being mouse fart quiet.