Anyone else confused by the new FX...

Accessories or products announcement? 

I get it...but don't get it at the same time. 

I suppose we'll just have to wait for the super long sponsored post. For a hot min, I thought FX bought ST.

Barrel kit with tensioner with 1:14 twist bc pushing .22 heavy slugs fast, sucks. Edit--rumor is not just .22 kits (yay!)

Power block--yahoo! Can be bought sep and sounds reasonable. 

Big hammers--cool, need moar hammer. Hope they're heavier than 8.5g 😂

Not going to address the non FX products included in 'FX's product launch. 

20220427_064654.1651060317.jpg

Overall looks like some interesting upgrades. In the back of my head I was thinking they were gonna launch an M4 LOL. Wonder what changes were made to the valve and block? Hopefully, they're planning on supporting the 800mm barrel with their other accessories (I know some guys will want to use a barrel weight and free float their barrel). I do think they should have added a second barrel screw to the power block so the entire barrel is under tension instead of just the front. Love to see that tungsten hammer (guess we don't need those spacers in the slug kit with how it's designed?). Not quite what I was expecting with this announcement but it looks like a decent lineup.

Overall looks like some interesting upgrades. In the back of my head I was thinking they were gonna launch an M4 LOL. Wonder what changes were made to the valve and block? Hopefully, they're planning on supporting the 800mm barrel with their other accessories (I know some guys will want to use a barrel weight and free float their barrel). I do think they should have added a second barrel screw to the power block so the entire barrel is under tension instead of just the front. Love to see that tungsten hammer (guess we don't need those spacers in the slug kit with how it's designed?). Not quite what I was expecting with this announcement but it looks like a decent lineup.

Tentioning the whole barrel, directs the force across the 1/4 alum plate that connects the valve and trigger block. Because this plate is only on one side of the barrel, I wouldn’t be surprised if the actual gun bent slightly if that got under pressure. 

I think they whole design of the gun, while it’s neat looking, is also it’s weakness. 

@moistone Sounds like you're upset that FX doesn't do collabs with K&L! I wonder why? Oh wait the FX regulators don't work so lets make a reg delete to make them look bad. :0 maybe K&L should make some performance upgrades? The FX barrels have been begging to be tensioned for years and the powerblock, tungsten hammer sounds like it takes the Impact to speeds not yet available with production airguns. Sorry I just found your post anti-productive.

PK

Tentioning the whole barrel, directs the force across the 1/4 alum plate that connects the valve and trigger block. Because this plate is only on one side of the barrel, I wouldn’t be surprised if the actual gun bent slightly if that got under pressure.

True, I ended up using a ST bag rider to help make my mk2 more stable when I used a carbon tube as a tensioner. Still, there are some vibrations along the back because of the valving being there. Interested to see a comparison with the barrel tensioner vs a free-floating barrel.