• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Anyone bought a GX-CS4 from Aliexpress?

I am not surprised that the price went up, as it seems to be the best low cost pump available right now. If my Shoebox compressors were to die on me the CS4 would probably be what I would buy (although that is unlikely, as one is almost unused yet and the primary runs great and I have lots of spare parts).

But I would not buy from AliExpress . . . I'd pay the extra hundred to get it from a reliable, returnable source that isn't out to scam me . . .

I've decided, once again, to go with a Yong Heng from Amazon (non auto stop). AUTHENTIC YH, I'm familiar with them (in & out), have everything I need to augment cooling system and got 3.5 years from my last one. Even with 4 yr extended warranty it's a lot less $ than CS4. I HAVE TO take that into account to maintain "happy wife, happy life" status😉(y)

I've decided, once again, to go with a Yong Heng from Amazon (non auto stop). AUTHENTIC YH, I'm familiar with them (in & out), have everything I need to augment cooling system and got 3.5 years from my last one. Even with 4 yr extended warranty it's a lot less $ than CS4. I HAVE TO take that into account to maintain "happy wife, happy life" status😉(y)
Familiarity and having parts is plenty good enough reason to stay the course . . . the same reason I bought my second, newer "backup" Shoebox F10 last year. I expect it won't see regular use for several years - I don't really want to switch away from what I know works for me!

Reactions: Gerry52
OK, here's the "rub". I believe, but not absolutely sure, the more inexpensive ones on Aliexpress might be COPIES! Of the 10 or so I've looked at there's ONLY ONE mentioned GX as brand name. Others were different. I'm getting red flags in my gut. It's like AUTHENTIC Yong Heng or copy? The pictures used in the ad are the exact pictures used in real GX ads. Very confusing. BUYER BEWARE! DO YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE before jumping on a cheap price!
They are not real GX...I can guarantee you this and they have been given a cease and desist order. They are violating copyright laws and brand infringement. If it's not taken down, it will be reported to USPTO. Buy a real CS4 if you want one, not some crap knock off unit.

They are not real GX...I can guarantee you this and they have been given a cease and desist order. They are violating copyright laws and brand infringement. If it's not taken down, it will be reported to USPTO. Buy a real CS4 if you want one, not some crap knock off unit.
I dont believe China has copyright laws!

Reactions: Gerry52
I dont believe China has copyright laws!
There are, it is complicated but they can get into huge fines by their own government. Copyright something made in the US in China is a different issue... but that seller is in China. Also the USPTO will get involved here if it can be proven its bad enough, especially since GX is here and sells here.

It's an issue that's currently be addressed against that advertiser. How far it goes and what happens is to be seen....

At the end of the day though, that is a fake GX cs4 in that ad

There are, it is complicated but they can get into huge fines by their own government. Copyright something made in the US in China is a different issue... but that seller is in China. Also the USPTO will get involved here if it can be proven its bad enough, especially since GX is here and sells here.

It's an issue that's currently be addressed against that advertiser. How far it goes and what happens is to be seen....

At the end of the day though, that is a fake GX cs4 in that ad
What exactly makes a GX CS4 real and genuine?
What features set it apart?

Reactions: Dog
What exactly makes a GX CS4 real and genuine?
What features set it apart?
If it's not made by the manufacturer of GX it is not a real GX.

Check out the fake YH's and see all the problems people have with those. Odds are you'll have the same issues with the fake GX. Cheaper motors, cheaper seal materials, etc... and good luck with any warranty as well.

The one from gxpumpofficial.com COULD be fake, and the one from Aliexpress COULD be real!
How do we know, with 100% certainty, that the ones from gxpumpofficial.com are REAL?
The price difference (for me, today 2-28-2024) between a GX CS4 from Aliexpress, vs. gxpumpofficial.com is signifigant at about 18% ($452 vs. $513).
Until we open up them both up, take photos, and compare the two, we are only assuming, and unable to differentiate "REAL" from "FAKE".
I believe an e-mail to the REAL GX company, might be in order!
Perhaps a serial number, or some other substantial component detail, would set the two apart?

