Anyone call/email fx usa about power plenum yet?

Yesterday morning, I ordered a new .25 caliber, FX Impact from Utah Airguns. The Impact now comes standard with the power plenum. The delivery ETA is now about 6 weeks out due to the plenum addition. I don't know how many they (Utah Airguns) have on order, but there were 6 people ahead of me who have paid in full. Without prepayment, they wouldn't even guess when you'd get one! 

And, I figured... New gun, new scope, so I also ordered a Hawke 4X16X50, and their adjustable mounts. Lot of money, but you only go around once!

I've got a Gen 1 Impact, and I will upgrade. Already added an X Barrel, so will upgrade the plenum now. Might take 6 months to get one, but eventually, it'll be here.

Guess all that hype about buying a gun that is upgradeable actually will pay off. I was considering buying a whole new Impact to get all the whistles and bells, but the new plenum promises to give me what I really want, the ability to shoot slugs or the .25 34 grain pellets at lower pressures.

Contacted FX yesterday, got the automated reply, just hope they send me an order sheet this week. I'll pay now, and wait the two or three months if needed.

Has anyone confirmed that FX will sell these upgrade kits to us directly, or will we have to have them installed by an authorized dealer? I remember when the earlier power kits were being developed, they ultimately said they wouldn't sell them directly because they require installation. Naturally, it would be illogical to require us to send the rifle somewhere to have the parts installed, since all the parts fit just like the stock parts that they will happily sell you.

Has anyone confirmed that FX will sell these upgrade kits to us directly, or will we have to have them installed by an authorized dealer? I remember when the earlier power kits were being developed, they ultimately said they wouldn't sell them directly because they require installation. Naturally, it would be illogical to require us to send the rifle somewhere to have the parts installed, since all the parts fit just like the stock parts that they will happily sell you.

Yeah there was mention of losing warranty if you install them yourself. Which makes zero sense as they show you how to fully assemble and disassemble the gun online and these upgraded parts are FACTORY parts.

OK, so I finally got a chance to call FX USA. Here's the scoop. They will NOT send out the kit. You will be required to send your rifle to them, and they will install it. The cost is $300, which includes the parts, installation, and return shipping. There is a waiting list, and you can be added to that now at no cost. When your name comes up, they contact you, and you can either have it done, or not. The best estimate they could give was 2-3 months from now. I went ahead and got on the list, but I'm not sure it's worth it, since I probably already have the same performance with my current mods.

Yeah there was mention of losing warranty if you install them yourself. Which makes zero sense as they show you how to fully assemble and disassemble the gun online and these upgraded parts are FACTORY parts.

That's not legal in the USA. Everyone buying in the US needs to file a complaint with the FTC. consumer complaint online or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357)

Even though the following statement doesn't specify airguns the laws still apply.

The Federal Trade Commission staff has sent warning letters to six major companies that market and sell automobiles, cellular devices, and video gaming systems in the United States.

The letters warn that FTC staff has concerns about the companies’ statements that consumers must use specified parts or service providers to keep their warranties intact. Unless warrantors provide the parts or services for free or receive a waiver from the FTC, such statements generally are prohibited by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law that governs consumer product warranties. Similarly, such statements may be deceptive under the FTC Act.

That's not legal in the USA. Everyone buying in the US needs to file a complaint with the FTC. consumer complaint online or by calling 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357)

Even though the following statement doesn't specify airguns the laws still apply.

The Federal Trade Commission staff has sent warning letters to six major companies that market and sell automobiles, cellular devices, and video gaming systems in the United States.

The letters warn that FTC staff has concerns about the companies’ statements that consumers must use specified parts or service providers to keep their warranties intact. Unless warrantors provide the parts or services for free or receive a waiver from the FTC, such statements generally are prohibited by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law that governs consumer product warranties. Similarly, such statements may be deceptive under the FTC Act.

I understand you have a BEEF with FX, but it's readily apparent that you either have not read the law, or you don't fully comprehend it.

