• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone bought a GX-CS4 from Aliexpress?

Looked at the sellers on ebay you recommended, even their pictures no longer show I.D. tag. I'll keep you posted. I'm not TOO nervous about it due to warranty. At least, in the past, we had that tag for verification. How do we TRULY know now? As long as it works & gives me air I'll be happy. Even the seller I bought from last time (authentic, with tag) doesn't show the tag. One has to look at "specifications" & "brand" to make sure it says YH.
Agreed, advertising pictures are worthless, some knowingly deceptive, just a bunch of cut and paste. Best option is checking specification sheet for YH as manufacturer, seller with high positive rating and e-mail contact to verify YH manufacturer. Then, roll the dice. WM

Reactions: Gerry52
Agreed, advertising pictures are worthless, some knowingly deceptive, just a bunch of cut and paste. Best option is checking specification sheet for YH as manufacturer, seller with high positive rating and e-mail contact to verify YH manufacturer. Then, roll the dice. WM
Here's what I was hoping for! Notice the Model # has changed but appears to be authentic.
20240302_102614.jpg

Reactions: WorriedMan
Grey-Kiwis post #95 shows outlet receptacles on side in photo, never seen that before. WM
The new YH ran as I hoped for! Yay! New manual shows model with side plug, like a PC power cord, mine has fixed cord coming from back. I do believe they may have beefed up the internals which is fine by me. Of course the manual is "Chinglish" and describes things that are not correct (like cyclonic water separator on right & bleed valve on left) but, overall, it's better than the old one. Seller is TOPDEEP on Amazon. I went through there to get the extended warranty. Around $295 with warranty (Topdeep has 5 or 6 different ads & prices but all within $15 of each other). Hope that helps. Ships from a site in U.S. Was supposed to be delivered this coming Monday, got it yesterday! 2 days delivery time.

Reactions: WorriedMan
The new YH ran as I hoped for! Yay! New manual shows model with side plug, like a PC power cord, mine has fixed cord coming from back. I do believe they may have beefed up the internals which is fine by me. Of course the manual is "Chinglish" and describes things that are not correct (like cyclonic water separator on right & bleed valve on left) but, overall, it's better than the old one. Seller is TOPDEEP on Amazon. I went through there to get the extended warranty. Around $295 with warranty (Topdeep has 5 or 6 different ads & prices but all within $15 of each other). Hope that helps. Ships from a site in U.S. Was supposed to be delivered this coming Monday, got it yesterday! 2 days delivery time.
Great news, now we can verify an authentic YH dealer for those concerned with fakes.(y) WM

Reactions: Gerry52
I mostly collect older airguns so read stuff here more than post.

But, I know the GX brand and work very very closely with them. Communication with GX and I is nearly every day as I consider some from the parent company (Anbul) friends. When this thread was seen there was a lot going on to try to keep you guys safe from getting junk.

You can't clean them all up, the ones that end up left are the ones that are more than if you actually buy from GX, either the website, Amazon, Walmart, or the refurbished on Ebay are your safest bets. Don't be fooled by cheap prices on the Chinese sites.

No other sellers of compressors will do what GX does.
Hey Mark I'm glad I got hooked up with you today at the Janesville show. Thanks again for the tutorial on the GX and selling me on it. Oh and Nick for helping out, thanks. Was a pleasure meeting both!

First modification, remove the center of the water cap. It just popped out with a small screwdriver.
No need for LED lights, I can easily see the water moving!

View attachment 441656
Depends on your eyesight and the ambient lighting. Besides my red LEDs match the case color and look cool like a lava lamp and works even in complete darkness. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm going to put some food coloring in tomorrow to see, but with that disc removed Its's so much better.

Yeah, do NOT do that. Food coloring has NO place in a system like that. You'll likely feel algal or microbial growth. Add water wetter or propylene glycol if you want color, but not too much of that, maybe .25 ml of WW or 20 ml of propylene glycol.

Or better yet, just shine a light into the window when you turn the pump on, using pure distilled water. That is the BEST coolant to use.

Last edited:
Yeah, do NOT do that. Food coloring has NO place in a system like that. You'll likely feel algal or microbial growth. Add water wetter or propylene glycol if you want color, but not too much of that, maybe .25 ml of WW or 20 ml of propylene glycol.

Or better yet, just shine a light into the window when you turn the pump on, using pure distilled water. That is the BEST coolant to use.
Actually, pure distilled water will leach minerals out of system and eventually galvanic corrosion will wreck havoc with dissimilar metals in the system. Use a coolant made for water cooled PCs or a car antifreeze that will be friendly with the materials in the loop.

Actually, pure distilled water will leach minerals out of system and eventually galvanic corrosion will wreck havoc with dissimilar metals in the system. Use a coolant made for water cooled PCs or a car antifreeze that will be friendly with the materials in the loop.
Yeah, you're right. It might take years, but why chance it?

Hence my comment about propylene glycol. 15-20 ml in our tiny tanks. A $43 gallon of PG will treat 252 coolant tanks (about $0.17 per tank).

If one doesn't have a gallon of it lying around (I happen to) and doesn't want to store a gallon of PG, then perhaps water wetter would provide a better bargain at $0.50 per treated tank vs T1000, which costs $6.25 per treated tank? A $12 bottle of WW will treat 23 coolant tanks, whereas the $25 bottle of T1000 will only treat 4.

Get some Thermaltake T1000. It's made for water cooled PCs. It contains anticorosives and antibacterial agents. Perfect for the GX CS4. Lots of colors to choose from.

T1000 is nothing more than 6% PG in distilled water, FWIW. Nothing special about it. Just watered down boiler antifreeze.

Yeah, you're right. It might take years, but why chance it?

Hence my comment about propylene glycol. 15-20 ml in our tiny tanks. A $43 gallon of PG will treat 252 coolant tanks (about $0.17 per tank).

If one doesn't have a gallon of it lying around (I happen to) and doesn't want to store a gallon of PG, then perhaps water wetter would provide a better bargain at $0.50 per treated tank vs T1000, which costs $6.25 per treated tank? A $12 bottle of WW will treat 23 coolant tanks, whereas the $25 bottle of T1000 will only treat 4.

T1000 is nothing more than 6% PG in distilled water, FWIW. Nothing special about it. Just watered down boiler antifreeze.
I never said T1000 was a magical coolant that was above all others. Just said it worked and it has colors.

Reactions: F6Hawk