I bought my GX CS4 from gxpumpofficial.com about a month ago. I removed the red cover, emptied water reservoir, disconnected and emptied all the water lines, plus the radiator, then filled the water reservoir with distilled water. I connected the compressor to the AC-to-DC adapter and plugged the adapter into a 110V outlet. The adapter immediately proceeded to fry itself with a loud "pop", tossing out a shower sparks plus a bit of smoke.

I sent an email to [email protected] explaining what happened. Four days later I had a new and better quality AC-to-DC adapter. During the wait for the new adapter I used a lawn tractor battery to power the compressor. I flushed the water cooling system and added coolant made for computer water cooling systems. The battery had enough power to fill a 480cc bottle twice before needing to be recharged.

My GX CS4 runs fine. If gxpumpofficial.com is fake they still have a good fake support department IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1900colt
ali express is fine ive used it for alot of stuff but understand a couple of things - they host vendors kinda like amazon does, but if you search for a lowest price/low sales count vendor your gonna likely get an old stock beat up turd pos .. get that, and stick to an obviously well moving vendor and youll be good ... also shipping, just like here rarely there can be shipping issues BUT, understand that UNLIKE here that vendor will likely not gurantee you a refund and tell you to go find it yourself if its lost AFTER it hits the states system ... it can happen, just like it does here, but it will likely be your loss .. so dont order anything from china above what you could ultimately live with if by slim chance shipping does go south ...

I bought my GX CS4 from gxpumpofficial.com about a month ago. The adapter immediately proceeded to fry itself with a loud "pop", tossing out a shower sparks plus a bit of smoke.
If gxpumpofficial.com is fake they still have a good fake support department IMO.
PLEASE, make certain you have REAL Homeowners insurance, and its paid and up to date!
Ive dealt and survived 1 house fire (TOTAL loss) , and this really worries me.
Total nightmare.

The one from gxpumpofficial.com COULD be fake, and the one from Aliexpress COULD be real!
How do we know, with 100% certainty, that the ones from gxpumpofficial.com are REAL?
The price difference (for me, today 2-28-2024) between a GX CS4 from Aliexpress, vs. gxpumpofficial.com is signifigant at about 18% ($452 vs. $513).
Until we open up them both up, take photos, and compare the two, we are only assuming, and unable to differentiate "REAL" from "FAKE".
I believe an e-mail to the REAL GX company, might be in order!
Perhaps a serial number, or some other substantial component detail, would set the two apart?
Check my latest post in this thread. Re: official response from GX Pumps. SCARY how clone mfg are using the GX pics, specs, etc.

GX Pumps responded to my inquiry with them. THEY DO NOT SELL ON ALIEXPRESS!!! Even the ones listing GX as brand are NOT from GX PUMPS (that's the authentic brand name)!!! BEWARE OF THE CLONES!
Check my latest post in this thread. Re: official response from GX Pumps. SCARY how clone mfg are using the GX pics, specs, etc.
Dont be fooled Gerry!
Based on another members experience here, with "smoke and shower of sparks", its not the clones we need to worry abaout! The "smoke and shower of sparks" came from a "OFFICIAL" product purchased from "GXPUMPOFFICIAL.COM".
Reguardless, the question remains as to whether or not they are the same identical compressor, or if there are differences, and if so, how to tell them apart.

This "official response" you mention.....
Did it come directly from GXPUMPOFFICIAL.COM ?
IF your "official response" came from gxpumpofficial.com, perhaps you could ask them why their domain name is registered with "Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd. d/b/a HiChina" !
I believe Aliexpress and Alibaba are the same company, arent they?
GXPUMPOFFICIAL.COM is registered with Alibaba.

Gxpump official is the real deal.
Buy from Amazon or their website.

Buy that thing on Aliexpress and it's fake...I can promise you that🙂

Again.. the compressors on Aliexpress ARE FAKES.
Yet GXPUMPOFFICIAL.COM domain name, is registered with Alibaba!