Anyone airline travel with an Omega Tank?

So, do people just mail the cylinders to their destination within the US rather than take them as baggage?

I can’t imagine people buying an air tank any time they travel with their Airgun.

Also, TSA want you to remove the air cylinder from the air rifle for checked baggage, does this harm the air rifle? Not sure I want to do that to my high end air rifles

So, do people just mail the cylinders to their destination within the US rather than take them as baggage?

I can’t imagine people buying an air tank any time they travel with their Airgun.

Also, TSA want you to remove the air cylinder from the air rifle for checked baggage, does this harm the air rifle? Not sure I want to do that to my high end air rifles
UPS Ground shipped a filled tank to me once. So I'm guessing it's okay with them as long as it is ground shipping.
As far as emptying a gun/bottle to travel, it's easy and doesn't harm a thing.

Fenan I am looking to do the same thing can't you just travel with it empty and get if filled at destination

The US airline I used to work for only allowed air cylinders if the valve/regulator assembly was removed allowing a visual look inside the cylinder to verify it is empty.
If I saw a cylinder with its valve off, I don’t think I would have to look inside to verify it was empty. But then I’m not a TSA agent. 😂😂😂

Reactions: Montana_Airgun
Yeah, I made a video now on how to tackle this issue. Remember to have your ammo seperate when travelling. I forgot to mention it on the video.

excellent job so my question is if you have a scuba tank I know it has to be empty but do you need to take the air valve off as well? Can that even be done? Or do you not brining your scuba tank when you fly and you bring a hand pump?

I saw your video great job. But do you also need to show that the scuba tank is empty as well?
That is a very good question. I would say that you have to have the SCBA tank valve also detached, but I might be wrong. Atleast I can get the valve off from my SCBA tank. The valve is threaded normally to the tank, you just need to degass the tank to get the valve off

I traveled with my USFT Hunter , bottle tank empty, TSA insisted I remove the valve/regulator so they can inspect it inside for drugs or ??? Didnt have the proper allen tools, they brought out a large plumber's wrench....😑

I've traveled airlines several other times with other air rifles with the standard type air tube, not bottle type, nobody took a closer look.

I'd say empty it, and remove the valve, make sure you have the proper tools to reinstall.