Anyone actually own the Arken

Own the Arken LH series scopes? LH4-6-24x50 or 4-16. I'm wanting to put something light on one of the rifles and this one is 21? OZ but there is nothing on youtube I can find for reviews or on AGN (that I can find anyway) :poop:
I ordered one just a few days ago and it should be here by Tuesday so I'll let you know.

Reactions: MACTEN
Own the Arken LH series scopes? LH4-6-24x50 or 4-16. I'm wanting to put something light on one of the rifles and this one is 21? OZ but there is nothing on youtube I can find for reviews or on AGN (that I can find anyway) :poop:
Yes, it's all have on my rifles (3, a Maverick .22, a Maverick .25 and my JSAR Raptor .25, with the exception of a Sapsan that has a PARD 032 on it. There are plenty of reviews. I had some Elements but....because they haven't figured out how to lube the turrets properly I've given up on them and the reticles just don't quite work for me,. The Arkens have solid CLICKS and return to zero quite well. My only complaint is the turret screws seem to work loose but it might be me, a touch of Locktite purple settles that issue. The eye relief is good, the regular lenses are good but the J glass is higher clarity, to me it's noticeable. Any more questions I'll be happy to help.

Yes, it's all have on my rifles (3, a Maverick .22, a Maverick .25 and my JSAR Raptor .25, with the exception of a Sapsan that has a PARD 032 on it. There are plenty of reviews. I had some Elements but....because they haven't figured out how to lube the turrets properly I've given up on them and the reticles just don't quite work for me,. The Arkens have solid CLICKS and return to zero quite well. My only complaint is the turret screws seem to work loose but it might be me, a touch of Locktite purple settles that issue. The eye relief is good, the regular lenses are good but the J glass is higher clarity, to me it's noticeable. Any more questions I'll be happy to help.
Do they have the Japanese glass as well? I have several of the SH4 series and I love them but they are heavy for the airgun I'm looking to outfit.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
And several of the shooters on Texas Plinker 1,000 yard challenge use them, of course some use insanely expensive glass too.Sh
Do they have the Japanese glass as well? I have several of the SH4 series and I love them but they are heavy for the airgun I'm looking to outfit

SH-4J 6-24X50 FFP Illuminated VHR/VPR - Zero Stop - 34mm Tube Also in the 30mm tubes, they are lighter.​

And several of the shooters on Texas Plinker 1,000 yard challenge use them, of course some use insanely expensive glass too.Sh

SH-4J 6-24X50 FFP Illuminated VHR/VPR - Zero Stop - 34mm Tube Also in the 30mm tubes, they are lighter.​

I see the SH4J is Japanese glass but I was wondering if the LH4's have it as well.

Last edited:
I see the SH4J is Japanese glass but I was wondering if the LF4's have it as well.
They label them, I do find their descriptions tend to be less than ideal and very generic. The regular glass is ok, no complaints but the J glass is brighter. I'm not seeing any 'bad' chromatic aberrations in any of them or any for that matter. I'm a fan of the center dot and at .3mm these old eyes can still see it. My personal feeling is it gets me closer at distance of a whopping 125 yards...to miss closer.

My suggestion is....
what does this scope focus down too ??
Focus, 15 yards or so, I get basic alignment at 10 yards fuzzy, then out to 30 for my first real zero, then start fine tuning at 50 and 100. Strelok Pro said to zero at 71 yards, I may try that some day. I'm shooting rested 99.999% of the time. Well the gun is rested, me...not so much.

I hope you like it! I have an EPL4 6-24 and I really like it. I had not heard of the LH so I went to the Arken website and looked at it. Seems very similar but a little over an ounce lighter and the elevation is capped on the LH, it is not on my EPL4. EPL4 is nearly twice as expensive on the Arken website but I only paid $330 for mine.

I own two (4-16), one in MOA and the other in .mil. With the current 25% discount, I don't know any other scopes that can come close to the Arkens. I've owned Athlons, and like them, too. But they are usually weigh more. My MOA scope for what ever reason has "tighter" controls>. the power adjuster and the focus wheel is noticeably harder to turn than the .mil scope. Irritating but not a deal breaker. The reticle is pretty thin under 8X. I messaged them and asked them of they could do a SFP version (which would save some more ounces). The illuminated reticle is not day light bright, if that's a concern.

I bought the 4-16 on Super Bowl Sunday even though I didn't need another scope.. I just happened to look on the Arken website and they were on sale! I really like this scope and at the price it makes it a great deal. My other scopes are all FFP and I have 5 Athlons and 2 Discovery scopes.
How do you like the discovery scopes? I thought about buying theire new ed5 psr set up but the 38oz REALLY put me off, the arken sh4's 35oz are about my limit lol

I just mounted an LH 6-24 on my 22 rimfire rifle because it is lightweight and compact without the target turrets sticking way out. While I doubt the glass is Japanese, it’s plenty clear and bright and more than adequate for this application. IMO, it’s far better that anything else in this price range. I also own SH-4s, SH4Js, and EPLs . All good products.

I just mounted an LH 6-24 on my 22 rimfire rifle because it is lightweight and compact without the target turrets sticking way out. While I doubt the glass is Japanese, it’s plenty clear and bright and more than adequate for this application. IMO, it’s far better that anything else in this price range. I also own SH-4s, SH4Js, and EPLs . All good products.
Would you say that the sh-4 and sh4j are several steps better?