If Fx decides to NOT SELL the parts by themselves, without the installation. You can't force them to. IF you decide to install some aftermarket part,and you have some type of failure you think is under warranty, it is up to FX to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure in order to deny any such claim. Without someone submitting a claim, and then being denied solely on the basic they had an aftermarket part without any proof it actually caused or contributed to the failure, there is no complaint to be filed with anyone.

I understand you have a BEEF with FX, but it's readily apparent that you either have not read the law, or you don't fully comprehend it.

If Fx decides to NOT SELL the parts by themselves, without the installation. You can't force them to. IF you decide to install some aftermarket part,and you have some type of failure you think is under warranty, it is up to FX to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure in order to deny any such claim. Without someone submitting a claim, and then being denied solely on the basic they had an aftermarket part without any proof it actually caused or contributed to the failure, there is no complaint to be filed with anyone.

I have no beef with FX and you must not comprehend that these are FX branded parts and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act fully applies. The new guns built on the same receiver and rear block come with these same parts installed.

I have no beef with FX and you must not comprehend that these are FX branded parts and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act fully applies. The new guns built on the same receiver and rear block come with these same parts installed.

The fact that the parts they just made are FX branded parts, and the fact that they are used on a new model of the gun has no bearing on whether or not you can FORCE them to sell them to you. IF they refuse to sell without them installing there is NOTHING the consumer can do. And if they DON'T sell them, how is anyone going to install them and then have an issue where they would try and deny a Warranty Claim?

Did you call the complaint # you are advertising everyone to call? And make a complaint? Sure would like to know the full results of that.

The fact that the parts they just made are FX branded parts, and the fact that they are used on a new model of the gun has no bearing on whether or not you can FORCE them to sell them to you. IF they refuse to sell without them installing there is NOTHING the consumer can do. And if they DON'T sell them, how is anyone going to install them and then have an issue where they would try and deny a Warranty Claim?

Did you call the complaint # you are advertising everyone to call? And make a complaint? Sure would like to know the full results of that.

You must be having a bad day. I never said anything about forcing FX to sell parts. My point is that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents them from voiding your warranty if you install these parts yourself. I'm saying everyone who purchases these parts in the USA and and is informed by FX that their warranty will be voided if they install the parts themselves should file a complaint with the FTA.
1578359870_21394218045e13dc3e07eb78.99882805_hug[1].gif

You must be having a bad day. I never said anything about forcing FX to sell parts. My point is that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents them from voiding your warranty if you install these parts yourself. I'm saying everyone who purchases these parts in the USA and and is informed by FX that their warranty will be voided if they install the parts themselves should file a complaint with the FTA.
1578359870_21394218045e13dc3e07eb78.99882805_hug[1].gif

I must be having a REALLY bad day. For some unknown reason I can't get it through to you that IF THEY WON'T sell it to you, you CAN'T install it, have something happen to your gun and then make a claim for them to VOID. The way it is now NO ONE in USA is going to get one of these to install themselves. Why do you think HUMA put that disclaimer on their site?

"We do not ship these items to Sweden, Canada or the USA"

I must be having a REALLY bad day. For some unknown reason I can't get it through to you that IF THEY WON'T sell it to you, you CAN'T install it, have something happen to your gun and then make a claim for them to VOID. The way it is now NO ONE in USA is going to get one of these to install themselves. Why do you think HUMA put that disclaimer on their site?

Yep you are, just read what you originally replied to and worked yourself up. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/anyone-call-email-fx-usa-about-power-plenum-yet/page/2/#post-621769

I was responding to Glem's comment. I don't recall mentioning Huma.

Yep you are, just read what you originally replied to and worked yourself up. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/anyone-call-email-fx-usa-about-power-plenum-yet/page/2/#post-621769

I was responding to Glem's comment. I don't recall mentioning Huma.

I give up, you win..........................but I replied to your post................which included BOTH of these quotes......................talking about FX selling DIRECTLY

I give up, you win..........................but I replied to your post................which included BOTH of these quotes......................talking about FX selling DIRECTLY

No worries my friend I think we were confusing each other. I normally delete all except the text of the person I'm quoting to keep the thread neat. I've been a super moderator on a welding forum for many years.