• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Anyone bought a GX-CS4 from Aliexpress?

I found this stuff here in NZ.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-clear-premix-1000ml
It's specifications say...
Decomposition temperature.
>65°C (>150°F)*

*Decomposition temperature is the temperature threshold at which the breakdown of individual components (dye, preservatives) in the solution may start to occur. Moreover, liquid vaporization starts to occur at this temperature.

Recommended use temperature range
5 to 60°C (40 to 140°F)

Target Forge did a video on the heat put out by the CS4, and the cylinder head area was at 160°F which is 20°F hotter than the coolant Decomposition Temperature.
Is this a worry? What's the decomposition temp of the T1000?

Is it safe to add about 50/50 of this coolant additive?
https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/...i freeze&srule=Price Ascending&start=11&sz=60

Last edited:
OK...displaying my ignorance...what's PG please?
Edit...Propylene Glycol (yes...I googled it).
Thanks.
As opposed to ethylene glycol, or auto antifreeze. PG is more viscous, making it more efficient at heat transfer (though at our low temps, this really isn't an issue). And it's less toxic than EG. But as RedWing pointed out, using one of those will make distilled water less corrosive over a long period of time.

Personally, I think 5ml of water wetter is probably the most economical solution all around, so one isn't stuck keeping a gallon of PG laying around. And it's a much better $$ deal than either PG or T1000. But whatever is easily obtainable locally is probably best for each of us.

Reactions: Grey-Kiwi
For the small amount of time required, I plan on replacing the distilled water on a regular basis. To be honest, I can easily see the water circulate now with the obstruction removed from the fill cap.

I was too originally, but as @RedTide was kind enough to point out, plain DW will cause corrosion over time. How much time? I cannot say for sure. But DW will leach the minerals out of the aluminum. So softened water is preferred (it exchanges the unwanted ions for sodium ions), or adding an anti-corrosive such as WW, PG, EG, etc. is in order. Plus they provide some anti-microbial properties as well to keep little buggies from growing in the water.

(Side note - DW does remove heat better than water with the above chemicals in it, due to the increased viscosity. But in systems that get very hot - think car engines - it can also get hot spots that causes flash vaporization that actually REDUCES heat transfer, and that is why a wetting agent like WW is beneficial over DW. Plus all the lubricating/anti-microbial/anti-corrosive properties we have mentioned before)

For me, it will either be PG (since I have some on hand already) or WW down the road.

For those using either PG or EG, if you're in freezing temps, use a 50/50 mix to protect from freezing. If you're in a non-freezing environment, you can use 10/90 or 20/80 antifreeze/DW ratios and be fine.

Just a heads up for anyone still following this thread. Just ran the new YH I got. Topped off a 60min SCBA from 3900‐4250psi. 7 minutes to fill, temp never above 41C. All fittings/seals were pressure tight & solid out of the box. Oil stayed crystal clear in window. All in all happy with my decision & results. TIME will be the true test.

Just a heads up for anyone still following this thread. Just ran the new YH I got. Topped off a 60min SCBA from 3900‐4250psi. 7 minutes to fill, temp never above 41C. All fittings/seals were pressure tight & solid out of the box. Oil stayed crystal clear in window. All in all happy with my decision & results. TIME will be the true test.
OMG, how could you EVER talk about anything in a CS4 thread besides a CS4??? Best watch out, lest ye anger the AGN gods!!

Just kidding, you're welcome to post what and where you want. Glad to hear your experience is a positive one. I sure am glad the quality of today's compressors are getting better and better, opening the joy of owning a PCP to more and more people.

Do you have any moisture filtration on it, or did you just fill straight from the YH?

OMG, how could you EVER talk about anything in a CS4 thread besides a CS4??? Best watch out, lest ye anger the AGN gods!!

Just kidding, you're welcome to post what and where you want. Glad to hear your experience is a positive one. I sure am glad the quality of today's compressors are getting better and better, opening the joy of owning a PCP to more and more people.

Do you have any moisture filtration on it, or did you just fill straight from the YH?
Secondary AIRMEGA filter with dessicant beads & "cotton" filters at both ends to keep it in place. 1st run was very dry after opening cyclonic separator once during top off.

Reactions: F6Hawk